Return Of The Mask!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Suit seeks to overturn renewed Philadelphia mask mandate

Philadelphia first major US city to reinstate indoor mask mandate

PHILADELPHIA — Several businesses and residents have filed suit in state court in Pennsylvania seeking to overturn Philadelphia's renewed indoor mask mandate scheduled to be enforced beginning Monday in an effort to halt a surge in COVID-19 infections.

The lawsuit, filed in Commonwealth Court on Saturday, said Philadelphia lacks the authority to impose such a mandate.

Philadelphia this week became the first major U.S. city to reinstate its indoor mask mandate after reporting a sharp increase in coronavirus infections, with the city’s top health official saying she wanted to forestall a potential new wave driven by an omicron subvariant.

Attorney Thomas W. King III, who was among those involved in last year's successful challenge to the statewide mask mandate in schools, said the city's emergency order went against recommendations of the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and "imposed a renegade standard unfound anywhere else in the world."

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
US colleges reinstate mask requirements, but expert says 'the time for mask mandates is gone'

Georgetown, Columbia, Johns Hopkins among universities with new mask rules

Several colleges and universities across the nation are reinstating mask mandates amid a "significant increase" in COVID-19 cases on campus, but one expert thinks the mandates are unnecessary.

Georgetown University, Rice University, Columbia University, Johns Hopkins University and American University have all reinstated mask mandates across campus.

An announcement to the campus community on April 6 by Georgetown University states a "significant increase" in COVID-19 cases is forcing the university to reinstate the indoor mask requirement.

"We are taking these steps in response to a significant increase in COVID-19 cases on the Main Campus and Medical Center campuses this week, particularly among undergraduate students," the announcement states. "This increase is partly due to the impact of the BA.2 omicron subvariant. BA.2 is now the dominant strain in the United States, including in DC and on our campuses. While recent studies show that BA.2 does not cause more severe illness than the initial omicron variant, they also show that BA.2 is even more transmissible."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Case Numbers is a bullshit metric and all ways has been ...

How many are seriously hospitalized FOR COVID not people that happen to be in the hospital for SOMETHING ELSE
How many are DYING FROM COVID ... Not just covid infected dying from something else

TPD

the poor dad
On a slightly different note - my favorite doctor is not going away anytime soon.

This is from Delegate Matt Morgan:

HB 609 - Local Health Officers - Removal - Grounds and Process

Provisions in the bill essentially designate the local jurisdiction's health officer as a lifetime appointment. This bill makes it nearly impossible to fire or replace a local health officer. Even with the election of a new commissioner's board or a new county executive, the health officer for each jurisdiction will carry over. Health care officers now enjoy the status of a Supreme Court Justice, and it is a life appointment. This lays the groundwork for politically appointed health officers to have almost unlimited power, similar to what we witnessed during the COVID-19 pandemic. I voted NO, but unfortunately, the bill passed.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

On a slightly different note - my favorite doctor is not going away anytime soon.

This is from Delegate Matt Morgan:

HB 609 - Local Health Officers - Removal - Grounds and Process

Provisions in the bill essentially designate the local jurisdiction's health officer as a lifetime appointment. This bill makes it nearly impossible to fire or replace a local health officer. Even with the election of a new commissioner's board or a new county executive, the health officer for each jurisdiction will carry over. Health care officers now enjoy the status of a Supreme Court Justice, and it is a life appointment. This lays the groundwork for politically appointed health officers to have almost unlimited power, similar to what we witnessed during the COVID-19 pandemic. I voted NO, but unfortunately, the bill passed.
Doesn't really matter since the only power she has is what is granted. When the commissioners sit as the Board of Health, they can override, vote against, any policy she comes up with. If they only had the balls to do so.

TPD

the poor dad
If I may ...

Doesn't really matter since the only power she has is what is granted. When the commissioners sit as the Board of Health, they can override, vote against, any policy she comes up with. If they only had the balls to do so.
Eggzachary! Our commissioners have let us down. I think we need a whole new crop of them when elections roll around in November.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Eggzachary! Our commissioners have let us down. I think we need a whole new crop of them when elections roll around in November.
I am guessing you are running as an independent since you missed the filing deadline for the Primary?