Revolution

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I liked it but I think JJ Abrams is going to over-complicate it and it will go the way of Flash Forward.

C

czygvtwkr

Starts back up on Monday, I like the show as do quite a few of my coworkers.

Toxick

Splat
Anyone catch the premiere last night?

I thought it was pretty good.

They better have a damn good explanation about the last 5-6 seconds. If it turns out to be some fantasy or magical crap, I'm out.

Other than that, not bad at all.

(EDIT: I just now read the date on this... I had thought you meant the Season 2 Premier - so my review, such that it is, is for that).

Last edited:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
They better have a damn good explanation about the last 5-6 seconds. If it turns out to be some fantasy or magical crap, I'm out.

Other than that, not bad at all.

(EDIT: I just now read the date on this... I had thought you meant the Season 2 Premier - so my review, such that it is, is for that).

Nanomites. :coffee:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Anyone catch the premiere last night?

I thought it was pretty good.

I started watching it on Netflix and while that story line isn't bad the premise that all of a sudden you can't generate electricity with a magnet and a coil of wire seems a little to far fetched

glhs837

Power with Control
I started watching it on Netflix and while that story line isn't bad the premise that all of a sudden you can't generate electricity with a magnet and a coil of wire seems a little to far fetched

Well, it does appear the effect is either produced or generated through technology somehow. Like all science fiction, you have to accept the Macguffin or not bother. Scrith? FTL drive? Transporter devices? What I'm having a hard time with is that many damn swordsmen without freaking shields? Want a good "The power goes away" story? Read the "Dies the Fire" series.

C

czygvtwkr

I have a question, when the power came back on briefly what the hell power plant was still turning the turbines to generate power just in case?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What I'm having a hard time with is that many damn swordsmen without freaking shields?

Civil War Troopers had no shields ... know one had shields for ? since Gun Powder really came into general use ...

Muskets ?

Really ... buy the time the civil was came around drawn copper cases were available in rim fire ...

.52 Spencer anyone ?

Also Volcanic Arms ... Henry Yellow Boy

glhs837

Power with Control
Civil War Troopers had no shields ... know one had shields for ? since Gun Powder really came into general use ...

Muskets ?

Really ... buy the time the civil was came around drawn copper cases were available in rim fire ...

.52 Spencer anyone ?

Also Volcanic Arms ... Henry Yellow Boy

Right, but most of those troopers also wouldnt have had a sword in any case, even by then, swords were mostly ceremonial, for Cavalry and officers. In the shows scenario, the only ones with guns are the militia, while everybody else has swords.

Toxick

Splat
Nanomites. :coffee:

Well, I got that.

Spoilers hidden as a courtesy to glhs837.5:

But why just Aaron specifically? Other people are dying left and right - but somehow Aaron is brought back? If there's not a good reason for Aaron - and seemingly ONLY Aaron - to come back it's nothing other than a deus ex machina, and I hate those.

Last edited: