Riding lessons Lusby

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
I don't think anyone has mentioned Riverview Stables on Adelina Road (off of 231 in Prince Frederick)? Sorry, just skimmed through the pages. Christy Olson -- 410 231 0154

Chickadee1

I don't think anyone has mentioned Riverview Stables on Adelina Road (off of 231 in Prince Frederick)? Sorry, just skimmed through the pages. Christy Olson -- 410 231 0154

has the OP talked about what type of riding her two children want to do.....or how long they have ridden? Thought Riverview teaches Jumpers and Eventing?.....Reveire Acres has a Pony Club or 4H club?.... BZhorsemome signature say she is a Hunter and Equitation trainer.

shouldn't you go to watch instructors teach lessons before you start taking with them?.....

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
has the OP talked about what type of riding her two children want to do.....or how long they have ridden? Thought Riverview teaches Jumpers and Eventing?.....Reveire Acres has a Pony Club or 4H club?.... BZhorsemome signature say she is a Hunter and Equitation trainer.

shouldn't you go to watch instructors teach lessons before you start taking with them?.....

I chickadee ;)

Yes, I do believe that people should be as informed as possible about the lesson program they're entering. I would suggest watching a couple lessons and I also would like, if possible to see the instructor ride or at least see video or pictures of them riding. I've seen more than my fair share of *qualified* instructors who couldn't ride their way out of paperbag.

I do believe that you can learn from almost anyone but, so many people are full of....that it's hard to know whether you SHOULD listen to them or not. I'm fortunate two ride with two AMAZING instructors. I have to drive to different counties to ride with them but, it's totally worth it!

And, I may ask BZHorseMome if I can take a couple hunter lessons with her. My guy and I did so well at SMHA this year I wouldn't mind spending some moola on lessons with her. She's knowledgeable and well priced.

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets

Reverie Acres is a United States Pony Club Riding Center, has a 4H Club and has the CHA program. They also have a Master CHA Certified instructor and use an excellent trainer, in fact, you might say she is devine!:buddies:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I chickadee ;)

Yes, I do believe that people should be as informed as possible about the lesson program they're entering. I would suggest watching a couple lessons and I also would like, if possible to see the instructor ride or at least see video or pictures of them riding. I've seen more than my fair share of *qualified* instructors who couldn't ride their way out of paperbag.

I do believe that you can learn from almost anyone but, so many people are full of....that it's hard to know whether you SHOULD listen to them or not. I'm fortunate two ride with two AMAZING instructors. I have to drive to different counties to ride with them but, it's totally worth it!

And, I may ask BZHorseMome if I can take a couple hunter lessons with her. My guy and I did so well at SMHA this year I wouldn't mind spending some moola on lessons with her. She's knowledgeable and well priced.

Phyxius I'd love to work with Peanut and you. You know my schedule is pretty flexible so just let me know. Hey did you ever take a picture of Peanut and you with you 1st place ribbon over fences?

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Reverie Acres is a United States Pony Club Riding Center, has a 4H Club and has the CHA program. They also have a Master CHA Certified instructor and use an excellent trainer, in fact, you might say she is devine!:buddies:

Yes, Devine is great. We both have OTTB that we are bring along for the show ring and I love talking horses with her. Had a great time this past January auditing the George Morris Horsemastership Clinic in WEF with her.

How did your shows up at Kings Landing go? Are you planning on doing anymore? We missed you at the CHESSIE show at the Chaney's. They mentioned you had stopped by a few weeks before the show last November.

Pony Club and 4H are really great. Grew up in both programs in Howard County and learned so much. Getting to go to Nationals in both Pony Club and 4H was so much fun and a great learning experience. My focus is in the show ring now, but the horsemanship learned in both programs is invaluable. My passion for riding, teaching, training, and coaching came from the great mentors I was lucky enough to be around in both Pony Club and 4H.

Last edited:

Michelen301

Hi I'm the OP, I've been away. Thanks for all the responses. My girls have been taking lessons casually since they were about 5, they are now 8 and 11. I really wouldn't know a teaching style honestly if I saw it. I know in my past I've enjoyed doing a little jumping and I know my older daughter is eager to get more adventurous. She actually helped train a green pony and grew quite attached but her instructor has backed off on doing lessons for personal reasons. We were her first students I believe and I'm not sure what style teaching was taught, but I did respect the bond between my girls the horse and their instructor. I'm not even quite sure where to start when it comes to the different schooling.