RG3 Benched!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
This move validates Shanahan's opinion, not that it matters anymore.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
RGIII #AnotherHeismanBust But look on the bright side, there's always a shot at congress. #Shuler

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is just a sad but, pretty thought out, read;

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/rg3-robert-griffin-10-possible-destinations/

There are some links IN the story worth pursuing as well if you haven't had your fill of this horror. They cover, in good detail, why RGIII struggles so much and why, seemingly, he's fallen so far after a great '12. He hasn't fallen. That season was simply tailor made for his limited, but explosive, skill set, skills he simply has no longer with the injuries.

The gist is that the only way RGIII is here next year is if someone like SF Harbaugh ends up as the Skins coach which means a whole other horror of yet another coaching fiasco and THAT, I really can't see. Not after one year. Not now.

So, the piece argues for 10 teams that are potential next places for #10 and each and everyone is a sad, sad argument and, at the end, it really makes NO sense for anyone. There simply is no argument to be made that Robert is a good move for anyone. If you accept that he is so fundamentally poor and that another serious injury is very likely and sooner rather than later, it simply makes no sense for anyone to even invest in a year simply because that year could go to some other young kid to see what they have with none of the down side.

This kids career is, basically, over.

RPMDAD

Sadly Larry, i have to agree with you on this one, he could have been a gang buster qb but he is and has been plagued with injuries. I am pretty sure he will never reach his possible full potential. He might be worth picking up as a 2nd or 3rd sting qb but i am starting to think his starter days are over. He was great to watch in 2012.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sadly Larry, i have to agree with you on this one, he could have been a gang buster qb but he is and has been plagued with injuries. I am pretty sure he will never reach his possible full potential. He might be worth picking up as a 2nd or 3rd sting qb but i am starting to think his starter days are over. He was great to watch in 2012.

But, the ONLY way he could have become a solid QB would have been to SIT on someone bench for a few years and learn how to play the position. :shrug:
His skills were weak and playing in the run and gun thing he did in '12 simply ingrained all the bad habits.

And, not to beat this to death, he makes no sense as a back up because his fundamentals are awful. It's one thing to argue someone might take a chance and work with him and hope he doesn't get hurt but, as a back up, not getting the reps in practice, coming in cold with poor fundamentals, it makes no sense. :shrug:

Just sad.

RPMDAD

But, the ONLY way he could have become a solid QB would have been to SIT on someone bench for a few years and learn how to play the position. :shrug:
His skills were weak and playing in the run and gun thing he did in '12 simply ingrained all the bad habits.

And, not to beat this to death, he makes no sense as a back up because his fundamentals are awful. It's one thing to argue someone might take a chance and work with him and hope he doesn't get hurt but, as a back up, not getting the reps in practice, coming in cold with poor fundamentals, it makes no sense. :shrug:

Just sad.

Agree sir.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
He was great to watch in 2012.

A lot of people forget that Alfred Morris gained 1,600+ yards in 2012. The Skins were the #1 ranked rushing team that year. Even Robert had 800+ yards of rushing. The running game opened things up for the passing game.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
A lot of people forget that Alfred Morris gained 1,600+ yards in 2012. The Skins were the #1 ranked rushing team that year. Even Robert had 800+ yards of rushing. The running game opened things up for the passing game.

Yup. It kept defenses totally off balance but, the way Robert ran, it was simply a matter of time before he got hurt. Even if, my some miracle, he doesn't get hurt against the eventual champ Ravens, it would have taken 3 more miracles to get through Seattle, the Falcons and 49'ers to a rematch with the Raven's.

It was a gimmick that can still work from time to time but, it doesn't win Superbowls.

GregV814

I heard some talking head sports guy sum it up pretty well...He said the organization is being run like a business not a sports team. There is quite a contrast even though one can easily assumes they are the same. As well stated by many, Mr. Snyder cant see the differences and continues to think that stuffed shirts can manage some atheletes that probably didnt complete academics.
So, unless he changes his CEO style, the team will suffer.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I heard some talking head sports guy sum it up pretty well...He said the organization is being run like a business not a sports team. There is quite a contrast even though one can easily assumes they are the same. As well stated by many, Mr. Snyder cant see the differences and continues to think that stuffed shirts can manage some atheletes that probably didnt complete academics.
So, unless he changes his CEO style, the team will suffer.

That's a bad analogy. If it was run like a business, the football end would be run separately from the head office and the marketing department and it is not and THAT is the problem. No good business would allow that sort of interference. The Redskins, simply out, are Snyder's toy. It is an NFL team in a great market and it is impossible to not succeed financially which Snyder proves time and again, going on 15 years now. Now product that promises so much and delivers so little could last a year let alone 15 except a pro football franchise, a protected business.

Imagine if Snyder ran MS and made endless promises and all you ever got was the blue screen of death. That is the Redskins but, because the customer base wants it so bad, we keep buying.