Redskins v. Broncos

D

dems4me

NFL channel is finally showing a game I can roote for :lol: They are showing the Denver Washington superbowl game from 1988. I don't remember who won (I'm thinking we did)so it's like watching it all over again and with GREAT players. There's Dave Butz, Darell Green... crap 83 Sanders just fumbled the kick off after Denver got a FG -it's soo funny hearing the commentators not mention anything about redflags and reviewing it. :killingme: Wait they are!!! The ref is talking the the review official and he just said after a conference play stands as called :shocking:

A few plays before that Elway handed off to his back and his back threw it to Elway as if he was a receiver for 24 yards. Then Butz stopped them in the redzone and they kicked a field goal.

Its 10-0 in the first quarter. If anyone is bored.

Last edited by a moderator:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
You can't be a Redskins fan and not know what happened in that game.

42-10 Skins...Denver never scored another point after scoring the first 10 points in the game. They scored 35 points just in the second quarter.

D

dems4me

You can't be a Redskins fan and not know what happened in that game.

42-10 Skins...Denver never scored another point after scoring the first 10 points in the game. They scored 35 points just in the second quarter.

I have a bad memory, also I was only 18 and probably out on a date and drinking then :lol: I thought we'd won but that's about all the details I recall from 20 years ago. :lol: Its still 10-0 and Denver is driving in the second quarter. Lang and Zuel (sp?) look very impressive.

D

dems4me

Isn't that the game with the one hit wonder, Timmy Smith?? :lmao:

Yep... the rookie Smith just ran it for a 45 yard run but was called for holding on Warren :frown: They said they are using Smith now instead of Rogers who isn't running well. Williams is hurt and Jay Schrader is coming in :ohwell:

chess

low 5... hi 5......
I cant remember either... After a bad car accident my long term memory some of it is shot :( uggh...

i agree dems.. nice to see a skins helmet on the screen :) even tho they are home...

D

dems4me

I cant remember either... After a bad car accident my long term memory some of it is shot :( uggh...

i agree dems.. nice to see a skins helmet on the screen :) even tho they are home...

If catt's correct, we're in for a treat now that the second quarter is about to start.:clap: :clap: Olkewitz really laid out Elway :killingme: Denver 142 yards in the first quarter - Redskins only 63.

D

dems4me

Williams to Sanders - 80 yard pass play for a touchdown! :clap: 50 seconds into the second quarter :lol:

D

dems4me

Clint Didier lays a heck of a block for Smith to run a 58 yard touchdown run on a counter gap :yay: