Restaurant inspections

royhobie

hobieflyer
Longhorn's history

Sort of a spin off of the bad restaurant thread...

I've been sorely unimpressed with the restaurants in the area since we moved to 'Dorf. And the service even more so, but I'm getting used to it.

Which leads to my real question. If the service staff is so terrible, are the restaurants really clean? I wonder how much effort is put into cleaning the restaurant. We ate at Longhorn a few months ago and when I went to the ladies room, there was not a single bit of toilet paper in any stalls except the handicap stall and that particular stall had an overflowing toilet with a small swamp on the floor...and the trashcan was overflowing to the point the entire floor was ankle high with garbage. To make matters worse, employees were using that restroom and doing nothing about the situation.

Why does MD not post inspection results online? Is there anywhere they can be found? I would love to see how many critical violations a restaurant has before I go eat there. Any thoughts?

Whenever I've gone to Longhorn they have the saddle that you ride on your birthday blocking the fire exit. Since this happens so often, the Fire Marshal investigated. However, they must have called first because they claim they never saw the saddle there. A week or two later when I returned, it was right back to the same spot.