Redskins mid season report card...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
6-2!!!

MVP and player of the year are two different things.

Player of the year: Clinton Portis
MVP: Jason Campbell

Honorable mentions:

Santana Moss
John Jansen
London Fletcher
Chris Cooley
The entire O line
The entire D line
Sean Suisham
Jason Taylor for not just being here for the paycheck

Unsung heroes;

HB Blades
Thrash
Smoot
Andre Carter
Karey Campbell and a bunch of other no name special teamers who just make plays!!! This includes Plackemeier for stepping in and doing a solid job.

Comeback player of the year: Carlos Rogers, BIG TIME. Honorable mention for Rocky.

Rookie of the year: Horton

Coach of the year: Jim Zorn

We still need something good from Thomas and Kelly to compliment Moss and Cool and Randl El.

Health is, as always, a big deal.

The Redskins are THIS close to being REAL good and, to me, it's up to Thomas and/or Kelly to give us that one more weapon that we need to turn more of these awesome drives into touchdowns.

Safe to say, this team has exceeded any reasonable expectations and are a serious threat for the NFC crown.

If the O line suffers much, we are in trouble, but, until then, damn they're playing good!!!

:buddies:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Can't pick at a single thing you've written. Horton is a pleasant surprise, but Rogers' play this season has been a HUGE surprise. If the offense can start matching points with its yard production, look out.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

. If the offense can start matching points with its yard production, look out.

I think that is terribly key; We are the exact same personnel as last year and, basically, the last four years, yet, Zorn has this group FAR more potent yet it's STILL missing the same thing; A legit #1 to compliment Moss or at least a real good #2.

Thomas and Kelly hold the key to the season, I think. Absent one more credible, serious threat, teams clamp on Moss even though he's have a GREAT year, or sell out on stopping Portis, even though he's having a great year. We just need one more piece. One more.

BuddyLee

Football addict
If Portis can reach 120 yards against Detroit's 31st-ranked run defense, he will join Simpson as the only players in NFL history to rush for at least 120 yards in five consecutive games twice in a career. Simpson did it with the Bills in 1973 and 1975. Portis first did it over two seasons with four games with Denver in 2003 and one game with Washington in 2004.
Portis just tied that record.

Portis also has the most 100 yard games out of any RB since 2002.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Larry, still think London Fletcher is too old and washed up?:eyebrow:

More on Portis...

Portis now leads the league with 944 yards.

The next leading rusher is Adrian Peterson with 684.

That's 260 more yards than the next guy.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Larry, still think London Fletcher is too old and washed up?:eyebrow:

More on Portis...

Portis now leads the league with 944 yards.

The next leading rusher is Adrian Peterson with 684.

That's 260 more yards than the next guy.

...I never said he was. I've said it's tough to be in a position of relying so much on a guy, as a leader and as performer, who is nearing the end.

He is playing FABULOUS.

Peter Forsberg

MVP/Player of the year for the Redskins is the Offensive line not Portis!!!! Just think Portis called out his offensive line what an idiot.

angelbaby

:yeahthat: Thats why I lump the Ravens in with Philly and Pittsburgh fans. Azzhats!!..(tho I do like the Steelers, plus Westbrook of that philly team is probably the best all purpose back I've ever seen)

You know I was really thinking hard about getting tickets to the Redskins/Ravens game. That was until a friend of mine told me she went to a Ravens/Browns game last year. She is a Browns fan. She told me the Ravens fans were actually spitting on them when they were leaving the stadium. Now keep in mind this is a woman who would no sooner want to hurt a fly. All I can say is this, if I do decide to attend and someone spits on me...It's on!!!
:boxing:

By the way, They also attended the Redskins/Browns games and said our fans were some of the nicest she's been around.

angelbaby

MVP/Player of the year for the Redskins is the Offensive line not Portis!!!! Just think Portis called out his offensive line what an idiot.

As he should have..they played like crap last year. That's why campbell was also sacked so many times last year. Give credit where credit is due. Portis is palying like a beast this year.

BuddyLee

Football addict
...I never said he was. I've said it's tough to be in a position of relying so much on a guy, as a leader and as performer, who is nearing the end.

He is playing FABULOUS.
OK that's fair.

He's my favorite player and an even better guy to meet.:yay: All class and heart.

Very short fellow.:lol: