Reporting horse neglect

Josimmon

Winn Dixie said:
I'm afraid I'm with Bob on this one. I don't think he's saying it's wrong to seek the advice or to report it, what he's saying is wrong is that people will jump in like gangbusters to pat the person reporting animal neglect on the back but will attack them concerning child neglect report. Why? For the same reasons more research should go into either suspicion. A skinny horse does not mean a neglected horse anymore than a skinny child means child neglect, it could be an older horse who may just be ribby or hippy. And, after the recent rains, I'm sure you can go through the tri counties and find more than one pony up to it's knees in the mud. Unfortunately, not everyone has stalls to put them in until their pasture or paddocks dry. The point is, caution should be used and questions should be asked before anyone is reported for abuse or neglect. Bob, if I've misunderstood and/or mistated your concerns, I sincerely apologize. However, I do emphasize.

I agree, more people need to step in and help kids who are being abused as well as spousal abuse and animal abuse. Yes people tend to get nasty if you stick your neck out on here...but I had to do something.

The situation I saw was worse then I posted. I see many a skinny horse and muddy areas all over these counties. But this was worse and felt that I should not post anymore information then I did. Because you are right, they may need help caring for them.

mingiz

Horse Poor
mygoldnhorse said:
NO..... I do not find anything wrong in asking for assistance/opinions on any subject in which someone is concerned.

But, it what you are saying is true about someone reporting possible child neglect.....I find it very sad to think that person would be told to butt out or to mind their own business. I love my horses, dogs, cat & pig and would never neglect them..... but they do not come close to being compared to my children. Too many people walk around like this :lalala:, and we wonder why this world has become so corrupted?

:yeahthat:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Josimmon said:
Can someone tell me who I can call and report neglect of horses and ponies? Yes, I have reported it to the police (Calvert) and they were sending animal control over today but I was hoping to do more. Other then HorseNet and Days End Farm is there anything local they may send out rescue people? Horses are way too boney, ponies are in very small pens with mud and yuck that they are standing in, did not see any hay around and empty water buckets. It broke my heart so I need to do more. Any suggestions?

Kudos to you for reporting it. I hope they get to a better place. :flowers: :yay:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Josimmon said:
I agree, more people need to step in and help kids who are being abused as well as spousal abuse and animal abuse. Yes people tend to get nasty if you stick your neck out on here...but I had to do something.

The situation I saw was worse then I posted. I see many a skinny horse and muddy areas all over these counties. But this was worse and felt that I should not post anymore information then I did. Because you are right, they may need help caring for them.

Have you heard anything back over this situation? There is a local rescue, I believe the name is Freedom Hill in Sunderland.

Josimmon

SouthernMdRocks said:
Have you heard anything back over this situation? There is a local rescue, I believe the name is Freedom Hill in Sunderland.

I contacted Snowflake who contacted Freedom Hill...but nothing new yet. I will post if / when I here something.