Redskins v. Lions...

PsyOps

Pixelated
Wow, the man has done nothing all year, signed checks like everyone asked for... An the first time someone is pulled, he gets blamed... sounds a little childish to me... If you don't like Dan, thats fine, but seriously... When what-all was going on with Fat Al (not playing, etc), how many times did you blame Danny for that this year? Or was that just Shanny being a hard leader, setting an example?

Snyder's track record speaks for itself. Plenty of evidence of his meddling on the field. This wasn't just "someone" that got pulled. Pulling McNabb in the last 1.5 minutes made no sense at all. I just don’t see Shanahan making such stupid decision on his own.

"Fat Al" was a mistake from day one. I had plenty to say about his lackluster performance, absenteeism, and bloated salary. Snyder, in his typical over ambitiousness to purchase a winning team, failed here as well as in keeping the beat up dinosaur called Portis. Then there is his record-breaking hiring and firing coaches. Geez, I could go on and on.

I don’t like Snyder on so many levels; but the biggest being his smack in the face to the man that made the Redskins great: Jack Kent Cooke. He’s a spoiled fatcat that believes money will rule the day. He’s screwed this team that I love into the ground. But don’t ask me, ask the tens of thousands that joined a special group aimed at getting rid of Snottie. Redskin Fans Against Dan Snyder (RFADS) | Facebook

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
It's always easy on the couch.

just making observations. :shrug: I can't help it if you can't see the game as opposed to watching it. The scary thing is this; if I can see and make note of the tendencies of this team then you know damned well that opposing players and coaches can.

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Pulling McNabb in the last 1.5 minutes made no sense at all. I just don’t see Shanahan making such stupid decision on his own.
Perhaps. However, McNabb hasn't played particularly well in the last few games, on third downs and in the 4th quarter. Couple that with the fact that he's been hampered with injuries.

We can all slight Shanny now because we have the hindsight. Truth is, McNabb wouldn't have won us that game and likely would have been lambasted more this week. The Redskins have an average run offensive line but horrible pass offensive line. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning couldn't muster a comeback behind that masterpiece.

I applaud Shanny for actually having the balls to make such a decision. He was trying to win, despite the odds either way.

Peter Forsberg

Perhaps. However, McNabb hasn't played particularly well in the last few games, on third downs and in the 4th quarter. Couple that with the fact that he's been hampered with injuries.

We can all slight Shanny now because we have the hindsight. Truth is, McNabb wouldn't have won us that game and likely would have been lambasted more this week. The Redskins have an average run offensive line but horrible pass offensive line. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning couldn't muster a comeback behind that masterpiece.

I applaud Shanny for actually having the balls to make such a decision. He was trying to win, despite the odds either way.
-------> "The Redskins have an average run offensive line but horrible pass offensive line". Right on I said the samething in a previous post but isn't it always the QB's fault? :buddies:

BuddyLee

Football addict
-------> "The Redskins have an average run offensive line but horrible pass offensive line". Right on I said the samething in a previous post but isn't it always the QB's fault? :buddies:
The buck stops here.

The QB always gets the blame first. If it turns into enough blame, it begins to seep through to the head coach.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

That's an opinion, not 'the truth'. :buddies:

Shanahan might have done better simply saying 5 was struggling and banged up and he was getting killed out there and he, coach, felt he could lose him for the season and thought a fresh Rex might be a wise move at that point, that it was a move to preserve McNabb.

To say he didn't know the plays and was out of shape were, true or not, the last things he should have said.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Pull Nabby in the 4th quarter. Pull him with 5 minutes left. Put Rex in at the beginning of the second half. But the last minute and a half? The work needed was not in the QB, it was in the O line. McNabb was getting no protection all day and it played out in the first play that Grossman took the snap.

I likely missed it, but has Shanahan given a good explanation as to why he did this? I mean, please tell me when you were watching at that moment you weren't saying "WTF is he thinking?"

ducksndeer

Optimism

Being a Lion's fan, there's very few things that make me happy or optimistic. Playing Washington is top on the list!:killingme

BuddyLee

Football addict
I likely missed it, but has Shanahan given a good explanation as to why he did this? I mean, please tell me when you were watching at that moment you weren't saying "WTF is he thinking?"
The entire game was a "WTF were they thinking".

Dumbest move of the game, not nearly.

The coaching staff was said to have contemplated benching him for this game to get McNabb healthy again. However, McNabb assured them he was good.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The entire game was a "WTF were they thinking".

Dumbest move of the game, not nearly.

The coaching staff was said to have contemplated benching him for this game to get McNabb healthy again. However, McNabb assured them he was good.

Actually, under the circumstances McNabb wasn't doing all that bad. What should have been replaced was the O line. Perhaps you'd enlighten me on the dumbest move. Well, except - perhaps - getting on the field in the first place. The game was so backwards that Haynesworth was about the only one performing.

Pulling McNabb in the last 1.5 minutes was so stupid, the only logical person that could have come up with such a stupid move was Snyder.

MrSnyder

the only logical person that could have come up with such a stupid move was Snyder.

I don't think you have the first clue about the logistics involved in preparing a move like that as an owner. I can remember when Jarrah brought in Jimmah and all the talk was about he had found a lackey to run the team as he wished. blah blah blah

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't think you have the first clue about the logistics involved in preparing a move like that as an owner. I can remember when Jarrah brought in Jimmah and all the talk was about he had found a lackey to run the team as he wished. blah blah blah

Speaking of which, what's Barry Switzer doing these days? Can't we bring him in for a look see?

PsyOps

Pixelated

You see, I don't have the first clue about the logistics in making stupid decisions. I'll leave that to the experts like Snottie. :lol:

We agree. :buddies:

BuddyLee

Football addict
No, really... how could you possibly know considering he was being chased or sacked most the time?
If he's your best QB, clearly injured, getting sacked nearly everytime you're dropping back and have literally no chance of winning, you won't try and shake things up?

What's disrespectful wasn't taking McLovin' out of the game, it was leaving him in the game for further punishment.:lmao: