Rev. George Docherty; Urged 'Under God' in Pledge

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I never said "god did something wrong"

Where do you even see that?

also, good job completely avoiding the question -again-
You inferrences always stand out in your statements. You think because some men killed other men that they're all evil and God is too for allowing it. I've listened to you for too long to miss that one ole buddy. :howdy:
Our country survived, and thrived, for almost 200 years before the addition of a couple of words, to a pledge created in 1892. To believe they are necessary or needed for our country, makes no sense.
Pledge was enacted 1892, and the addition to the pledge was 62 years later. The country was fine up until that point, and as a matter of fact the country survived and dominated in 2 major and a couple of minor wars without them.
It never hurts to acknowledge our God in everything. Sure the country was fine without those words but adding them sure didn't hurt because (like it or not) it was God who got them through those wars and the depression.
Now today is a different story. People use the word God everywhere and yet we are FAR from a godly nation anymore. Because of the growing acceptance of false gods, which pisses off the real God, we have opened up ourselves to His wrath and we will soon see that He is real and ain't going to allow you all to "play" that way much longer.
How can a "nation under God" survive when people want all semblances of Him removed even at Christmas!!!??? He will protect his own but the rest will get what they asked for. (Notice I said what they asked for)? Be very scared America.........

Xaquin44

You inferrences always stand out in your statements. You think because some men killed other men that they're all evil and God is too for allowing it. I've listened to you for too long to miss that one ole buddy. :howdy:

you are extremely misinformed.

also, wrong.

Xaquin44

It never hurts to acknowledge our God in everything. Sure the country was fine without those words but adding them sure didn't hurt because (like it or not) it was God who got them through those wars and the depression.

Especially the ones they started out of greed?

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
=)

I'm fine with people believing. I just don't like it when they shoehorn their beliefs into things that affect me (i.e. government).

I'm really curious as to why people think this country was founded "under god" seeing as how the first thing we did upon arrival was kill everyone and steal all their land (I'm pretty sure the bible is clear on the merits of those two actions)

Also, I enjoy interweb debate hehe

edit: Xaqueen

ahaha

Which psalm covers petty insults?

Jesus was all "Judas? ..... MOAR LIEK JUDASS LOL"

edit II: god, that lime looks terrible

too bad I'm too lazy to change it =(

What a nice shade of green! God Bless You!