Reporter's ??

willie

Helen Thomas behaves like the fanatics on the DU forum. She takes liberalism and disrespect for the Presidency to the extreme.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Helen Thomas is just beyond belief. If I were Bush, I'd completely ignore her and not take her ignorant questions.

But the rest of it was good - factual, informative, good questions from several of the reporters. :yay:

J

JPC, Sr.

The Truth Shall Set Us All Free.

willie said:
Helen Thomas behaves like the fanatics on the DU forum. She takes liberalism and disrespect for the Presidency to the extreme.
:bigwhoop: The BBC yesterday reported that Bush and company knew that it would give the Pres a chance to look tough in front of a hostile audience, thus if any one noticed they put gullible Helen right up front and middle for her first press conference in three years. The whole thing was staged by G.W.

:wench: ------------------------------- :whistle:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
JPC said:
The BBC yesterday reported that Bush and company knew that it would give the Pres a chance to look tough in front of a hostile audience, thus if any one noticed they put gullible Helen right up front and middle for her first press conference in three years. The whole thing was staged by G.W.
Now I know you have lost your ever-loving mind. Helen Thomas is legend and if you don't know who she is, please say so and quit making stuff up so that those of us who DO know who she is think you're a loon.

TIA and have a nice day. :rolleyes:

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:
Now I know you have lost your ever-loving mind. Helen Thomas is legend and if you don't know who she is, please say so and quit making stuff up so that those of us who DO know who she is think you're a loon.

I don't know (or care) who she is, but JPC is definitely a loon.

willie

I remember my liberal democrat father reading her column in the Evening Star and saying she was a commie pinko.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Attachments

• HelenThomas.jpg
    HelenThomas.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 86

ylexot

Super Genius
I believe that front center seat has been filled by her for three years (at least). However, Bush doesn't call on her because he knows that she is extremely slanted left. JPC, you're an idiot.

bigluke

I thought that her whole notion that war with Iraq was premeditated prior to 911 was a joke. I'm not the biggest fan of Bush, but I thought he handled it pretty well.

SamSpade

She's not a 'reporter' - she's a columnist. She writes opinion pieces rather than the news, or even reasoned analysis of the news. Slate even went so far to say, her opinion column is so poorly written, only a few papers carry it - it might as well be the Huffington Post.

When someone goes on record as claiming that you're the worst President in the history of the country - why give them a chance to say a damned thing? She doesn't "ask" questions, she makes speeches.

Clinton spoiled her - always gave her the first question. She got to end every press conference with a public "Thank you, Mr. President". In return, she gave fawning, fluff question to Clinton, as opposed to the tough, truculent kind Presidents prior to that were accustomed.

You know, it's not as though the entire Washington press corps always gives Bush a free pass - but why give this woman a soapbox?

J

JPC, Sr.

vraiblonde said:

:coffee: The fact that Helen is a "legend" was the whole point that the Bush news conference knew that and took advantage of the gullible old woman to make the Pres look tough in front of a hostile audiance.

Here is a link to show the "legend" that everybody knows about Helen Thomas.

Plus I posted that I heard the info on the BBC World News on PBS at 6pm on Baltimore WETA 26 (channel 03 cable SMC) so the rest of the world knows it was a set up to make the Pres look big and to make Helen the fall guy but the USA News does not report such things.

:wench: --------------------------------- :howdy:

ylexot

Super Genius
JPC said:
:coffee: The fact that Helen is a "legend" was the whole point that the Bush news conference knew that and took advantage of the gullible old woman to make the Pres look tough in front of a hostile audiance.

Plus I posted that I heard the info on the BBC World News on PBS at 6pm on Baltimore WETA 26 (channel 03 cable SMC) so the rest of the world knows it was a set up to make the Pres look big and to make Helen the fall guy but the USA News does not report such things.

Well duh! And it has been reported in the USA News. I saw analysts saying the same thing many times on the evil :)sarcasm:) Fox News. However, your statement:
JPC said:
they put gullible Helen right up front and middle for her first press conference in three years
...is completely and utterly false. She has been there (and uncalled on) for the past three years (plus many more). They did not "put" her there and it was not her "first press conference in three years". The only "staging" was that he actually called on her. OMG, Bush is an evil genius! :jameo: :sarcasm:

ylexot

Super Genius
BTW, here's a quote for you JPC from your own link:
When Fleischer changed the seating chart in the briefing room last year, he could have exiled Thomas to the back row. Instead, he kept her down front

D

dems4me

JPC said:

I apologize if this is :offtopic: but I never see you online when I'm online and I wanted to ask you.... I'm working on a painting, I've done the background in oils, havn't gotten to it in a while and it has dried, well, I've changed my mind now and would like to continue working on this painting in acrylic instead. Will this painting come out ok?
Thanks! :smile:

J

JPC, Sr.

ylexot said:
Well duh! And it has been reported in the USA News. I saw analysts saying the same thing many times on the evil :)sarcasm:) Fox News. However, your statement:
...is completely and utterly false. She has been there (and uncalled on) for the past three years (plus many more). They did not "put" her there and it was not her "first press conference in three years". The only "staging" was that he actually called on her. OMG, Bush is an evil genius! :jameo: :sarcasm:
:coffee: Well sure, I could have been mistaken that she was at the News Conferences and the Pres just ignored her for three years. That is close enough and it still does not change the point because I was not at any of the News conferences and I only heard about the set-up for Helen on the BBC.

:wench: ---------------------------- :bigwhoop:

MMDad

Lem Putt
dems4me said:
I apologize if this is :offtopic: but I never see you online when I'm online and I wanted to ask you.... I'm working on a painting, I've done the background in oils, havn't gotten to it in a while and it has dried, well, I've changed my mind now and would like to continue working on this painting in acrylic instead. Will this painting come out ok?
Thanks! :smile:
:lmao: :killingme :lmao: