Reparations Insanity

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Activists demand higher payments from California reparations task force: '$200 million' per person

"You know that the numbers should be equivocal to what an acre was back then. We were given 40, OK? We were given 40 acres. You know what that number is. You keep trying to talk about now, yet you research back to slavery and you say nothing about slavery, nothing," said Pierce. "So, the equivocal number from the 1860s for 40 acres to today is $200 million for each and every African-American."
Pierce, who shouted most of his remarks, then directed his ire to the task force for in his view not pushing an ambitious enough reparations plan.

"You're not supposed to be afraid," he said. "You're just supposed to tell the truth. You're not supposed to be the gatekeepers. You're supposed to say what the people want and hear from the people."

Pierce concluded with a warning to California's top elected official: "Tell Governor Newsom we're coming. He knows me."

Economists predicted in a preliminary estimate in March that California's reparations plan could cost the state more than $800 billion. The task force, which consulted five economists and policy experts to arrive at the number, said at the time that the total didn't include compensation for property that the group says was taken unjustly or for the devaluation of Black-owned businesses.

Send anyone wanting Reparations to Zimbabwe to collect.

Zimbabwe 10, 20, 50, 100 Trillion, 1, 5, 10, 20, 50 Billion Dollar ...

WingsOfGold

I can buy 40 acres for a lot less than 200 Million dollars.
I can buy a whole island for 3 million with 2 nice houses on it, and another house on shore.
BooWoo was talking 1865 money. I suspect one could buy a state for 110000 dollars in 1865

110,000 in 1865 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $2,047,234.97 today, an increase of $1,937,234.97 over 158 years. The dollar had an average inflation rate of 1.87% per year between 1865 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 1,761.12%.
:yahoo:

Clem72

Activists demand higher payments from California reparations task force: '$200 million' per person

"You know that the numbers should be equivocal to what an acre was back then. We were given 40, OK? We were given 40 acres. You know what that number is. You keep trying to talk about now, yet you research back to slavery and you say nothing about slavery, nothing," said Pierce. "So, the equivocal number from the 1860s for 40 acres to today is $200 million for each and every African-American."
Pierce, who shouted most of his remarks, then directed his ire to the task force for in his view not pushing an ambitious enough reparations plan.

"You're not supposed to be afraid," he said. "You're just supposed to tell the truth. You're not supposed to be the gatekeepers. You're supposed to say what the people want and hear from the people."

Pierce concluded with a warning to California's top elected official: "Tell Governor Newsom we're coming. He knows me."

Economists predicted in a preliminary estimate in March that California's reparations plan could cost the state more than $800 billion. The task force, which consulted five economists and policy experts to arrive at the number, said at the time that the total didn't include compensation for property that the group says was taken unjustly or for the devaluation of Black-owned businesses.

Send anyone wanting Reparations to Zimbabwe to collect.

Zimbabwe 10, 20, 50, 100 Trillion, 1, 5, 10, 20, 50 Billion Dollar ...

Got to envy that dude's math skills. So if you follow the logic, his ancestor was supposed to get 40 acres. Somehow white people robbed them of those 40 acres which is why he doesn't have them today.

So rather than what you would expect, that 40 would be divided among the heirs continually over generations or only inherited by one of the children (in either care most descendants would not have 40 acres), he expects every black person alive now should still have 40 acres and therefore should be given the equivalent wealth of 40 acres.

And in 100 more years when it's all gone, every one of them needs to be given 40 acres again......

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Numerous Democrats Join Rep. Cori Bush in Demanding $14 Trillion Reparations

The reparations panel in California is now recommending up to $1.2 million per resident, but Democrat Rep. Cori Bush of Missouri clearly thinks that’s not nearly enough.

She wants a cool $14 trillion in reparations payments. That’s more than half of the U.S. GDP.

ABC News reports:

Rep. Cori Bush says $14 trillion reparations bill will ‘eliminate the racial wealth gap’
For the first time, the extensive history of the enslavement of Africans, post-Jim Crow discrimination and other racially charged subjects has been entered into the congressional record — and repairing the lasting damage these institutions caused will have a hefty price tag, according to one Democratic lawmaker.
In 23-page legislation introduced Thursday, Rep. Cori Bush, D-Mo., called on Congress to adopt several measures aimed at righting historic wrongs, including urging the federal government to issue federal reparations to Black Americans and other reparatory justice efforts. A minimum of $14 trillion would be needed “to eliminate the racial wealth gap that currently exists between Black and White Americans,” the resolution argues.
“The United States has a moral and legal obligation to provide reparations for the enslavement of Africans and its lasting harm on the lives of millions of Black people in the United States,” H.R. 414 declares.

CPUSA

I hope nobody is shocked by this...
I remember hearing that this is EXACTLY what was going to happen, once the ferals were brought inside & we attempted to domesticate them...

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Anyone asking for "reparations" should be given a plane ticket to whatever country their ancestors came from, enough money to purchase 40 acres, and a mule in that country.

Clem72

If America is financially responsible for slavery, wasn't that paid with the civil war? 360k union deaths (if we decide not to count confederates). Shouldn't that be considered worth something? She is counting a wealth gap as evidence of wrongdoing, but clearly there are other wealth gaps. I have much less money than Elon Musk, I say that South African born owners of US tech companies owe reparations to me to close the wealth gap.

Clem72

Anyone asking for "reparations" should be given a plane ticket to whatever country their ancestors came from, enough money to purchase 40 acres, and a mule in that country.
They will always demand
more reparation
Until we have
Some Separation.
Burma Shave.

Hijinx

Well: That is the problem. It's an insane idea of course but even if it would pass the money given to these people would be pissed away and a new generation would be screaming for reparations again.

Think of this as generations. Think of all of the generation in the past who missed out on the big grift. What makes this generation different that they should get paid off and not the generations in the past or the future. By now everyone who has lived through the Obama Hate America regime should realize that no amount of money , no amount of Affirmative Action jobs. no amount of lowered standards to hiring or promotion will ever satisfy these people who demand to be paid off. If someone hasn't figured that out by now he/she is an idiot. Being back is no the yoke that is around the neck of blacks. The yoke around their neck is that they cannot come to realize that education and a work ethic will make them whole. Not a payoff for the labor of their great great grandfathers slavery.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Think of this as generations. Think of all of the generation in the past who missed out on the big grift. What makes this generation different that they should get paid off and not the generations in the past or the future.

A minimum of $14 trillion would be needed “to eliminate the racial wealth gap that currently exists between Black and White Americans,” the resolution argues.

If reparations is truly to make up for the wealth gap, then the solution needs to address this issue.

Here's what I propose happens.

Go ahead and set aside $14 trillion. But a future value $14 trillion. Each eligible person gets a share of a huge certificate of deposit that will mature in 50 years. Figure a return of 8% annually. Then just set aside $260,000,000,000 that in 50 years will equal $14 trillion. This is sort of how the lottery pays out its big winners. You can take a smaller amount now or let it ride and get the bigger amount over a couple of decades. But in the reparations scenario, nobody can take the early payout.

Nobody gets to touch any money before the 50 years has passed. If the person passes away before then, the money goes to their heirs. And the funds get dispersed quarterly over a 40 year period. Taxes are taken out prior to it being given away.

Caucasians didn't accumulate their wealth in a single fell swoop. And it shouldn't be remedied that way either. Long and slow fixes this issue.

I'm sure this solution will be agreeable to the we need to fix the racial weath gap crowd, like the folks in the twitter video. Although the white guy in the back looked like he was blinking TORTURE in morse code.