Revelation 10 Eat It!

seekeroftruth

Revelation 10:8 Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me once more: “Go, take the scroll that lies open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land.”

9 So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, “Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but ‘in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey.’[a]” 10 I took the little scroll from the angel’s hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour. 11 Then I was told, “You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, languages and kings.”​

a. Revelation 10:9 Ezek. 3:3

You know... I know John could see what was in the little scroll... it was laying open.... but could he understand it?

If he could understand it.... is the message what sours his stomach? Is the mystery something that is easy to say but hard to swallow?

He has to prophesy about many peoples, nations, languages, and kings.... so not everyone has been told.... yet....

This is from amazingdiscoveries.org.

This message was to be “in thy mouth sweet as honey” but in “thy belly bitter.” In the early 1800s there were many honest and godly Bible students around the world who, independent of one another, were convicted that Jesus would soon return. Many of them saw in the prophecy of the 2,300 years of Daniel 8:14 a prediction that Christ would come very soon to cleanse the earth by fire. Most believed that it would be soon time in the early to mid-1800s. The most influential of these groups, led by William Miller, determined that 1844 was the correct year. However, they misunderstood the event prophesied to take place at the end of the 2,300 years. They had the misconception that the sanctuary to be cleansed represented the earth. This message of Christ’s soon return, to end all sorrow and pain, was “sweet” in their mouths. When he did not return at the appointed time they experienced a “bitter” disappointment, similar to what the disciples went through when Christ’s death shattered their beliefs that He would set up an earthly empire. Luke 24:13-27.

The sanctuary to be cleansed in Daniel 8:14 is not the earth, nor is it the earthly sanctuary—which became unnecessary when Christ died once for all (Hebrews 7:27; 8:9) and which no longer exists. It is the heavenly sanctuary that is to be cleansed, referring to the time when Christ enters the Most Holy Place of the heavenly sanctuary, to begin the Judgment. Right now we are living in that awesome Day of Judgment, but those whose lives are being changed through the love of Jesus have nothing to fear, for Jesus is their Advocate.

Ok... I have no idea what that means.

This is from discoverrevelation.com.

The act of eating the book (scroll), symbolizes the absorbing and assimilating God's Holy Word, the Bible.

When John consumed the book, the words that were written were sweet as honey (very pleasing).

But for those who would be tormented in hell for the rest of eternity which was about to happen, John then tasted the bitterness as He knew God was about to take back the earth which was rightfully His, and be exalted, honored and glorified as He deserved. John realized the terrible punishment that was about to be given to unrepentant unbelievers and that caused the sweet taste to turn to bitterness.

Revelation 10:11 "And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings."

This verse is a key to the chronology of the Book of Revelation. John is told to “prophesy again” concerning (Greek epi, “about” or “concerning”, not “before”), many “peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings”. The seal and trumpet judgments have brought the chronology close to the end of the Tribulation period and to the return of Christ of the earth. Now John must prophesy through the period a second time, concentrating this time on the major personages and movements of the Tribulation (e.g., Satan, the beasts, the harlot or Babylon system). This duplicated prophecy begins in chapter 12 and culminates in the vial (bowl), judgments, the destruction of the beast, and the return of Christ (chapters 16 to 19).

“Prophesy again”: A call for John to warn men about the bitter judgment in the seventh trumpet and the 7 vials.

John is told he is to prophesy again. How could he prophesy any more than to write the book of Revelation (the gospel of John, and the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd books of John). Millions of people have read this prophecy, so John really did follow these instructions from God. The Bible is the most read book in the world.

This verse is a key to the chronology of the Book of Revelation. John is told to prophesy again concerning many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings. The seal and trumpet judgments have brought the chronology close to the end of the Tribulation period and to the return of Christ to the earth (Revelations 11-15).​

Yesterday I was thinking about these Bible Studies. I'm afraid that in my ignorance I might lead someone away from the truth.... it bugs me a lot. Yesterday... I was so worried about someone taking my idea of what the mystery might be as fact that I almost had an anxiety attack! I'm just an old woman with an online Bible and some online commentaries. I don't know what I'm doing or saying.... but at least I'm reading the Bible every day..... :faint:

It's hard knowing that the only way to Salvation is through Christ. It's quite another thing to bring that hard message, honestly and deliberately to others. I don't know how many times I have heard "I'll get to heaven cause I'm good". It hurts my heart and makes my stomach turn.

It's hard not knowing what the secret in that little scroll or little book might be. I think a lot of people are not hearing the gospel because they are being left out. Humans judge other humans and humans decide who would benefit from the Gospel. I heard a preacher say that they would not allow gay people in his church. I wonder.... would he share the gospel with a gay person? If that same preacher would decide that freckles are of the devil and should preclude freckle faced women from salvation... then would he share the gospel with me? The actions of that preacher turn my stomach. Who is he to keep the Gospel from others he deems unfit for heaven? Is that the mystery?

:coffee: