Report: Verizon to hike Fios termination fee

bcp

In My Opinion
when I had comcast the net would go down anytime it rained, or the wind blew too hard. TV service with them was no better.

Ive had Verizon FIOS now for 4 years? in that time I lost service once. It was during the ice storms a few years back when a tree on my property fell across the lines and took out the fiber,, along with the phone and electric.

it took Verizon a week to get out and run a new line, and as I mentioned, not one moment of interruption since.

Personally, Ill stick with the verizon service.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
And, CableChick, this is a surprise to you....why?
Fiber is the "hot lick". Waayyy faster than coax & copper wire, it even trumps wireless which is the fastest, but the difference is not noticeable to us. Wireless drops calls and has signal break ups (can you hear me now?) but fiber optic service normally does not.
Verizon is going to make a big push in the near future for fiber as it becomes available in each neighborhood. As I said earlier, they're moving toward the elimination of copper lines and they're serious about it. Their intent is to make sure people don't try to go back to copper after switching to fiber. When they get an entire neighborhood on fiber, they will quickly remove the copper lines, the maintenance of them and the associated work force, which equates to stock prices going up.
The problem is that, even though fiber costs less to maintain and operate, they will charge more because they can. (Remember $1,000 VCR's when they came out? Same thing).

Mdbluecrab4

I'm not worried about their cancellation fee as I'm totally satisfied with FIOS. It's a lot cheaper cost wise, more channels to choose from, more HD channels and the picture quality is unbeatable.
Comcast is like a 3rd world country compared to FIOS. Not even close.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I'm not worried about their cancellation fee as I'm totally satisfied with FIOS. It's a lot cheaper cost wise, more channels to choose from, more HD channels and the picture quality is unbeatable.
Comcast is like a 3rd world country compared to FIOS. Not even close.

If Comcast is like a 3rd world country than what is Metrocast? :confused: