Renewing my vows...what to wear

bcp

In My Opinion
getbent said:
We've decided that for our 10yr anniv. hubby and I are going to renew our vows. We'll be doing it at our house, on a Sat. 5:30 p.m. (beginning of Sept.). We're telling our guests not to dress up, there will be a cookout after. We may dress a little nicer for the "I Do's" but will be changing afterwards. Hubby's torn between nice pants, shirt and tie, or earth tone suit. I, of course, have no clue. I don't want (or have) a lot of money for the outfit. The only dresses I own are black, a red halter and a brown fitted number. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

him suit and coat with hat
you nekked

problem solved.

will you be posting pictures for those of us not invited or unable to attend?

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
First wedding dress--would still fit, but damn that thing was heavy and hot, lol.

Nekked pics--I'm sure if we went that route someone from my neighborhood would certainly post them b4 I did, lol.

Fashion Bug--that's on my to do list. Maybe tomorrow at lunch.

Damn!! Why am I so indecisive, lol. Or maybe picky is a better word.

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
getbent said:
First <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=wedding%20dress" onmouseover="window.status='wedding dress'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">wedding dress</a>--would still fit, but damn that thing was heavy and hot, lol.

Nekked pics--I'm sure if we went that route someone from my neighborhood would certainly post them b4 I did, lol.

Fashion Bug--that's on my to do list. Maybe tomorrow at lunch.

Damn!! Why am I so indecisive, lol. Or maybe picky is a better word.

You're being picky because it is an important occasion!! Try to go for something that will look good in pictures, (and if you ask me black and white is super classy and if you like a b&w outfit that looks good on you I say go for it) and not outshine the hubby too much.. I would suggest a knee length skirt and sleeveless shirt with a light jacket as an option. Pics with or without the jacket. Then you can just get rid of the jacket for the after bbq
Ross is cheap and has a huge selection.. You just have to make sure you have the time to sift through all of the racks. Gluck !

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
getbent said:
I do like the one from Davids Bridal. They have one in Waldorf. I should call to see if they have that dress. Hard for me to get to Baltimore.
That is a very pretty one :yay: I would possibly get something with a bit of color to accecorise(sp?).

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Davids Bridal in Waldorf doesn't have it in white or champagne. They'd have to order it, :(. If hubby's wearing a suit and tie in earth tone colors, do you think I should try to color co-ordinate with him or does it really matter? I think I'm gonna try to go to the bridal shops and see if they have anything on clearance.

ServiceGuy

getbent said:
I've been checking out longer lengths as well as mid-calf ones. I thought maybe a champagne color but most of the ones I like are $100 or so. I've checked all my usual places on line, Vic Secrets, Fred. of Hollyw'd, Macy's, JCPennys, etc. Maybe I'll have to start checking other peoples closets, lol.

:really: