Redskins v. Lions...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...what a mess.

When your veterans make bonehead plays at really bad times, when you decide to pull your qb because he still doesn't really know the plays (and keeps throwing into triple coverage) it's probably going to be a bad day. Add in some wretched calls and non calls by refs who seemed to be of a mind that it is good to keep the crowd happy and you've definitely got a bad day on your hands.

London Fletcher deserves, yet again, to be a pro bowler.

Albert seems to be of a mind to at least enjoy himself once in awhile if he's stuck here anyway.

The O line is still thin and average, at best.

We still are about two wide-outs short from being considered an above average offense.

Brandon Banks is just fun to watch.

And we're probably going to be fun to watch as a team the rest of the season. If you like tension in your football.

:lol:

RedBaron

Bird of Prey
...what a mess.

When your veterans make bonehead plays at really bad times, when you decide to pull your qb because he still doesn't really know the plays (and keeps throwing into triple coverage) it's probably going to be a bad day. Add in some wretched calls and non calls by refs who seemed to be of a mind that it is good to keep the crowd happy and you've definitely got a bad day on your hands.

Albert seems to be of a mind to at least enjoy himself once in awhile if he's stuck here anyway.

The O line is still thin and average, at best.

We still are about two wide-outs short from being considered an above average offense.

Brandon Banks is just fun to watch.

And we're probably going to be fun to watch as a team the rest of the season. If you like tension in your football.

Pretty much sums it up! :buddies:

T

toppick08

Love it when Skin's fans talk about "home cookin"....humble pie is almost ready......:lol:

Oh well, there's always next week...:yay:....Hope the best for y'all for the rest of the season.

bluewater

Love it when Skin's fans talk about "home cookin"....humble pie is almost ready......:lol:

Oh well, there's always next week...:yay:....Hope the best for y'all for the rest of the season.

####ahan should be fired for pulling McNabb. What an ahole move. He is a power hungry little hittler just like Snyder. They deserve each other. Good luck selling and tickets next year Danny Boy!

T

toppick08

####ahan should be fired for pulling McNabb. What an ahole move. He is a power hungry little hittler just like Snyder. They deserve each other. Good luck selling and tickets next year Danny Boy!

The coach runs the show...McNabb needed to be pulled and like it....but this is from an Iggles fan...:lol:

:howdy:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
...what a mess.

When your veterans make bonehead plays at really bad times, when you decide to pull your qb because he still doesn't really know the plays (and keeps throwing into triple coverage) it's probably going to be a bad day. Add in some wretched calls and non calls by refs who seemed to be of a mind that it is good to keep the crowd happy and you've definitely got a bad day on your hands. :yay:

Albert seems to be of a mind to at least enjoy himself once in awhile if he's stuck here anyway. Hopefully he can keep this up.

The O line is still thin and average, at best. Average is mighty generous.

We still are about two wide-outs short from being considered an above average offense. Moss is available :sarcasm:

Brandon Banks is just fun to watch. WR

I'm definitely NOT a fan of our "pass defense" (I use that term very loosely). Case in point: Detroit is on the 3 or 4 yard line, D. Hall is 2 yds deep in the end zone "covering" C. Johnson. We all know how this ends ...

Skins have the ball, FOX has a split screen up with Kyle Shanahan on one half, Donny Mc on the other. The play goes in and the 'Skins line up, Kyle looks at the formation, gets a WTF! look and the play ends up being a draw for a 5 yard loss. It's pretty obvious that McNabb is not comfortable in this system, BUT if Haslett can alter how Haynesworth is utilized then this offense can be tweaked to work for the offensive players we currently have.

My biggest gripe is something that Future HOF'er Kurt Warner said about Kyle's pass reads, deep to shallow vs. shallow to deep. This O line vs. Detroit's D line negating the deep ball most of the day BUT one play that does stick is the deep over throw of Galloway on 3rd and 10. Cooley was standing all alone 12-13 yds downfield and never got a look from #5. I have no idea why they would pull McNabb, it's not like that's the 1st time it's happened. :sarcasm:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm definitely NOT a fan of our "pass defense" (I use that term very loosely). Case in point: Detroit is on the 3 or 4 yard line, D. Hall is 2 yds deep in the end zone "covering" C. Johnson. We all know how this ends ...

Skins have the ball, FOX has a split screen up with Kyle Shanahan on one half, Donny Mc on the other. The play goes in and the 'Skins line up, Kyle looks at the formation, gets a WTF! look and the play ends up being a draw for a 5 yard loss. It's pretty obvious that McNabb is not comfortable in this system, BUT if Haslett can alter how Haynesworth is utilized then this offense can be tweaked to work for the offensive players we currently have.

