Robert E Lee statue coming down today

PeoplesElbow

About damn time! Remove all symbols of the failed racist state, or have them removed with extreme prejudice! To the victor go the spoils - for the rest of you seditionist losers, you should pool your money and buy up the participation trophies and house them on private property, where it's none of anyone else's business. Put your money where your mouth is!
Is that what you think about the native Americans?

OmyGawd

it is quite simple. Those who erase history are to be erased themselves. Someday these twerps will understand that.

Louise

it is quite simple. Those who erase history are to be erased themselves. Someday these twerps will understand that.

You are right. But, it might take another Revolution. Hopefully, the audits will prove election fraud, but if not, here WE go again. I am a patriot, and locked and loaded. And, my middle name is Lee for reason of family heritage. God bless the USA. And, to add, Lee’s horse was named Traveller. Ironic. https://www.historynet.com/robert-e-lees-horse-traveller.htm

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Is that what you think about the native Americans?

I knew one of my dad's 3rd cousins on his paternal side. John was a Mohawk.

I was visiting his office on a bring a child to work day, was about 11. John was a high level corporate attorney. An AIM delegation was one of his appointments that day. He heard them out.

He then told them that the Europeans did better at taking and holding the land than did the Natives. He admonished them that the only only way to regain anything was to learn the White Man's game, and play it better.

John endowed a library on his reserve in Canada (The Kahnawake Mohawk Territory south of Montreal). He also established an educational loan program.

I last saw him at my high school graduation party in 1975.

HemiHauler

History isn't erased. Countless statues have been removed going back many thousands of years. You may be surprised you can still read and learn about them today. Imagine that!

OccamsRazor

Its easy to be 'offended' by these types of statues. Removal of them is paid for with tax dollars which most of the perpetually offended do not contribute to. If they really wanted to put their money where their mouth is then the cities would demand that removal be funded privately with an exorbitant bill. Even then, it should be mandatory that the statues be evacuated to a museum which would also need to be privately funded by those who wished them removed.

Last edited:

Bare-ya-cuda

Its easy to be 'offended' by these types of statues. Removal of them is paid for with tax dollars which most of the perpetually offended do not contribute to. If they really wanted to put their money where their mouth is then the cities would demand that removal be funded privately with an exorbitant bill. Even then, they it should be mandatory that the statues be evacuated to a museum which would also need to be privately funded by those who wished them removed.
How is it easy to be offended by these types of statues? Are you really that sensitive?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
You cannot change history by removing some statues……history never changes no matter how much you cower from it

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
“Those who control the present, control the past and those who control the past control the future.”

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
“Those who control the present, control the past and those who control the past control the future.”
Obviously their are people who believe this……1984 should be on every ones reading lists. People like HH are dying to make this happen. Even though it’s only fiction. I guess they have to dream.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Really?

9/11 education should 'avoid placing blame,' leave out 'gruesome' details, college students say

American exceptionalism is 'rooted in a lot of colonialist and imperialist notions of how we should treat each other people,' one student said

9/11 education should "avoid placing blame" and leave out the "gruesome details" of that fateful day so as not to lead to extreme nationalism, according to some college students.

Students from the University of Florida spoke with Campus Reform recently to share their opinions on how 9/11 should be taught.

Among their suggestions was to avoid the discussion altogether of who was responsible for the terrorist attacks. Others said the idea of American exceptionalism shouldn’t be mentioned at all in lessons.