Republican House Take Over

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Marjorie Taylor Greene Set To Make Comeback With New Committee Assignments

The House GOP Steering Committee voted on Tuesday to give Greene a seat on the House Homeland Security Committee, which has oversight of the Homeland Security Department, as well as on the powerful House Oversight Committee, according to The Hill.

The GOP steering panel of around 30 members also elected to return Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ), who was censured and lost his committee assignments over a controversial video he shared on social media, to his former perch on the House Natural Resources Committee and Oversight Committee.

These assignments still need to be approved by the entire House GOP conference. CNN’s Melanie Zanona stressed the conference typically approves steering committee recommendations. If confirmed to the Oversight Committee, Greene and Gosar will join Chairman James Comer (R-KY), who has begun inquiries in various controversies surrounding President Joe Biden.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Unlike Omar or Swalwell, however, the worst offender isn’t a radical or fabulist or a person professionally unfit for the job. It’s a person who blatantly breaks his oath of office. It is basically a constitutional imperative to deny the corrupt Adam Schiff any power.

In a recent installment of “Twitter Files,” we learned from Matt Taibbi that Schiff’s office had demanded the social media platform ban users who mocked him and censor journalists like Paul Sperry, who they claimed were “repeatedly” promoting “false QAnon conspiracies” and allegedly harassing users.

Schiff’s efforts are a textbook example of how ginned-up scaremongering over “disinformation” is weaponized by politicians to quash free expression. Schiff was likely targeting Sperry for a RealClearInvestigations piece unmasking the alleged “whistleblower” behind Donald Trump’s first impeachment efforts. Sperry’s story was legitimate and ethical — much like the Hunter Biden scoop that was censored over bogus “disinformation” fears. Nothing Sperry wrote had anything to do with Qanon.

Yet, the chair of the powerful House Intelligence Committee felt perfectly comfortable demanding that a private, ostensibly independent platform censor a journalist over speech. Which probably shouldn’t be surprising in an environment where senators like Ben Cardin, purportedly a graduate of law school, feel comfortable arguing that the First Amendment doesn’t protect “hate” speech and Davos participants deem “disinformation” the “most existential” threat to society. The establishment, as it were, rejects the neutral conception of free expression. And that spells trouble.

Hijinx

It's too bad he cannot toss Schiff out of the Congress completely.
Schiff is a danger to our country. Look at how he interfered with Donald trump in that Russian hoax, that he knew all along was false. A person like that does not belong in Government.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Kevin McCarthy Tells Hakeem Jeffries What He Can Do With His Intel Committee Demands

As RedState reported on Monday, Kevin McCarthy was left at a crossroads after Hakeem Jeffries attempted to reappoint Eric Swalwell and Adam Schiff to the House Intelligence Committee. In a brazen letter, Jeffries demanded Swalwell and Schiff be reinstated, appealing to the very House tradition of minority deference Democrats had thoroughly shredded during the prior congress.

The minority leader also tried to draw a distinction between the behavior of Marjorie Taylor Greene and Swalwell and Schiff. What he didn’t mention is that the actions of the two California Democrats in question were far more dangerous and egregious. In Swalwell’s case, he’s been credibly accused of having an affair with a Chinese spy.

Now, McCarthy has responded to Jeffries with a simple answer: Pound sand.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Democrats Schiff and Swalwell Get Formally Blocked From Intelligence Committee

McCarthy tweeted out the letter he sent to Jeffries. While his letter did acknowledge "I appreciate the loyalty you have to your Democratic colleagues, and I acknowledge your efforts to have two Members of Congress reinstated to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence," McCarthy nevertheless reminds Jeffries that allowing Schiff and Swalwell to serve on the committee is something he cannot do.

"But I cannot put partisan loyalty ahead of national security, and I cannot simply recognize years of serve as the sole criteria for membership on this essential committee. Integrity matters more," the letter continued with original emphasis.

As Punchbowl News mentioned in its Monday morning newsletter sharing Jeffries' letter about the committees, Schiff is one of the longest-serving members during its 45-year history. He has served as the committee's chairman and was looking to be its ranking member.

Towards the closing of his letter, McCarthy also warns of his assessment "that the misuse of this panel during the 116th and 117th Congresses severely undermined the primary national security and oversight missions--ultimately leaving our nation less safe." McCarthy closes by mentioning his commitment to "returning the Intelligence Committee to one of genuine honesty and credibility that regains theorist of the American people."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“What did Adam Schiff do as the chairman of the Intel committee? What Adam Schiff did is use his power at the chairman and lied to the American public,” McCarthy began. “When Devon Nunes put out a memo, he [Schiff] said it was false. When we had a laptop, he [Schiff] used it before the election to be politics and say that it was false, he said it was the Russians when he knew different,” he said.

“If you talked to John Radcliffe, DNI, he came out ahead of time and said there’s no Intel to prove that, and he used his position as chairman knowing he has information the rest America does not, and lied to the American public. When a whistleblower came forward he said he did not know the individual even though his staff had met with him and set it up. So no, he does not have a right to sit on that, but I will not be like Democrats and play politics with these…where they remove Republicans from committees and all committee’s. So yes, he can serve on a committee, but he will not serve on intel because it goes to the national security of America and I will always put them first,” he concluded.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Kinnakeet

1) forming a committee to explore competition with China is more blah blah. The fox guarding the hen house.

