Riding lessons?

Roxie04

Does anyone know of a local place that offers riding lessons? I am close to the Leonardtown area. My 9 year old went riding for the first time and now wants to take lessons. Thanks for any info!

terbear1225

Does anyone know of a local place that offers riding lessons? I am close to the Leonardtown area. My 9 year old went riding for the first time and now wants to take lessons. Thanks for any info!

how young can you start lessons. maybe just a one time deal. would like to get the little one out at least once.

dawn25

Riding Lessons in Hollywood MD

Hi I am sending this reply from a friends log-in as mine is not activated yet. I have a small farm in Hollywood, MD that offers riding lessons for Beg and advanced students. Please contact me at morgancrest2009@yahoo.com if you are interested to discuss furthur. Thanks

devinej

woodbury has a lesson horse suitable for intermediate/advanced lessons, limited slots time slots available

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
how young can you start lessons. maybe just a one time deal. would like to get the little one out at least once.

Run!! It is a trap. Lessons are expensive and they are like Pringles you can't have just one. After a child starts taking lessons then they will want to show. You will have to buy a very expensive outfit to show in that they will soon outgrow. Next they will want their own pony so they can do well at the show because the crappy schooling horse isn't allowing them to progress. You will have to board the pony or buy your own place to keep the pony. Eventually they will need a horse because they have outgrown the pony. If you have your own place you will need two anyway to keep each other company and so forth. Finally you realize that if you had just chosen soccer you could have retired years ago. Run!!! Unless you are rich and like to blow money. It is a rich man's sport, unless you are the few of us who suffer through making ends meet to keep our horses!:otter:

highnote

Run!! It is a trap. Lessons are expensive and they are like Pringles you can't have just one. After a child starts taking lessons then they will want to show. You will have to buy a very expensive outfit to show in that they will soon outgrow. Next they will want their own pony so they can do well at the show because the crappy schooling horse isn't allowing them to progress. You will have to board the pony or buy your own place to keep the pony. Eventually they will need a horse because they have outgrown the pony. If you have your own place you will need two anyway to keep each other company and so forth. Finally you realize that if you had just chosen soccer you could have retired years ago. Run!!! Unless you are rich and like to blow money. It is a rich man's sport, unless you are the few of us who suffer through making ends meet to keep our horses!:otter:

Amen!

lovemyber135

veratas farms ( where i board my horse at) offers lessons...they are in la plata though about a half hour drive from leon.town...:)

spellbound

As an adult in my thirties, my parents regret introducing me to horses as a youngster, now even more than ever.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Try Veritas Farms. They are off Rt 6 (Port Tobacco Road) in La Plata. I am a long time friend with the owner, Amy. She is really good and has two awesome lesson horses - one of which I rode as a 9 y/o! Loooong time ago :smile:

veritas-farm.com - Home

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith

:yeahthat: But if you're going to continue, like I posted before, call Amy at Veritas Farms :)