Riding lessons Lusby

Michelen301

I'm looking for suggestions for a quality facility for my daughters 8 & 11 for riding lessons. They have had basic instruction in the past. I'm willing to travel across the bridge if I need to. There are so many farms but I haven't heard much on where the lessons are. Stopped in and met Leigh (?) at Genesis on the day she was moving out. Thanks for any suggestions!

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I'm looking for suggestions for a quality facility for my daughters 8 & 11 for riding lessons. They have had basic instruction in the past. I'm willing to travel across the bridge if I need to. There are so many farms but I haven't heard much on where the lessons are. Stopped in and met Leigh (?) at Genesis on the day she was moving out. Thanks for any suggestions!

A lot of the farms are private or open to just boarders. I don't know of any place in the Lusby area. Going towards Huntingtown there is Lucky Cricket farm and Reverie Acres in Port Tobacco. Than there is a farm off Adelina Road but that is near Prince Frederick also.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
A lot of the farms are private or open to just boarders. I don't know of any place in the Lusby area. Going towards Huntingtown there is Lucky Cricket farm and Reverie Acres in Port Tobacco. Than there is a farm off Adelina Road but that is near Prince Frederick also.

HeavyChevy I'm working on getting a lesson program going in St. Leonard. We will have a show team going to the shows at PG as well as have schooling shows and Hunter/Eq/Jumper clinics. I have several horses to teach lesson there right now and will be doing group as well as private lessons.

Well you know from showing at the CHESSIE show last year that the ring is really nice and we will have very nice jumps to use as well.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
HeavyChevy I'm working on getting a lesson program going in St. Leonard. We will have a show team going to the shows at PG as well as have schooling shows and Hunter/Eq/Jumper clinics. I have several horses to teach lesson there right now and will be doing group as well as private lessons.

Well you know from showing at the CHESSIE show last year that the ring is really nice and we will have very nice jumps to use as well.

Well I didn't know that you were offering lessons there. Oops...my bad.

Are they going to have some shows there this fall?

Robin

Do you have things set up yet? I know you mentioned formatting a program
plan. Let me know I have a few folks asking about a reputable instructor.

Robin

Thats where the Chessie Shows were last winter. They have done alot of work there. Country Haven Stables?

JCStar

Hi - first time poster here! I board at Lucky Cricket farm in Huntingtown (Emmanuel Church Road). The lesson program is excellent and there are 30 minute private lessons every day of the week except Monday. It is a pay-as-you go system and the instructors are great! Riding is primarily balanced seat equitation/dressage. However, there will be a jumping instructor starting lessons this fall.

JCStar

BZHorseMomE - I just bought a trailer and am working to get a truck and all set for the fall. I'll be in touch about lessons for my daughter- oh, we met at the PVDA show a few weeks ago at LCF.

BZHorseMomE

BZHorseMomE - I just bought a trailer and am working to get a truck and all set for the fall. I'll be in touch about lessons for my daughter- oh, we met at the PVDA show a few weeks ago at LCF.

Yes, it was great to finally meet. :howdy: Congrats on the new truck and trailer!!!:yahoo: How is your horse doing? Were you able to get a farrier out to see him.

I'm really looking forward to working with your daughter. :dye: Now that this show season is coming to a close I'm already thinking ahead for next year.

BZHorseMomE

Do you have things set up yet? I know you mentioned formatting a program
plan. Let me know I have a few folks asking about a reputable instructor.

Thanks for asking Robin. I'm working on finalizing the lesson program and should have some information out in the next few weeks. Riders in the lesson program would be able to participate in off the farm shows as well as Local Schooling shows right at the farm. Also trying to firm up some more Hunter/Eq./Jumper clinics this fall.

I'm still doing Private lessons with clients that have their own horses & ponies. Riding in a lesson program where a rider gets to ride many different horses and ponies can have some very positive results. It's also a nice stepping stone for a rider just getting into riding to see if they like it enough to invest in a horse of their own.

Can I drop information by your store when it is ready?:howdy:

Michelen301

Hi all, thanks for responding. BZHorsemomE can you tell me more information as you get it. Where are you located and will you be able to teach this winter? I looked into LCF and the lessons were double in cost then most places, possibly I'm not understanding why. Reverie Acres, in Port Republic looked promising and is relatively close. Does anyone have any experience riding here? I'm asuming High Tail it stables which is very close does not have an instructor?

fredsaid2

Hi all, thanks for responding. BZHorsemomE can you tell me more information as you get it. Where are you located and will you be able to teach this winter? I looked into LCF and the lessons were double in cost then most places, possibly I'm not understanding why. Reverie Acres, in Port Republic looked promising and is relatively close. Does anyone have any experience riding here? I'm asuming High Tail it stables which is very close does not have an instructor?

High Tail It is a self care boarding barn, no on-site trainer.

BZHorseMomE

Michelen we are still working on the details and hope to finalize within the next few weeks. I sent you a PM with my contact information so please feel free to give me a call or e-mail me. If your not sure how to check you PM's just click on Private Message up in the top right hand corner of the forum page.

Addressing the shorter days and the cooler temps. are things we are trying to work out. The footing in the large 140 x 240 outdoor ring stays good year round when the ring is dragged regularly. If you'd like to meet in person or sit in on one of my private lessons I'd love to meet with you and your children. :howdy:

BZHorseMomE

Well I didn't know that you were offering lessons there. Oops...my bad.

Are they going to have some shows there this fall?

Not to worry. :huggy: It has been in the works, but the finalization of the Hunter/Equitation/Jumper program should be coming shortly.

Country Haven is planning on doing a show series and clinic series. The show series might include Jumper Classes if the interest is there. If anyone has any suggestion or what they would like to see in a local show series please PM me.

A clinic series is also being planned.

C

campinmutt

lietha stone has moved. frankie bowen has taken over the farm and is spending alot of time cleaning up the farm before he starts boarding again

Robin

Thanks for asking Robin. I'm working on finalizing the lesson program and should have some information out in the next few weeks. Riders in the lesson program would be able to participate in off the farm shows as well as Local Schooling shows right at the farm. Also trying to firm up some more Hunter/Eq./Jumper clinics this fall.

I'm still doing Private lessons with clients that have their own horses & ponies. Riding in a lesson program where a rider gets to ride many different horses and ponies can have some very positive results. It's also a nice stepping stone for a rider just getting into riding to see if they like it enough to invest in a horse of their own.

Can I drop information by your store when it is ready?:howdy:

Absolutely.