Redskins v. Cowboys

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not one of them picks the Skins!

The Cowboys are hurting and if there is one thing we WILL do tonight, it is get to Romo. Haslett has got the tools that made his d so brutal in Nola. He, Romo, won't finish the game!

We're not going to win. We're going to win big. :shrug:

Uh......

Big credit to Romo.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Uh......

Big credit to Romo.

Agreed. That sumbeech is a lucky biatch though. All those bad shotgun snaps and we couldn't cover at least one of them?

OTOH, let's tick them off:
1) D. Hall needs to shut his yap and play the game.
2) TOUCHDOWNS GODAMMIT!!! FOCK A FOCKING FG!!!
3) The least penalized team this year decides to get sloppy.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Could be a season defining game for both teams. Redskins missed opportunities aplenty.

I'm looking foward in seeing how they play an ailing Rams team on the road to gauge if this team has started to turn the corner.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Could be a season defining game for both teams. Redskins missed opportunities aplenty.

I'm looking foward in seeing how they play an ailing Rams team on the road to gauge if this team has started to turn the corner.

They need to get over their aversion to scoring TDs while in the red zone.

BuddyLee

Football addict
They need to get over their aversion to scoring TDs while in the red zone.
Big time. It's typical though. That's the difference between having an average QB and a great one or an average offensive line and a great one. Gotta love them growing pains. After the last few years I came into this season having no expectations. Any win or sign of improvement from the past is icing on the cake.

I'm personally hoping for a franchise QB early in the draft and an interior lineman or two a little later.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Big time. It's typical though. That's the difference between having an average QB and a great one or an average offensive line and a great one. Gotta love them growing pains. After the last few years I came into this season having no expectations. Any win or sign up improvement from the past is icing on the cake.

I'm personally hoping for a franchise QB early in the draft and an interior lineman or two a little later.

:yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Agreed. That sumbeech is a lucky biatch though. All those bad shotgun snaps and we couldn't cover at least one of them?

OTOH, let's tick them off:
1) D. Hall needs to shut his yap and play the game.
2) TOUCHDOWNS GODAMMIT!!! FOCK A FOCKING FG!!!
3) The least penalized team this year decides to get sloppy.

Lucky, I guess. More a reality check for us, though. I mean, everything went our way and we couldn't get it done against a crippled, out of sorts team hurting pretty much everywhere. We got beat by a better team at 1/2 strength playing with their heads up their ass.

rack'm

Jaded
I am curious why some of those snaps it seems everyone else went with the snap...except Romo. Or is that just me?

Hmmmm, I didn't notice that myself

I just watched the footage on nfl.com .......... the video isn't too clear, but the announcers said every time that Romo wasn't ready for the snap

Last edited:

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Hmmmm, I didn't notice that myself

I just watched the footage on nfl.com .......... the video isn't too clear, but the announcers said every time that Romo wasn't ready for the snap

And everytime he did get the ball, the announcers gave him a verbal blow job.

"That's so impressive how he was able to get the ball on that hike with his cracked rib and punctured lung, this guy is the coach, quarterback and wide receiver out there."

"Romo hands the ball to Felix Jones" (second announcer interjects) "I'll tell you, that's amazing how he did that, shows the physical toughness and raw talent this guy has to hand the ball off like that."

(Romo throws the ball to the Redskins) "That was a very smart throw he made, shows how tough this guy is with his cracked ribs."

Every friggin' play, :blahblah: Romo's cracked ribs :blahblah:

Wish the announcers would've invited him up to the booth and made sweet love to him after the game. :rolleyes:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And everytime he did get the ball, the announcers gave him a verbal blow job.

"That's so impressive how he was able to get the ball on that hike with his cracked rib and punctured lung, this guy is the coach, quarterback and wide receiver out there."

"Romo hands the ball to Felix Jones" (second announcer interjects) "I'll tell you, that's amazing how he did that, shows the physical toughness and raw talent this guy has to hand the ball off like that."

(Romo throws the ball to the Redskins) "That was a very smart throw he made, shows how tough this guy is with his cracked ribs."

Every friggin' play, :blahblah: Romo's cracked ribs :blahblah:

Wish the announcers would've invited him up to the booth and made sweet love to him after the game. :rolleyes:

Ever had a cracked rib?

You ever served in an infantry unit, son?

Ever served in a forward area?

Ever put your life in another man's hands, ask him to put his life in yours?

We follow the playbook, son. We follow the playbook or people die. It's that simple. Are we clear?

Are we clear?

:tap:

Romo has been sleeping in a CHAIR the last week. He deserves ALL the Brokeback Cowboy credit for that win and then some.

And that is coming from a life long Cowboy hater.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Ever had a cracked rib?

You ever served in an infantry unit, son?

Ever served in a forward area?

Ever put your life in another man's hands, ask him to put his life in yours?

We follow the playbook, son. We follow the playbook or people die. It's that simple. Are we clear?

Are we clear?

:tap:

Romo has been sleeping in a CHAIR the last week. He deserves ALL the Brokeback Cowboy credit for that win and then some.

And that is coming from a life long Cowboy hater.

:lol:

I'm not saying it wasn't tough. But if you watched ESPN last night, you would've been under the impression that Romo stormed the beaches of Normandy, alone, with only a slingshot and a can of SPAM.

Pete

Repete

I'm not saying it wasn't tough. But if you watched ESPN last night, you would've been under the impression that Romo stormed the beaches of Normandy, alone, with only a slingshot and a can of SPAM.

What he did in football parlance was just that. He had recievers who had no clue where to go and ran the wrong routes, he had a center who was randomly shooting him the ball, a withering pass rush, made a couple spectacular plays all with a cracked rib, intense pain and a national media who was just waiting for him to do anything close to choking.

Besides it's not that much different than the deep throat you use to give your NASCAR/liberal commentator love of the month until your recent turn where you hate and ##### about everyone and everything.

Coventry17

I am curious why some of those snaps it seems everyone else went with the snap...except Romo. Or is that just me?

The center in the shotgun offense snaps the ball on cadence. Generally, the offensive line goes on the snap of the ball, especially when the building is so loud. The Redskins defensive line was barking out cadence and Costa being inexperienced got duped. The refs didn't hear it because the stadium was rocking. Several Cowboys offensive linemen commented on it. No excuse for Costa; being a former Terrapin, I suspect he grew up a Redskins fan and was secretly trying to throw the game their way. He was the best player Washington had on the field, for the most part.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The center in the shotgun offense snaps the ball on cadence. Generally, the offensive line goes on the snap of the ball, especially when the building is so loud. The Redskins defensive line was barking out cadence and Costa being inexperienced got duped. The refs didn't hear it because the stadium was rocking. Several Cowboys offensive linemen commented on it. No excuse for Costa; being a former Terrapin, I suspect he grew up a Redskins fan and was secretly trying to throw the game their way. He was the best player Washington had on the field, for the most part.

OK but, on several of them, it looked to me like the line moved together. Did the Skins dupe them all???