Road Trip Down South

lovinmaryland

http://www.riverstreetsavannah.com/
My in-laws live in Savannah. Last December while down for Christmas they took us to River Street. Very cool place.

Awesome thanks guys!
If you go to Charleston, and DO NOT go to Page's Okra Grill for at least one meal, I will drive the 8 hours to get there and punch you in the face.

Page's is *that* good.

It is actually in Mount Pleasant, which is right across the bridge from Charleston. Also in Mount Pleasant is an area called Shem Creek; the family and I went on a hours-long kayak trip on Shem Creek, and I swear to you, it was the absolute best part of our vacation....I mean, besides eating at Page's. On the kayak trip, we saw several schools of dolphins AND a family of manatees - which rarely come out to the Creek. We can't wait to go back there again.
Ok I'll put Page's down...not sure my big fat butt could fit in a kayak though :jet:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm kinda the same way. I love the beach/water itself but cant stand the sand...that's why it wouldn't break my heart to skip MB... She's from San Diego so I'm not sure MB could really compare to the beaches there. maybe I should suggest Charleston. We could go there for a day then head on over to Savannah.

If you've been to either can you recommend restaurants or must see things :flowers:

IF she's a former Girl Scout,and interested, Juliet Gordon Low's (the founder of GSUSA's) home is located in Savannah. It's a National Center, so it's kind of a big deal in the GS'ing world.