Rockies For Sale

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
She is doing fine. Finally gaining weight and starting to fill out. :yahoo: I'll be sending her to a trainer soon. I would do it but can't risk getting hurt...Ya know how us Grannie's are....But i can't wait to ride her and hope that she gaits naturally. She does in the field most of the time.. :dye:

I just sent a filly to Geoff Hills in KY. He won the trainer/handler of the year from the KMSHA, so he's GOOD. I've been using him for years to start my youngins, and we finish them. I just don't have the time to start them and he does a thorough job of starting them solid, in 30 days.

I know a good trainer in VA if you want to send her there. I'd trust him with my Rockies. This fellow also takes 30 days and they come back ready for you to finish on the trails.

Last edited:

mingiz

Horse Poor
I just sent a filly to Geoff Hills in KY. He won the trainer/handler of the year from the KMSHA, so he's GOOD. I've been using him for years to start my youngins, and we finish them. I just don't have the time to start them and he does a thorough job of starting them solid, in 30 days.

I know a good trainer in VA if you want to send her there. I'd trust him with my Rockies. This fellow also takes 30 days and they come back ready for you to finish on the trails.

PM me info on the VA trainer..... I'm like you I can do the ground to saddling work but those first few rides I can't, but I can finish them...:dye:

walkerman

Hey, would also PM me that info, I got a 3yr. just need someone to start. She been saddle over 10 times. Thanks

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Are gaited horses normally started under saddle so young?
Rockies/KMSHAs have an age requirement to be certified to breed under saddle. For me it depends on their size. The smaller ones are generally started between 2-3, and the taller ones between 3-4 but they HAVE to be certified to breed, showing gait under saddle, prior to 4 or their registration papers are pulled, and the show under saddle classes start at 2. Sometimes getting and maintaining gait takes up to a year. They need to learn to balance themselves and develop the muscles to do it.

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Hey, would also PM me that info, I got a 3yr. just need someone to start. She been saddle over 10 times. Thanks
His name is Nat Roderick, he's near Covington VA. I'll have to get his number. He's worth the drive. No question. He gets 'em gaiting NICE, you get what you pay for.

Fairwinds Farm in KY started this Red Chocolate filly before she came to my place. We've put the miles on her. She's 3 - 1/2.

Last edited:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
If you guys want to stay close Devine is doing some work from here...round pen, then ring then trails..we have hills, water etc..

mingiz

Horse Poor
Are gaited horses normally started under saddle so young?

Most are started at 2-3. I like to wait atleast till they are 3. Gaited horses aren't trained any different than any other horse. They just travel different...jmo

mingiz

Horse Poor
If you guys want to stay close Devine is doing some work from here...round pen, then ring then trails..we have hills, water etc..

So are you boarding the trainers? ETC.... pm me info.....I don't want to ship to have one trained a few days a week...I want a true 30days ....:popcorn:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
So are you boarding the trainers? ETC.... pm me info.....I don't want to ship to have one trained a few days a week...I want a true 30days ....:popcorn:
That's what both people I use do. 30 solid days of every single day working with the horse. I've had 6+ done by the Hills, and 2 done by Nat. I can say he honestly does it and they come back READY for you to ride, no spook or buck at all. It's 450.00 p/month, plus dental and shoes if they need it. We personally don't shoe so no shoes here, and sometimes mine have had dental done before they go, sometimes not, but it's good to check for wolf teeth and caps before you bit them.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Back on track! I forgot to mention Charlie (the 5 1/2 y/o gelding) before! These are all at my farm(s) and can be seen/evaluated personally.

5 1/2 y/o Registered and Certified RMHA black gelding 15.1h stocky build, trail master, big, bold and beautiful, goes anywhere, barefoot, SMOOTH well set in gait, husband sized, beginner safe horse. 4,000.00 FIRM

3 y/o Red Chocolate all Rocky but registered KMSHA filly with white mane/tail, 14.1h already doing trails and racking smooth like a seasoned horse, 3,000.00 FIRM - has done a judged trail ride and placed 4th out of 22 entries, and local SMTR rides all Fall. Good for a confident beginner rider, small (5'4" or less) adult or child. She's not finished growing.

90 day replacement guarantee, or 2 week trial for non refundable 250.00 lease fee to try either under saddle horse.

18 month old Bay gelding, will be 15.1+H @ maturity,
18 month old Silver Bay gelding (Red Chocolate) will be 15H @ maturity, either one 1,500.00 - slightly negotiable if you want both boys
17 month old red chocolate filly RMHA, will be 14.2-3 @ maturity 2,250.00
5 month old golden Palomino filly, will be 15h @ maturity KMSHA (all Rocky) 2,000.00

All horses are guaranteed sound in minds and bodies, vet and client references available for the horses we've personally trained and sold.

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Stridor

5 1/2 y/o, 15.1h registered/certified under saddle black gelding. An OUTSTANDING horse. Husband/kid safe. Sweet, and likes people. A big boy too. 4K FIRM.

Attachments

• stridor_20122.jpg
    stridor_20122.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 89
  • stridor_20111.jpg
    stridor_20111.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 78
  • stridor-20053.JPG
    stridor-20053.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
These are the young gelding

Shiloh, Registered Rocky, Red Chocolate (for those of you who know her, this is Fairwind's Autumn Color's son) 2K

And a sorrel RMH gelding we call Lefty because of his 2 high left socks. 1500.00

Will do a reasonable package deal if someone wants to take both boys.

Attachments

• Sm-Shiloh-oct08.jpg
    Sm-Shiloh-oct08.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 67
  • Sm-Lefty1-oct08.jpg
    Sm-Lefty1-oct08.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 73
  • Sm-Lefty2-oct08.jpg
    Sm-Lefty2-oct08.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 63

SugarNSpikes

Back on track! I forgot to mention Charlie (the 5 1/2 y/o gelding) before! These are all at my farm(s) and can be seen/evaluated personally.

5 1/2 y/o Registered and Certified RMHA black gelding 15.1h stocky build, trail master, big, bold and beautiful, goes anywhere, barefoot, SMOOTH well set in gait, husband sized, beginner safe horse. 4,000.00 FIRM

3 y/o Red Chocolate all Rocky but registered KMSHA filly with white mane/tail, 14.1h already doing trails and racking smooth like a seasoned horse, 3,000.00 FIRM - has done a judged trail ride and placed 4th out of 22 entries, and local SMTR rides all Fall. Good for a confident beginner rider, small (5'4" or less) adult or child. She's not finished growing.

90 day replacement guarantee, or 2 week trial for non refundable 250.00 lease fee to try either under saddle horse.

18 month old Bay gelding, will be 15.1+H @ maturity,
18 month old Silver Bay gelding (Red Chocolate) will be 15H @ maturity, either one 1,500.00 - slightly negotiable if you want both boys
17 month old red chocolate filly RMHA, will be 14.2-3 @ maturity 2,250.00
5 month old golden Palomino filly, will be 15h @ maturity KMSHA (all Rocky) 2,000.00

All horses are guaranteed sound in minds and bodies, vet and client references available for the horses we've personally trained and sold.

I was looking through your website, and the little welshie on your page, SnowFlake... is that one you got from Linden Farm or sold to? She looks like the one they had there and I was just curious. =x

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
No, we've had her for a little over 4 years, she came to us from my daughter's old lesson barn on the Eastern Shore. We bought her first lesson pony from the barn when we moved over here. She's a sweetie.