Ridge Dog Killer Arrested.....

BernieP

Resident PIA
We don't have a "justice system", it's a legal system. It's to enforce the laws and punish those that our found guilty.
It is inherently "unfair" as the burden of proof is placed on the state. The constitution framed it that way to protect citizens from mod violence, to provide the accused a fair trail.
It's certainly much more equitable than sharia law.

officeguy

We don't have a "justice system", it's a legal system. It's to enforce the laws and punish those that our found guilty.
It is inherently "unfair" as the burden of proof is placed on the state. The constitution framed it that way to protect citizens from mod violence, to provide the accused a fair trail.
It's certainly much more equitable than sharia law.

Still, this turd needs to be locked away for a long time. He managed to skate on killing the dog, I hope he doesn't walk away from the incident with the girl.

black dog

Free America
Still, this turd needs to be locked away for a long time. He managed to skate on killing the dog, I hope he doesn't walk away from the incident with the girl.

How is it he skated on the dog, the dog was shot and killed on his property ..correct ?
That's what can happen when inconsiderate pet owners allow there pets to roam free..
There are folks out the that will retrain aggressive pets not being contained.

officeguy

How is it he skated on the dog, the dog was shot and killed on his property ..correct ?
That's what can happen when inconsiderate pet owners allow there pets to roam free..

Yeah, he had to shoot the dog twice, 20 minutes apart. And then rather than calling the cops about the dog attack he had just experienced, he put a 'trophy shot' on his facebook page.

Look, I have no love lost for pitbulls, but from the evidence presented at the trial, it was clear that he hunted that dog.

As to how he skated ? The same way the other local knuckle-dragger managed to walk away with less than 10 years for lying in wait and killing Moneta Strickland. Our jury pool just isn't that smurt.

black dog

Free America
Yeah, he had to shoot the dog twice, 20 minutes apart. And then rather than calling the cops about the dog attack he had just experienced, he put a 'trophy shot' on his facebook page.

Look, I have no love lost for pitbulls, but from the evidence presented at the trial, it was clear that he hunted that dog.

As to how he skated ? The same way the other local knuckle-dragger managed to walk away with less than 10 years for lying in wait and killing Moneta Strickland. Our jury pool just isn't that smurt.

As tragic as this is, the lesson is keep your pets contained and on your property under control.
The witness was lieing..
The county law is very simple...

UPDATE 8/14/14
Kenneth Woodburn, was found not guilty today by Judge Gary Gasparovic.
Woodburn was represented by Public Defender Gerald Riviello, who stated in closing arguments this was a very tragic case however, Woodburn was justified in killing the dog.
The verdict was given after the State’s witnesses could not prove that Tank was as harmless as they thought he was. The charge of reckless endangerment for shooting towards the direction of a daycare was also a not guilty verdict, after Woodburn’s attorney brought in a diagram showing where the shooting occurred in relation to the daycare.
This case was decided that Tank was running loose without a leash. This is a violation of the St. Mary’s County Animal Control Ordinance. This is the same law that allows anyone to use force if the dog is attacking or aggressive to a person.

mitzi

I think that guy got 30 years.

dawndb

From the latest allegation it was not his property. I do not agree with letting your pet roam free. But really what he did was cruel.

DannyMotorcycle

As tragic as this is, the lesson is keep your pets contained and on your property under control.
The witness was lieing..
The county law is very simple...

UPDATE 8/14/14
Kenneth Woodburn, was found not guilty today by Judge Gary Gasparovic.
Woodburn was represented by Public Defender Gerald Riviello, who stated in closing arguments this was a very tragic case however, Woodburn was justified in killing the dog.
The verdict was given after the State’s witnesses could not prove that Tank was as harmless as they thought he was. The charge of reckless endangerment for shooting towards the direction of a daycare was also a not guilty verdict, after Woodburn’s attorney brought in a diagram showing where the shooting occurred in relation to the daycare.
This case was decided that Tank was running loose without a leash. This is a violation of the St. Mary’s County Animal Control Ordinance. This is the same law that allows anyone to use force if the dog is attacking or aggressive to a person.

unable to prove the dog was harmless is not the same as saying the witness was lying. i hope that's not your basis..

black dog

Free America
unable to prove the dog was harmless is not the same as saying the witness was lying. i hope that's not your basis..

It wasn't, there was contradictory statements made about the time between the two shots that were fired and statements about what property the dog was found dead on.
Evidence proved Woodburn was telling the truth... :shrug: