Registration for every election

SamSpade

Sorry - but I’ve actually ALWAYS thought that’s the way it should be. You want to vote, go register. And again, next election.

I belong to or HAVE belonged to organizations where if you don’t resubmit your membership - you’re not in. If I don’t resubmit my fsafeds app every year - I don’t get it. When my kids were in Scouts or school sports - without the physical signed by the doctor - they can’t play. And THAT happened.

Voting is damned important.

I just read in swing states - people are getting apps for ballots for dead relatives. Not vote registration. BALLOTS.

I think the way we make it more honest - you have to register every time. If you don’t, be ready next time.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Make it like a vehicle. Not annually but say every 4 years.

The technology exists today to make this real easy to do.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Annual at the post office, EVERYBODY buys stamps at least once a year.
I would be willing to make a special trip. I can't remember the last time I used a postage stamp. I think a forever stamp was $.27 when I did. I only use USPS if there's no other choice.

"**** 'em and feed 'em beans!" ~Gumby

Tech

Valid Maryland Real ID. Have proven name , birthplace, DOB, and address. Vote in person during a subscribed time period, no absentee battots. Real ID photo can be relayed to the election person working at check in. Timely voter roll updates from the MVA, post office, and the SSA death index.

Last edited:

SamSpade

None of you understand. Black and brown people have no way to do that.
The inability to do something as simple as taking the time to register to vote or acquire ID - - -

Is not differentiated along RACIAL LINES. You don't suddenly become unable to do something because of skin color.

SamSpade

It's not a bad idea, but it's never going to happen.
Elsewhere, I saw people suggest that if you do NOT vote for two cycles, you should be dropped. I sort of like that at least as much.

It does however, just mean that if someone is voting FOR their disabled relative or dead grandma, they just have to work a little harder to keep voting.

Hijinx

Elsewhere, I saw people suggest that if you do NOT vote for two cycles, you should be dropped. I sort of like that at least as much.

It does however, just mean that if someone is voting FOR their disabled relative or dead grandma, they just have to work a little harder to keep voting.
We would be stupid to believe that ballots coming from nursing homes were actually filled in by the resident.
Probably one in ten an actual legitimate vote.

SamSpade

We would be stupid to believe that ballots coming from nursing homes were actually filled in by the resident.
Probably one in ten an actual legitimate vote.
THIS is part of the reason I believe Trump - AND Republicans - must try and slam dunk these events. Win them by several touchdowns. GO INTO blue areas, and win over a fraction of them, if not more of them. STOP shrugging and taking the wins you can - - -

I do think that the next wave of GOP leaders MIGHT have the balls to do this. Otherwise, I think Trump might be a dying breed.

OccamsRazor

Not really agreeing with this one. Kinda like saying "If you don't get qualified and purchase a handgun by your 20th birthday, you lose your 2nd amendment right."

SamSpade

Not really agreeing with this one. Kinda like saying "If you don't get qualified and purchase a handgun by your 20th birthday, you lose your 2nd amendment right."
I am sure you can come up with a better analogy - removing a name from registered voters list in no way removes your right to vote.

It just means you have to re-register, just the same as you would if you moved to another state or district.

At least a small part of why they have to purge voter rolls is - under the way they normally do things, the system they have is obviously unreliable.

If you have "voters" who moved away more than a year ago - or voters who have been dead for years - and so on - your built-in oversite mechanisms basically suck. There would be ZERO need to do what many states are doing - purging rolls.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Valid Maryland Real ID. Have proven name , birthplace, DOB, and address. Vote in person during a subscribed time period, no absentee battots. Real ID photo can be relayed to the election person working at check in. Timely voter roll updates from the MVA, post office, and the SSA death index.

It's literally that simple, but the corrupt elites hire bots to flood social media with doom goblin posts about how married women will no longer be allowed to vote because the name on their driver's license isn't the same as the one on their birth certificate. And dumbasses adopt it as a mantra.

:dork:

OccamsRazor

I am sure you can come up with a better analogy - removing a name from registered voters list in no way removes your right to vote.

It just means you have to re-register, just the same as you would if you moved to another state or district.

At least a small part of why they have to purge voter rolls is - under the way they normally do things, the system they have is obviously unreliable.

If you have "voters" who moved away more than a year ago - or voters who have been dead for years - and so on - your built-in oversite mechanisms basically suck. There would be ZERO need to do what many states are doing - purging rolls.
My mistake. I mis-read your post to say "If you do not register, you do not get to vote." Now I see you just meant you get dropped from the registry rolls. :buddies:

SamSpade

My mistake. I mis-read your post to say "If you do not register, you do not get to vote." Now I see you just meant you get dropped from the registry rolls. :buddies:
Well, you still can't vote THAT cycle - or thereafter - unless you register, but it's not onerous, and it's the way we've done things - well I think for generations.

I just think it's fair to force you to re-register. We do it for lesser things all the time. It mostly eliminated the need to purge rolls.

Tech

It's literally that simple, but the corrupt elites hire bots to flood social media with doom goblin posts about how married women will no longer be allowed to vote because the name on their driver's license isn't the same as the one on their birth certificate. And dumbasses adopt it as a mantra.

:dork:
Don't know the answer, when you try to update to Real ID and you're a Mrs but no marriage certificate does it revert back to the Miss name?

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Don't know the answer, when you try to update to Real ID and you're a Mrs but no marriage certificate does it revert back to the Miss name?
Dont' they use the every popular Mizz designation?