RISKY BEHAVIOR FOR COVID-19

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Don't Be Fooled, Recent Coronavirus Data Suggests the Lockdowns Were a Colossal Mistake

In various states across the nation, there’s been a noticeable trend of an increase in coronavirus cases. While this fact makes the headlines, the detail that seems to get overlooked is the fact that deaths have declined. Florida, Arizona, Texas, California, and Ohio are among the states that have experienced spikes in cases but have maintained declining death rates or no spike in deaths.

How is this possible? Conventional wisdom suggests that a spike in cases should result in a spike in deaths, but that has not panned out. The protests and riots following George Floyd’s death have been going on for nearly a month now. Surely a spike in deaths should shave occurred by now. But so far, it hasn’t.

Why not?

According to Justin Hart, an information architect and data analyst from San Diego, “who” gets the virus is just as important as “how many” get the virus. “Right now the average age of infected cases has dropped nearly 20 years,” Hart told PJ Media.

White House Coronavirus Task Force Member Dr. Anthony Fauci acknowledged this fact last week: “The overwhelming majority of people who are now getting infected are young people, like the people that you see in the clips in the paper or out in the crowds enjoying themselves.”

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
^^This is a good article that makes A LOT of sense^^
Sounds like a lot of what the more rational of us have been saying since March.

Goldenhawk

You mean like what was reported last month that over 62,000 in the health care fields that have tested positive and the 291 that died from it.
Yeah, exactly like that - remember I said "PROPERLY". My wife routinely sees very bad infection control practices in coworkers and less-skilled medicine aides. She had to ask for one of her aides to be pulled off a COVID patient's care because the person didn't wear the mask properly. It's not surprising for people to get sick, and far too many people even in health care aren't treating this with enough gravity.

Also, note that Fauci and the CDC initially de-emphasized the need for masks - admittedly only because the administration was trying to save critical mask and other protective supplies for health care workers, amid the hoarding. At the nursing home where my wife works, they don't have enough N95 masks, and she had to procure her own for self-protection. They STILL don't have them for all the workers.

Finally, note that health care workers are not exempt from social risks outside the workplace. How many of those illnesses were caught outside the health care facilities?

Kinnakeet

A friend recently pointed out that more than half of the people in public are not wearing their masks properly. He said it places themselves at risk as well as their family and friends if they get the virus. There has been a substantial increase in people who either wear it to cover only the mouth or up to the tip of the nose. It is pretty obvious it won't help he pointed out. This is because you breathe through your nose as well. And having the mask on the tip of the nose doesn't help either. This is because the virus can get around the sides of the mask when worn at the tip of the nose. Wearing it at the tip of the nose doesn't provide a good seal around both the nose and mouth. Then you see others that have the mask on, but take it off for a while while talking since the mask muffles the voice. Therefore, if the virus is around, you could potentially get it then. I'm not sure why people risk themselves and others that way when the virus is so dangerous, highly contagious and potentially fatal. He used to work at NIH and knows Dr. Fauci. Dr. Fauci is on the Presidential Task Force. This does make sense if you think about it. This may be why cases and deaths of the virus continue to rise.
Sure if you believe in any of this crap

Kinnakeet

Really? Hm. Tell that to the doctors and nurses who use them properly to take care of hundreds of thousands of COVID-infected patients and yet don't get infected themselves. Like my wife. I'm pretty sure they DO, in fact, work.
They did not get infected because there is nothing to get infected with its all BS from the Dems and will go away after the election

Kinnakeet

Haven't you realized by now that people on here are medical experts? Yet none claim that they work in healthcare.
I do
If I may ...

Not sure about you, but I am still waiting to hear the reasons, [of which there must be many], scientific, medical, and political, from government why, (well, ever since I've been alive anyway), there has never, ever, been a recommendation for the population at large to wear a mask for any flu season, including, SARS, Bird flu, Swine flu, and any and all pandemics in the past, that have killed hundreds of millions over the years? And now? All of a sudden, uh ohh? Here's another coronavirus, let's give it a new and "novel" name to scare the stupid people, and make them wear a mask, and encourage the sheep mask wearers to ostracize all that do not. Yup. Just sitting here, tapping away upon the 'ole keyboard .... patiently waiting, for that answer.

Yup. Still waiting.

Wait, just heard something. Nope. Sorry. False alarm. Dog farted. Stinky too.

Yup. Still waiting ........... any day now, I'm sure of it.
The mask is for the looters to hide under that's all

Jurgo

If I may ...

If I may ...

But it was wary scary. And touted ad nauseam all about the news for months on end.

It was only scary if you were unhygienic and/or bought into the liberal panic bias then (as many are doing now).

Your bootstraps aren’t going to pull you up themselves, you’ve got to do it.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So in essence? You could not think for yourself, during those other killer corona viruses, and that for this corona virus, it required the government tell you, dictate, mandate, what to do? Now my friend is interested.

Jurgo

I just heard from a friend (down in Texas no less) whose 65 year old uncle passed away “from Covid” this week and whose 20 year old son is “on a ventilator due to Covid.” They bought the whole “wear masks sanitize and isolate” nazi propaganda and look! Made no difference. When will these idiotic sheeple learn???

BernieP

Resident PIA
A cloth mask will not give you a good seal no matter how you wear it.

a cloth mask will not prevent you from getting the virus no matter how well it is sealed.
Cloth masks are to prevent or reduce the spread of the virus from you to others.
It's effective in containing the water droplets that carry the virus.

Which is why it only works if everyone is wearing a mask.

mitzi

You could not think for yourself, during those other killer corona viruses, and that for this corona virus, it required the government tell you, dictate, mandate, what to do?

No. I paid attention to what the doctors were recommending. They know much more than I do. It's a precaution, not 100 percent. If I chose to wear one when I'm out and about, so what? Is it effecting you?

Jessalynn

It’s interesting how people want it to be all or nothing! Some say masks work, and some say they don’t. Social distancing is necessary for almost ALL of our daily life events, but you can be a part of ginormous protests without thinking twice.

People compare COVID-19 to the flu. Realize that there have been several Flu pandemics in the past, with devastating consequences. The Flu Pandemic of 1968 killed 1 million / the Asian Flu of 1956-1958 killed 2 million / the Flu Pandemic of 1918 killed 20 -50 million / the Flu Pandemic of 1889-1890 killed 1 million.

Eventually, flus either run their course – or now with our technology, a vaccine is developed. Although we've been successful at finding a vaccine for recent flus - we still have no vaccine for COVID-19.

We have become a society where we make decisions based on what we want, while the needs of others, as well as public health and safety is secondary. We have never been through this particular pandemic. We have no vaccine. We have not learned enough about it yet, and it continues to evolve. Is the act of wearing a mask and social distancing so vile, that it cannot be tolerated – even on the off-chance that it might at least slow the spread of the virus?

As of today, there are 10.3 million documented COVID-19 cases worldwide, with 506 thousand deaths. It is believed that there are many more undocumented. Since the reopenings here in the US alone, and subsequent removal of masks, some states have seen an uptick of 9000 cases in just one day.

We are only about 7 months into a pandemic that can literally last years. Trying to slow it's progress by ANY means until we can find a solution should be our most fervent concern.

I am in no way negating the shattering effect this is having on people of all ages, in all walks of life. The domino result has been unfathomable. I realize that this terrible pandemic is financially crippling to many. It's true that for some - their situation is already desperate. But knee-jerking a “quick fix’ now could cost us tremendously later.

We don’t need to split hairs about how much of the uptick is social gathering, and how much is mask related. We need to understand that this virus might be long-term, and that being bored, “getting tired” of dealing with it, and selfishly assuming that you know what’s best for YOU is exactly what will spread the virus quicker than anything!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Hey. An admission here. I am no scientist. However I can extrapolate and understand many things. Here are two charts ...

The first shows the annual, vis monthly, UVB rays reaching earth's surface as the earth revolves around the sun on its fixed axis. Notice the curve.
1-s2.0-S0960148112007069-gr1.jpg

The second chart shows the decline in hospitalizations relation to the horrid COVID-19?
Notice that it pretty much follows the inverse of the above chart, time wise?
EbxJP0eUEAUFX6i

Now, not withstanding when those in charge started reporting covid numbers. ( I would say this chart shows is when reporting the flu ended, and reporting only 'covid' began). I would wager that the regular flu, or the common cold, of any prior year, follows the same inverse pattern of UVB ray penetrating the earths atmosphere allowing skin synthesis for the production of the immune boosting hormone vitamin d.

There are other charts of covid infection curves, flu curves, cold curves. But I got lazy. Everyone can do their own DD to figure out what most sane people already know. As well prior generations, our grandparents, and some, most, parents ~mine, (if during the 50's -70's), who forced cod liver oil down our throats during the winter months when UVB rays could not penetrate the atmosphere, for the vitamin d it provided, to keep us from getting sick. Of course, that practice may have stopped when milk started coming out labeled as "fortified with vitamin d". (To sell more milk to concerned parents, as well as to boost the cereal industry) Which by the way? Is a the man made version of vitamin d. Want the real thing during the winter? Eggs, oily fish (such as salmon, [stay away from framed raised salmon. Actually any farmed raised seafood], tuna, and mackerel, herring and sardines) and fish liver oils are among the best sources. Vitamin D is found in beef liver, and mushrooms. And of course ... cod liver oil. Bon appetit after the fall equinox and before the spring equinox. Until those UVB rays start getting thorough the atmosphere just about after spring starts.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

People compare COVID-19 to the flu. Realize that there have been several Flu pandemics in the past, with devastating consequences. The Flu Pandemic of 1968 killed 1 million / the Asian Flu of 1956-1958 killed 2 million / the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918 killed 20 -50 million / the Flu Pandemic of 1889-1890 killed 1 million.
There. Fixed it for you. Btw. The Spanish flu was spread by the vaccine given to soldiers. Do some research. I shorted the rest of your post because it was mindless drivel being parroted by all the other sheep. Or should I say Braaa-rroted?