2) Yay! More bullshit committees! THAT is real work right there, forming committees. That's absolutely what I look at when voting for representation - will this guy form committees? 🤔

3) You all can apologize for jumping my ass when I told you that Crenshaw was a POS.

4) Swallowell should have been removed from office, at the very least, when it was discovered he'd been ****ing a Chinese spy.

5) Omar should have never been on any committee. She shouldn't even be in Congress, she should be back in Somalia where she belongs.

6) Impeachments aren't worth a hill of sh*t. Impeachment schmeachment. Unless the perp is removed from office, it's just political wankery.

7) I want my retirement money back.

8) I want the prices of necessities to go back to what they were 2 years ago.

9) I want that ****ing border CLOSED and I want all the druggies executed.

10) I want things that affect me and my life, not political garbage that has nothing to do with me or my quality of life.

11) Chips are flying but no wood is getting cut. McCarthy and the rest of these folks are going to have to show me some action, and by action I don't mean forming committees.
They are all full of crap and do nothing but talk crap

Hijinx

If their women aren't around hearing the lamentations of their treacherous cowardly lying pussified men will have to do.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Federalist editor-in-chief Mollie Hemingway gave insight as to why Schiff was dismissed from his role.

“Adam Schiff, who for years falsely claimed to have evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia, and whose office is known for widespread leaking to support such partisan information operations, has been kicked off the Intel Committee,” Hemingway tweeted.

X Strategies LLC Senior Digital Strategist Greg Price served no sympathy for the Democrat either.

"You went on TV for two years and said that you had personally seen evidence of Trump colluding with Russia while being told in closed-door hearings by intel officials that there was no evidence of it,” Price tweeted, adding “you should resign in disgrace."

The Federalist CEO Sean Davis called Schiff a “lying, leaking clown.”

Other Twitter users took Schiff's tweet as an opportunity to take aim at him.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Kevin McCarthy snaps at reporter after pulling Dems, keeping George Santos on committees

“You said that lying to us is something that means you should be removed from the Intel Committee. But why is it not a factor [for Santos]?” PBS reporter Lisa Desjardins asked.

“Well, let me be very—” McCarthy began.

“He’s gotten elected by his district, so–” the speaker tried again, before the PBS reporter demanded he “answer my question.”

McCarthy bristled, saying: “Let me be very clear and respectful to you. You ask me a question. When I answer it, it’s the answer to your question. You don’t get to determine whether I answer a question or not, OK? In all respect. Thank you.”

The tussle followed McCarthy’s official rejection of Reps. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) and Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) from the high-profile committee that is regularly briefed on America’s secrets, in which the speaker cited security and honesty concerns with both Democratic lawmakers.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Schiff, Swalwell, Omar Falsely Claim McCarthy Cut Deal to Remove Them from Certain Committees During Speaker’s Race

CLAIM: Reps. Adam Schiff (D-CA), Eric Swalwell (D-CA), and Ilhan Omar (D-MN) claimed that Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) removed them from certain committee assignments as a result of a deal with fellow Republicans during the speakership race.

VERDICT: FALSE. McCarthy directed a letter to Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) on Tuesday, reaffirming that he was “rejecting” Schiff and Swalwell’s appointments to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI). The congressmen from California released a joint statement with Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN), who McCarthy has said should not serve in the Foreign Affairs Committee. The trio falsely claimed that McCarthy “struck a corrupt bargain in his desperate, and nearly failed, attempt to win the Speakership, a bargain that required political vengeance against the three of us,” as Politico reported.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Former CIA Director Accuses Schiff Of Leaking Classified Information

“During my time as CIA director and secretary of state, I know that he leaked classified information that had been provided to him,” Pompeo said on Fox News on Wednesday.

Pompeo did not offer specifics, but he insisted the problem was bad enough to restrict what he shared with Congress.

Underscoring what a serious charge that is, “Outnumbered” co-host Emily Compagno pressed Pompeo on why there hasn’t been accountability if such leaks would be “a felony at minimum, up to treason.”

“It’s a complicated process, right? It’s difficult to pin down precisely what happened,” Pompeo said. “But I could tell you that when we provided information to him and to his staff, it ended up in places it shouldn’t have been with alarming regularity. We could see it. In the end, I decided, I held back information from them as a result.”

GregV814

1) forming a committee to explore competition with China is more blah blah. The fox guarding the hen house.

2) Yay! More bullshit committees! THAT is real work right there, forming committees. That's absolutely what I look at when voting for representation - will this guy form committees? 🤔

3) You all can apologize for jumping my ass when I told you that Crenshaw was a POS.

4) Swallowell should have been removed from office, at the very least, when it was discovered he'd been ****ing a Chinese spy.

5) Omar should have never been on any committee. She shouldn't even be in Congress, she should be back in Somalia where she belongs.

6) Impeachments aren't worth a hill of sh*t. Impeachment schmeachment. Unless the perp is removed from office, it's just political wankery.

7) I want my retirement money back.

8) I want the prices of necessities to go back to what they were 2 years ago.

9) I want that ****ing border CLOSED and I want all the druggies executed.

10) I want things that affect me and my life, not political garbage that has nothing to do with me or my quality of life.

11) Chips are flying but no wood is getting cut. McCarthy and the rest of these folks are going to have to show me some action, and by action I don't mean forming committees.
there is an old saying, that old people say, I'll say it again........"The best way to ruin an idea is to send it to a committee."