Redskins!!!

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
And my Pats won again! :yahoo: 2 TD's in under a minute!!:dude:

Although I'm tired of them almost getting beat by teams with not so hot records or going down to seconds in the game to win. My BP can’t take much more of it! :killingme

Redskins who???

Last edited:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
And my Pats won again! :yahoo:

Although I'm tired of them almost getting beat by teams with not so hot records or going down to seconds in the game to win. My BP can’t take much more of it! :killingme

Redskins who???

I like the Pats and Brady, also but they really teed me off yesterday. They have sucked offensively in the 1st half the past three games.

The Clowns allowed Brady 10 fantasy points in 30 seconds at the end, probably costing me my fantasy playoff game this weekend to my daughter in law. Those points, and my Gronk getting knocked out of the game in the 3rd quarter, are probably my death knell, ending my quest for a threepeat championship.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Was at the race but I saw pictures before and during the game on Twitter. They should move that team to Los Angeles. Way to support your team, DC.

And don't blame the weather because Baltimore and Philadelphia had solid crowds.

DipStick

I feel bad for Redskins fans. It's almost as if Daniel Snyder was bullied as a kid in some suburban DC area and bought the team and turned it in to the worst in the NFL out of revenge.

What a ####show.

Washington's best option is to trade Kirk Cousins for a draft pick. Maybe Jacksonville will go for it since the Jags have overachieved and played themselves out of a top pick.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I feel bad for Redskins fans. It's almost as if Daniel Snyder was bullied as a kid in some suburban DC area and bought the team and turned it in to the worst in the NFL out of revenge.

What a ####show.

Washington's best option is to trade Kirk Cousins for a draft pick. Maybe Jacksonville will go for it since the Jags have overachieved and played themselves out of a top pick.

See, it's all a matter of perspective. Snyder is a promotional guy so, he sees winning through that lens. Does he want to win football games? Of course but, only as a result of splash and sizzle. He's not a steak guy. So, Bruce Smith, Dion, Spurrier, Gibbs II, his tiff with Marty, Portis, Shanahan, and, for damn sure, RGIII, gets notice and sells tickets and gets the team on MNF.

I mean, teams turn around all the time so, it's not hard to see him simply believing that a winning record and a shot at the playoffs most years can't be that hard. The fact that a 6-10 team went to 10-6 and a division title in one season doesn't help dissuade him from that belief.

The fact is, winning in the NFL is damn hard. Winning consistently is REALLY hard. The constant upheaval around here, the buddy buddy with stars, the constant coach changes, trading away picks, all the things Snyder enjoys about being an owner, makes it impossible to be a consistent winner.

I mean, right now, Shanahan is done. Snyder is trying to find some way to get through three games and not have all three be a debacle. Can he fire him now? I don't think so but, man, the team is done with this. So, at Falcons is going to be brutal, Dallas here, they may well need to win and Giants here in the Toilet Bowl to end the misery. Then, what?

I am guessing John Gruden is trying to figure out if he can turn down $10 mil a year.

DipStick

See, it's all a matter of perspective. Snyder is a promotional guy so, he sees winning through that lens. Does he want to win football games? Of course but, only as a result of splash and sizzle. He's not a steak guy. So, Bruce Smith, Dion, Spurrier, Gibbs II, his tiff with Marty, Portis, Shanahan, and, for damn sure, RGIII, gets notice and sells tickets and gets the team on MNF.

I mean, teams turn around all the time so, it's not hard to see him simply believing that a winning record and a shot at the playoffs most years can't be that hard. The fact that a 6-10 team went to 10-6 and a division title in one season doesn't help dissuade him from that belief.

The fact is, winning in the NFL is damn hard. Winning consistently is REALLY hard. The constant upheaval around here, the buddy buddy with stars, the constant coach changes, trading away picks, all the things Snyder enjoys about being an owner, makes it impossible to be a consistent winner.

I mean, right now, Shanahan is done. Snyder is trying to find some way to get through three games and not have all three be a debacle. Can he fire him now? I don't think so but, man, the team is done with this. So, at Falcons is going to be brutal, Dallas here, they may well need to win and Giants here in the Toilet Bowl to end the misery. Then, what?

I am guessing John Gruden is trying to figure out if he can turn down $10 mil a year.

I love how much things can change in just one season in the NFL. Several weeks ago, the Eagles were falling apart and everyone thought they were done for. Last year, people thought the Redskins would continue to improve and they fell apart this year. Houston and Atlanta have just been dreadful. Kansas has three straight wins after being undefeated on most of the season. Jacksonville goes from being the worst team in the NFL to being a surprisingly good team that's now won four of the last five games. The Ravens have had their woes as have the 49ers. It's all up in the air now and nobody knows how the playoffs will go, not to mention next season.

I love football. :buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Shanahan says "So, you ready to fire me now?"

Mike Shanahan of Washington Redskins might sit Robert Griffin III for rest of year - ESPN

Shanahan said Monday that he was thinking about sitting Griffin for the rest of the season because of concern that the quarterback could be injured.

Mike gets $7 mil for free for next year if he gets fired. Nothing if he quits. Snyder is pouring over the contract trying to find a breach.

Shanahan can just keep saying the right things; "It's my fault the players weren't ready..." the rest of the season. He can, plausibly, sit RGIII to protect him. The players, because they still wanna paycheck, will continue to support the coaches because they know...it's not their fault. You turn on the coaches, who you gonna play for next year? Washington and ONLY Washington. You support the coaches, you can play for anyone BUT Washington. By my math, that's 31:1 in favor of not climbing in Snyders limo.

In the meant time, does Snyder really think the $7 mil is worth the embarrassment of the next three weeks? Let alone this entire off season? Let alone NEXT year???

Who is next in this soap opera? Griffins college coach? No one could keep a straight face for that. What next, Roberts spiritual adviser? His high school coach? His dad running the show?

Snyder has, three times, after Robiskie, after Spurrier and after Zorn, was stuck trying to just regain credibility. He's fired Turner. He's fired Shottenheimer who, he, Snyder, recently said, would still be here if, essentially, he'd have let Dan play with his toy. What more, really, is there to say? He's about to fire Shanahan.

What now? Any established coach is going to have to seriously weigh being the next answer to a bad joke vs. simply waiting for another franchise, ANY franchise, to pick them up. Is it really worth a few million more to join our circus? To be subordinate to the owners pals on the team? The kids dad?

Really?

First and foremost, the team needs a name change so we can end this constant defamation of a once proud tradition. From there, then, we can all simply sit back and relax and enjoy the show.

:buddies: