round bale feeders???

dreamkeeper

Does anybody feeding round bales have these fattening whoas?[/QUOTE]

You know the quality of your round bails, I'm sure is not the same quality of your squares. I wouldn't take your horses off the grain completely. Round bails are definately much easier if you have a large herd to contend with, less work but you will surely see a weight increase. I fed round bails and mine didn't stand there day-in and day-out eating themselves into oblivion. There were times they we're still wandering the fields attempting to graze, etc. I'd much rather see plump horses (as long as they don't colic) as opposed to ribs during the winter months. Good Luck.

W

WildHorses

dreamkeeper said:
Does anybody feeding round bales have these fattening whoas?

You know the quality of your round bails, I'm sure is not the same quality of your squares. I wouldn't take your horses off the grain completely. Round bails are definately much easier if you have a large herd to contend with, less work but you will surely see a weight increase. I fed round bails and mine didn't stand there day-in and day-out eating themselves into oblivion. There were times they we're still wandering the fields attempting to graze, etc. I'd much rather see plump horses (as long as they don't colic) as opposed to ribs during the winter months. Good Luck.[/QUOTE]

:confused: