Renewing my vows...what to wear

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
We've decided that for our 10yr anniv. hubby and I are going to renew our vows. We'll be doing it at our house, on a Sat. 5:30 p.m. (beginning of Sept.). We're telling our guests not to dress up, there will be a cookout after. We may dress a little nicer for the "I Do's" but will be changing afterwards. Hubby's torn between nice pants, shirt and tie, or earth tone suit. I, of course, have no clue. I don't want (or have) a lot of money for the outfit. The only dresses I own are black, a red halter and a brown fitted number. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

getbent said:
We've decided that for our 10yr anniv. hubby and I are going to renew our vows. We'll be doing it at our house, on a Sat. 5:30 p.m. (beginning of Sept.). We're telling our guests not to dress up, there will be a cookout after. We may dress a little nicer for the "I Do's" but will be changing afterwards. Hubby's torn between nice pants, shirt and tie, or earth tone suit. I, of course, have no clue. I don't want (or have) a lot of money for the outfit. The only dresses I own are black, a red halter and a brown fitted number. Any suggestions?? Thanks.
JC Penny's had a ton of fancy dresses on sale last Friday. Swing in and see if they have something that suits your mood for the occasion.

J

jp2854

I was in JCPenny today and they still have a ton of stuff on sale.

redhead77

kwillia said:
JC Penny's had a ton of fancy dresses on sale last Friday. Swing in and see if they have something that suits your mood for the occasion.

They also normally have great sales on their suit separates. You may be able to find something there, a great skirt of pair of slacks to wear with a nice blouse.

Good Luck. :flowers:

ServiceGuy

getbent said:

JMO, but I would go for the "Fitted number" :yay:

but I have a question? Did the old one wear out? :popcorn:

:killingme :killingme :killingme

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I went to JC Penny's at lunch. They had a lot of cute stuff, most of the stuff I liked was black or blk and white. Didn't think that would be appropriate, lol. I tried on a couple of white/off white numbers. Nothing yelled buy me with those ones.

As for the bikini, I do have a white one with multi colored hearts, hmmmm...lol

ServiceGuy

getbent said:
I went to JC Penny's at lunch. They had a lot of cute stuff, most of the stuff I liked was black or blk and white. Didn't think that would be appropriate, lol. I tried on a couple of white/off white numbers. Nothing yelled buy me with those ones.

As for the bikini, I do have a white one with multi colored hearts, hmmmm...lol

is it to late to change my vote???
if not make it the bikini no one will care what color it is

jenbengen

Watch it
getbent said:

Hubby and I are about to do the same thing for our 10 year. I imagined myself getting a long feminine dress but definitely not super fancy. I think white would be nice and simple, but I'm not sure how easy that will be to find right now. So I'm voting for a long dress that is super flattering yet simple in a lighter color. Is that boring? LOL

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
jenbengen said:
Hubby and I are about to do the same thing for our 10 year. I imagined myself getting a long feminine dress but definitely not super fancy. I think white would be nice and simple, but I'm not sure how easy that will be to find right now. So I'm voting for a long dress that is super flattering yet simple in a lighter color. Is that boring? LOL

I've been checking out longer lengths as well as mid-calf ones. I thought maybe a champagne color but most of the ones I like are $100 or so. I've checked all my usual places on line, Vic Secrets, Fred. of Hollyw'd, Macy's, JCPennys, etc. Maybe I'll have to start checking other peoples closets, lol.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Nanny Pam said:
:lol:

Raincheck. Having meatloaf and ketchup for dinner tonight.

Check your calendar....I would like to make reservations with you for dinner

Say........Mid September??????