RIP Melvin...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I just saw this...RIP Melvin you will be sadly missed..

L. Melvin Foster, 82 of Callaway, MD, died on August 23, 2011.
Born October 13, 1928 in Albemarle County, VA son of the late Henry Nelson and Ethel May Foster. He is survived by his loving wife of 62 years Joyce Blackwell Foster, one brother L. Eddie Foster & wife, Jeanie, three sisters Marie Herring, Catherine Dudley & Francis Morris, five children Deborah Knott, Anita Stevens & husband, Marin, Kerry McKay, Jeannette Foster, & Lawrence Melvin Foster, Jr. & wife Corey Anne, a most special nephew, Greg Foster & wife, Diane & family, eight grandchildren, Karen Siebert, Michael Peacher, Bobbie Jo Knott, Maggie Foster, Kevin McKay, Matthew Peacher, Joey Foster & Lisa Foster, eight great grandchildren, Lauren Siebert, Autumn Peacher, Brandon Peacher, Jack Siebert, Katelyn Rippeon, Olivia McKay, Ava Peacher & Olivia Peacher, & many nieces and nephews.
He was a horseman that always had a twinkle in his eyes. He enjoyed his lifelong trade. His horse trading extended through various states which provided him many good times and good friends. He enjoyed participating & supporting local 4-H clubs. He frequently enjoyed competitive trail rides & horse shows with his family & friends. Melvin most often chose the road less traveled which brought him great fulfillment and satisfaction during his life. Viewing to be held from 2pm - 8pm on Friday August 26th with funeral services at 10am on Saturday August 27th at Brinsfield-Echols Funeral Home in Leonardtown, MD.

DQ2B

My sympathies to the family. Bought my first horse from Melvin, a major event in my chase for a horse of my own.

Hoover

I hate to see anyone go in the horse community. Its like one big family. But God has other plans, he needed Melvin in other ways and now was his turn to be with Him.

Katt

Nanny and Ms. Joyce are doing okay. I just left them at the funeral home. Funeral is at 10am tomorrow morning, so pray for the rain to hold off until after noon. The funeral procession will be lead by a horse drawn caisson for Melvin. If you are going through leonardtown at that time tomorrow, be prepared to have the traffic stopped for safety of the horses, driver and helpers and casket. Please be very considerate of the procession.

SugarNSpikes

I just read this. Very sad. :(

I bought my first horse from him and it took a long time to find him. Melvin was a wonderful person who brought joy to a lot of people. Prayers to his family.