My biggest gripe is something that Future HOF'er Kurt Warner said about Kyle's pass reads, deep to shallow vs. shallow to deep. This O line vs. Detroit's D line negating the deep ball most of the day BUT one play that does stick is the deep over throw of Galloway on 3rd and 10. Cooley was standing all alone 12-13 yds downfield and never got a look from #5. I have no idea why they would pull McNabb, it's not like that's the 1st time it's happened. :sarcasm:

Hey, we're a better team than last year, a good bit better, because of the new coaching staff and the addition of #5. I mean, who else have we added? Trent? A few pieces on D? :shrug:

It's just a tough, tough thing to do, winning in the NFL, and the difference between winning 24-21 and losing 21-24 is awfully small. Every game for us this year has been entertaining as hell, to me, and that's all I can really ask for in this day and age in the NFL.

We're not going to be the Steelers or Pats or Ravens or any other of the small handful of consistently good teams so, this is our lot.

So, I'll just enjoy our weekly nail biter, the absolute unhinging in Dallas and whatever great matchup of the week that is on and count myself happier than last year and look forward to next as, probably, another 8-8 year that could be 6-10 or 10-6 in DC and see if we can get lucky a few times and try to not think about New England having two #1's, two #2's and two #3's next years draft. :jameo:

:buddies:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Hey, we're a better team than last year, a good bit better, because of the new coaching staff and the addition of #5. I mean, who else have we added? Trent? A few pieces on D? :shrug:

It's just a tough, tough thing to do, winning in the NFL, and the difference between winning 24-21 and losing 21-24 is awfully small. Every game for us this year has been entertaining as hell, to me, and that's all I can really ask for in this day and age in the NFL.

We're not going to be the Steelers or Pats or Ravens or any other of the small handful of consistently good teams so, this is our lot.

So, I'll just enjoy our weekly nail biter, the absolute unhinging in Dallas and whatever great matchup of the week that is on and count myself happier than last year and look forward to next as, probably, another 8-8 year that could be 6-10 or 10-6 in DC and see if we can get lucky a few times and try to not think about New England having two #1's, two #2's and two #3's next years draft. :jameo:

I called 8-8 for this year and I stand by it. I'd like to see a "good, convincing" win or two this season but I'd be happy with a squeaker IF all 3 components are playing well. I'm figuring 2, maybe 3 more years of dealing with "the mess we inherited" and there should be a very good product on the field.

The guys on one of the Sirius NFL shows said to today that Dallas has thrown in the towel for the season. SWEEP?

Last edited:

Ponytail

The coach runs the show...McNabb needed to be pulled and like it....but this is from an Iggles fan...:lol:

:howdy:

The look on McNabbs face was priceless...but yet somehow very familiar. :roflmao: And he's ranked 3 behind Cambell. :lmao: All that for $15 million a year. What a bargain. :lol:

Peter Forsberg

Ok I'm going to rant. To all the sportcasters and sports people that said the Philadelphia Eagles made the dumbest move in sports history to trade Mcnabb inside the division.... Where are they now? I watched the game and alot of this being blamed on Mcnabb is unfair. Washgintons O-line is terrible. Andy Reid deserves a cookie... I didn't say he needed one.. I'm done just like the Cowboys!

PsyOps

Pixelated

I don't know, but this decision has Snyder written all over it.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Ok I'm going to rant. To all the sportcasters and sports people that said the Philadelphia Eagles made the dumbest move in sports history to trade Mcnabb inside the division.... Where are they now? I watched the game and alot of this being blamed on Mcnabb is unfair. Washgintons O-line is terrible. Andy Reid deserves a cookie... I didn't say he needed one.. I'm done just like the Cowboys!

Mcnabb is good for a year or two of "ok" leadership and will never win a championship. He is still better than what you have in Philly, I seen it a few weeks ago.......

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid

How much you make a year?, I'm willing to bet that much, that the Skins DO NOT have this problem. to your: "little hittler" comment... Is that you Jerrah?? How's that new stadium working out for you this year?

The Iggles are where they are always, a better than average, not great team. But I will take MC5 for a year or 2 over what we have had here for the last 10 years :yay:

I don't know, but this decision has Snyder written all over it.

Wow, the man has done nothing all year, signed checks like everyone asked for... An the first time someone is pulled, he gets blamed... sounds a little childish to me... If you don't like Dan, thats fine, but seriously... When what-all was going on with Fat Al (not playing, etc), how many times did you blame Danny for that this year? Or was that just Shanny being a hard leader, setting an example?

I hope you are joking? I think Vick look pretty damn good until he got hurt.

Vick looks good when he's VICK, not when he's trying to be the Iggles 'system qb'. How many yards does he have on the 'designed run plays'... Like 10 :shrug:

Peter Forsberg

It's always easy on the couch.