Respiratory Illness

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
HELLO!!! Wonder when hey plan on letting the public in on the answer?

They're still doing an autopsy. They don't really know what it is, how it happened or what can cure it. The CDC has also been made aware.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
ugh. this makes me worry about my tiny baby waaaaaaaaayyyy more than myself. I probably won't sleep for the next week watching her so close.

From Calvert Health department:

Calvert County Health Department

Good link...:yay:

This is a case of an elderly woman living in a rural setting in the Lusby area. She became sick on or about February 23, 2012, with upper respiratory symptoms, at her home. She was cared for at home by three of her children, a son and two daughters. They developed similar upper respiratory symptoms on or about February 28, 2012. They were all hospitalized and became critically ill and two have subsequently died. One caregiver is currently at the Washington Hospital Center. This appears to be confined to a single family and there is no reason to believe, at this time, that others have been infected with this illness.

4ps

4 Adults died in same house

Ok, so we know it was the southern end of the county. hmmm??

I just got off the phone with the Health Dept. since this is in my area and obviously I wanted to know if these were children. They were all adults from the same house. They are going to Blast Fax all the Dr offices, to keep an eye out for the symptoms, but really it started as just respiratory Flu like symptoms, which could even look like allergies. The testing was done on the house and sent out to state. Autopsy results are pending. The lady on the phone happens to live in the CRE and said they are trying to inform everyone after all the results come in,it will be in the newspapers tomorrow, but it could very well be something in the house. Obviously, we parents panic, but we should just keep an eye out for more news. God Bless the family. It sounds like it was fast. I pray for the survivor...

Mama_Mia08

We just watched Contagion 5 days ago.....:barf:

That's the movie I thought of too. Just about every illness out there starts with flu like symptoms. I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't a tiny bit alarmed though since I had the flu last week and can't seem to get rid of the cold and sore throat. I feel so bad for that family and hope they find out soon what made them sick.

Agilemom

I'm fairly new here and from Maine (at least for the last 32 years of my 33). I love that you mentioned Stephen King. :)

The opening scene from The Stand.... playing in my head.

Agilemom

Of course I do! :) We rented in CRE to decide if we liked the area: jobs, schools etc.

So far since we moved: an earthquake, hurricane, and a minor pandemic. Maybe it's time to go back to whence I came! Haha!

PrepH4U

Of course I do! :) We rented in CRE to decide if we liked the area: jobs, schools etc.

So far since we moved: an earthquake, hurricane, and a minor pandemic. Maybe it's time to go back to whence I came! Haha!

You forgot the tornado that hit during the week of the earthquake. :whistle:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Phones at the dr office is blowing up over this.... they have no further info
And this woman sitting next to me keeps coughing... think im gonna shove a bag over her head.

Vigilance

I just received a short "Robo Call" from the Calvert school systems regarding the same topic. Evidently there is some significant concern about this topic. I have never received a call like this before ...

As for Tuberculosis thought ... not likely. That is a much longer process and is bacterial (would have easily been detected by blood work and a chest x-ray). That is readily treatable albeit lengthy process.

Vigilance friends!