RIP Sweet Cheyenne

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Ok I guess i can post this now, thank goodness i don't have webcam.
We lost our sweet Cheyenne Friday.

As many of you know, for over a month we have been battling what we though was a sinus infection resulting from a kick or smack on the head. She appeared to be recovering, the nasal dischard was almost gone, and she seemed in good spritis.

Friday, Rottncop went out to feed and found her on the ground frothing. He got her up, and she was wobbly and walking head down backwards counter clockwise. It was scary stuff, and Tidewater was called immediately.

Doc came out, tubed her with some fluids, gave her a bunch of steroids/DMSO and more antibiotics than enough, and said she'd be back in a few hours with the endoscope.

She came back and we took a look and found massive tumors/polyps in her gutteral sack. It is her best guess the infection encapsulated due to the antibiotics and bute, and invaded her central nervous system. She seemed to be trying to back away from the pain (hence the head down walking backwards). It was awful for her and the brain damage was most likely irreversible.

Needless to say we didn't expect this horrible turn of events, and Chey-Chey will be missed every day. She taught all 5 of our kids to ride, and had begun teaching our grandson, MorganLovers son from his buddy saddle as well.

RIP sweet girl. Boy and your baby miss you terribly.

Attachments

• JT-Kathleen-1.jpg
    JT-Kathleen-1.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 223

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Wow! I am so very sorry for your loss. I truly don't know what to say. You gave her a great life where she was always loved. Poor sweet girl. :huggy: