Redskins vs. Synder vs. Gibbs

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Larry Gude said:
So, it's all about Brunnel at this point. Can he come up with 2 TD drives a week and set up a field goal or two? We can't possibly keep givinh up cheap TD's like we've been.

Next: Packers, Lions, Bengals. That HAS to be 3-0 to make us 5-4.

Then: Eagles, Steelers, Giants, Eagles. Gotta be 3-1, (8-5)

Finsh: 9'ers, Boys, Vikes. 2-1

How's 10-6 sound?

I'm as much of a homer as you are Larry - but here's the reality check.

Next: Brett Favre - Maybe, Lions - Maybe, Bengals - Maybe - but Marvin Lewis will pick this offense apart without changes before then. I'd be happy if they got 2 of those games, but then, they could come away with 2 losses.

Then: Eagles twice, Steelers and Giants - I'd be happy with a split, but they could very easily lose all of these games.

Finish: Vikes are a loss, Cowboys a maybe, and the 49'ers hopefully a win. I'd be happy if they win one of these.

My crystal ball says 7 wins, 9 losses.

Brunell probably isn't the answer. I remember him as a pro-bowl quarterback, who took an expansion franchise on his shoulders, and they went to the playoffs. What we have on the field isn't the same guy.

Ramsey definitely should be trade bait in the offseason. I think he was doing Gibbs a favor when he made a trade demand in the offseason. Gibbs didn't take him up on it. Hindsight is 20/20.

We fans need patience with Joe Gibbs, and I think he needs another year to make more personnel changes. Then, we may see a winning season followed by Post-Season play.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Oz said:
I'm as much of a homer as you are Larry - but here's the reality check.

Next: Brett Favre - Maybe, Lions - Maybe, Bengals - Maybe - but Marvin Lewis will pick this offense apart without changes before then. I'd be happy if they got 2 of those games, but then, they could come away with 2 losses.

Then: Eagles twice, Steelers and Giants - I'd be happy with a split, but they could very easily lose all of these games.

Finish: Vikes are a loss, Cowboys a maybe, and the 49'ers hopefully a win. I'd be happy if they win one of these.

My crystal ball says 7 wins, 9 losses.

Brunell probably isn't the answer. I remember him as a pro-bowl quarterback, who took an expansion franchise on his shoulders, and they went to the playoffs. What we have on the field isn't the same guy.

Ramsey definitely should be trade bait in the offseason. I think he was doing Gibbs a favor when he made a trade demand in the offseason. Gibbs didn't take him up on it. Hindsight is 20/20.

We fans need patience with Joe Gibbs, and I think he needs another year to make more personnel changes. Then, we may see a winning season followed by Post-Season play.
Ahh, Grasshopper..........., your crystal ball seems to be much clearer than the clouded orb of opaque form of rock that apprentice-master Gude is gazing at.

May you grow wiser in wisdom in the days to come..Ah So.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

...two things OZ:

#1:
I'm as much of a homer as you are

That's not possible. Realistic people are NOT 'homers'.

#2:

I don't care what Lewis picks apart. Based on our defense alone we should be 6-0, easy. Nobody, NOBODY gives up 4 TD's on turnovers in 6 games. Farve won't finish the game. The Bengals and Lions will NOT score.

Brunnel is not to far removed from solid past performance. In JAX, he was let loose; make something happen. Now, he's trying to learn to eat the ball or throw it away. I'm looking for him to come out of the bye more comfortable and a bit more in snyc with the WR's.

Portis is in the same boat; he ran behind smaller, quicker linemen in Denver and he was suppossed to find the hole' right now'. The Gibbs/Bugal scheme has always been about letting the play develop. He, Clinton, is showing signs of getting it and he ain't gonna fumble again the rest of the year.

Given what little we need to do right on offense and that the scoring turnovers against us simply can't go on, bad luck, forever, getting enough points to beat good to poor teams should happen.

The Steelers have NO chance nor do the Giants. The Eagles, as good as they are on offense, are weak on D and are not gonna light us up like they do everybody else especially if Daniels, LaVarr and Barrow healthy. The D has NOT played it's best ball yet!

We'll KILL the 49ers, possibly the worst teams in the league, exact revenge against the vile foe in big D and the Vikes, like the Eagles, gotta show me before I give them anything.

If I'm wrong, Ramsey will be starting before long and we'll see.

3 issues: Brunnels comfort level, Portis' comfort level and right tackle.

Portis is coming around, trouble at tackle has to be planned for and that leaves Mark.

Time to step up. Hell, time to handle the snap from center.

As far as crystal balls, this team, again, could be an easy 5-1 or 6-0.

Look at the Giants; odd things happen in the NFL!

:duel: