Road Closures

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
ok I lied. Im watching my dads house and his puppy this week Hes actually in Owings right near sneads and 5th street. Im in La plata.. Maybe I should go home from work early:jameo:I just dont know that area....

You can head up 4 to Route 2. Turn right on 260 and then left on Boyd's Turn to 5th.

(I'm gonna check to be sure I'm right...that's off the top of my head).

kelb

art imitating life
You can head up 4 to Route 2. Turn right on 260 and then left on Boyd's Turn to 5th.

(I'm gonna check to be sure I'm right...that's off the top of my head).

That what I think I was just told, 231-4-2-Mt Harmony.. does that sound right? How do I make my GPS take me to avoid flooding.. sheesh

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
We have to drive to BWI tonight. Probably leaving around 5 or 5:30 and we always go up Rt. 4. I'm not real familiar with the roads that way. Anything to avoid or should we find a different route? TIA

KMPaddy2255

That what I think I was just told, 231-4-2-Mt Harmony.. does that sound right? How do I make my GPS take me to avoid flooding.. sheesh

Your right! 231 to 4 to Rte. 2 to Mt. Harmony, then it runs you into 260/261 but make that left onto Boyds Turn Road by Sneade's, then right onto 5th. You should be good to go.

kelb

art imitating life
We have to drive to BWI tonight. Probably leaving around 5 or 5:30 and we always go up Rt. 4. I'm not real familiar with the roads that way. Anything to avoid or should we find a different route? TIA

I think I heard rt 4 is closed @ Lower Pindell

kelb

art imitating life
Your right! 231 to 4 to Rte. 2 to Mt. Harmony, then it runs you into 260/261 but make that left onto Boyds Turn Road by Sneade's, then right onto 5th. You should be good to go.

SWEET! Thanks. If that floods Im in big trouble

I'd check the airlines for cancellations before you drive up in this slop....

poster

La plata to Chesapeak Beach right near 5th st..? if 260 is closed and I just now saw Plum point is closed is there another way to get home?

Take rt/4 to rt/2 to 260 south and make a left at sneade's (sp?) hardware onto boyds turn rd. then make a right onto 5th street that'll bring you into north beach from a higher area.

If it's backed up on 260 take rt/2 to the new circle they put in after 260, make a right onto 261 there and follow that road to right on poplar road, that'll turn into boyds turn rd and make a left onto 5th street.

somebody beat me to it :doh: - oh well good luck!

C

CalvertNewbie

I think I heard rt 4 is closed @ Lower Pindell

Hey, did anyone ever find out if rte 4 is closed in both directions or just north bound? Hubby has to come home down 4 from suitland/marlow heights area and I'm wondering if I should tell him to head another way home.

This morning, I was shocked to see the school delays & closures for rain because coming from NY, the only closures/delays up there are for snow! Now.....I understand why the schools were closed this morning. What a mess today out there! :jameo:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
So, am I driving through that or would I have to turn off Rt 4 to get there? Sorry, but I'm not too familiar with that area. I guess I should pay more attention when hubby drives that way, lol. We take all main roads to airport.

purplepassion

Lovin' Life
Hey, did anyone ever find out if rte 4 is closed in both directions or just north bound? Hubby has to come home down 4 from suitland/marlow heights area and I'm wondering if I should tell him to head another way home.

This morning, I was shocked to see the school delays & closures for rain because coming from NY, the only closures/delays up there are for snow! Now.....I understand why the schools were closed this morning. What a mess today out there! :jameo:

I kept listening to the scanner last night and the fire departments in the county were jumping. There were calls for trees on houses and power lines and a house collapse in the Beach. It made me wonder when a tree was going to collapse on my house!

C

CalvertNewbie

I kept listening to the scanner last night and the fire departments in the county were jumping. There were calls for trees on houses and power lines and a house collapse in the Beach. It made me wonder when a tree was going to collapse on my house!

I know - there are trees down and leaves everywhere around here. We were pretty nervous because we have woods on 3 sides of our house with some really huge trees. The wind was crazy around here and the rain was blowing sideways. I was really glad to wake up and see that the only tree down in our yard was one that was nowhere near the house! Hopefully everyone makes it home ok from work (or where ever else they are) and the sun comes out tomorrow like it's supposed to!

penguin6

260 is the road that runs down into the beach, so it is not closed.
261 is the road that runs through the beacha nd it is closed at
where the Old Stinnett's Rest. was, and by Tan's Cycle.

261 is also closed in front of the Navy Research Lab, with the detour being Summer City --> Christiana Parran road, at least that was the case at about 2:00 PM