Robertson's Crab House a great place for families

Dodgem250

If you have young kids and love good seafood, Robertson's Crabhouse is a great place to try. My husband and I and our two kids (ages 7 and 9) often have dinner there on Thursdays nights during the summer. The managment and staff are friendly, the food is good and my kids have a ball coloring on the brown paper and playing on the viedo games. My daughter loves the cream of crab soup. My son's favorite is the kid's fish basket. My Husband and I love the steaks, shrimp and Crabs (when they are in season). The oysters are also great in the Fall.

The place is not hectic like most resturants in La Plata and Waldorf. We like the fact that it is not a chain resturant. It is important to my husband and I, that we continue to support the long standing establishments in the area.

I have read some other comments about the resturant on this forum and recommend that people try it for themselves. We have been loyal customers for several years and still love it. I would recommend it to anyone. The view from the dining room is great and the sunsets are even better.

They usually open for the season around the end of Feb., so be sure to try them out.

Enjoy!

MAN! They must be paying you good to say all that! LMAO

Been there a few times, every time there has been some kind of issue... I guess that's why they are never super busy, I guess history shows I'm not the only one who has had repeated issues in the past many years of giving them second, third, fourth chances... there won't be a fifth of course, and if any friends ask me to go again, I'll have to pull a sick routine...

Went there the last time and it took over an hour to get our crablegs and shrimp, finally, a few days later, when the food did show up, the crab legs were frozen solid in the middle and the shrimp was so over cooked you could not even bite them in half, not just a few of them of them either, but, that's always been the case with their shrimp...

They were quite apologetic about the whole situation, they even only charged us half price for the meals, and after all was said and done, we got our meals for free, mostly because we didn't really get to eat anything anyway, so, we said thanks, we're gonna go somewhere else... this was last year...

So, since you can never get into Capt. Billy's, since it's all the rave, we go to Gilligan's, where the food is great and the service is greater and the atmosphere is better than Billy / Robertson's...

GET IT????? Billy Robertson, yeah owned by the same family...

So, if anyone has seen the ad in the Fridays edition of the Maryland Independent yesterday, that's supposed to say,

"All you can chew bubble gum: $19.99"

What they need is a cook who can cook and waitresses than can waitress.

PS: their prized salad bar consists of some brown lettuce and a few carrots and a wet crouton.

NOW...
if you want some serious food, and most excellent waitresses, go to Wilkerson's in Colonial Beach!

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
I have probably been to Robertson's a dozen times and can't recall ever having a good meal or good service. IMO

Nevr cared for Billy's either and the other place down there Gilligans. Overall Popes Creek is way overrated and over hyped. I can name at least a dozen places in St. Mary's that I would visit before one of those places.

Dodgem250

I have been going to both Robertson's & Cap't Billys for years, and lets just say that neither one is as good as they used to be. We went last summer to Robertson's for crabs and they were awful. If you want good crabs go to Cap't Leonards.

I had the chance to go to Capt. John's a few years ago, that's really good and the prices were great, just have not gone back yet. I do remember saying something like... "Man that was awesome".

T

toppick08

I had the chance to go to Capt. John's a few years ago, that's really good and the prices were great, just have not gone back yet. I do remember saying something like... "Man that was awesome".

I hope the new Evan's will be like the old......:yum:

I hope the new Evan's will be like the old......:yum:

Yeah..... that would be nice. I still remember the all-you-can-eat when I used to come to Pax on travel in the 80s. MAN, the food just kept coming and it was the best.... and only $12.

T

toppick08

Yeah..... that would be nice. I still remember the all-you-can-eat when I used to come to Pax on travel in the 80s. MAN, the food just kept coming and it was the best.... and only $12.

:high5:

They were the best around.

seafoodlover

MAN! They must be paying you good to say all that! LMAO

Been there a few times, every time there has been some kind of issue... I guess that's why they are never super busy, I guess history shows I'm not the only one who has had repeated issues in the past many years of giving them second, third, fourth chances... there won't be a fifth of course, and if any friends ask me to go again, I'll have to pull a sick routine...

Went there the last time and it took over an hour to get our crablegs and shrimp, finally, a few days later, when the food did show up, the crab legs were frozen solid in the middle and the shrimp was so over cooked you could not even bite them in half, not just a few of them of them either, but, that's always been the case with their shrimp...

They were quite apologetic about the whole situation, they even only charged us half price for the meals, and after all was said and done, we got our meals for free, mostly because we didn't really get to eat anything anyway, so, we said thanks, we're gonna go somewhere else... this was last year...

So, since you can never get into Capt. Billy's, since it's all the rave, we go to Gilligan's, where the food is great and the service is greater and the atmosphere is better than Billy / Robertson's...

GET IT????? Billy Robertson, yeah owned by the same family...

So, if anyone has seen the ad in the Fridays edition of the Maryland Independent yesterday, that's supposed to say,

"All you can chew bubble gum: $19.99"

What they need is a cook who can cook and waitresses than can waitress.

PS: their prized salad bar consists of some brown lettuce and a few carrots and a wet crouton.

NOW...
if you want some serious food, and most excellent waitresses, go to Wilkerson's in Colonial Beach!

No one has paid me to say anything about Robertson's ( And yes I do know the owners- Great people).

Like I said in my orginal post, everyone should form their own opinion. I also have been to Capt. Billy's, Gilligans, Capt. John's, Capt. Leonard's and Wilkerson's. They each offer a different experience. I can honestly say that I have had bad experiences at each one of them at one time or another over the years. The food at each is OK, some food is better then others, but again that is my indivual opinion.

My family and I ate at Robertson's on Saturday night. I ordered Steamed Shrimp, that were cooked perfectly and had a salad made from the salad bar (which offered several fresh vegatables to choose from) and a baked potato. Everything tasted great and the dining room was packed.

The owners of Robertson's Crabhouse have worked very hard over the last couple of years to provide good food and good service in a family style atmophere. They may not always get everything right, but what resturant does on a consistant basis day in and day out. The Robertson family continues to support various community organizations and over the years have donated countless number of dollars to support local charities.

Like all the other resturants I have listed above, they have much to be proud of.