Rt. 4 S/B

Kitkatmom

A friend texted me that Rt. 4 was closed in both directions at the AA/PG county line due to the river flooding the bridge. I know it was bad, but passable this morning when I went to work. Anybody have any updates?

jsouthan

A friend texted me that Rt. 4 was closed in both directions at the AA/PG county line due to the river flooding the bridge. I know it was bad, but passable this morning when I went to work. Anybody have any updates?
People on FB are saying that SB is clear, it is only NB that is closed. If you are on FB, you can like Southern Maryland Alerts (Southern Maryland Alerts | Facebook). They have stayed on top of updates throughout SoMD all day.

Rael

Supper's Ready
People on FB are saying that SB is clear, it is only NB that is closed. If you are on FB, you can like Southern Maryland Alerts (Southern Maryland Alerts | Facebook). They have stayed on top of updates throughout SoMD all day.

This is true, southbound is open....slow at the Pax, but open (both lanes). Northbound is covered in water about halfway up a car wheel (one was stuck who decided to drive through it). I just passed it 15 minutes or so ago. :yay:

willie

NB is a disaster! The back up starts way before Waysons. 259 to the rt 2 circle took almost an hour.

OlePort207

Southbound is clear delays from slightly before 301 until after 408. Exits to 301 are closed. Northbound closed before 408 due a section of 4 being completely under water. Lot of rubbernecking southbound side due to car being in the middle of the flooded section.