Rte. 235 Traffic

Teach

Confirmed Sybarite
Backed up again

Accident just north of Exploration Drive is backing up 235 north traffic right now due the far left lane being closed. Police are on the scene, but the accident happened about half an hour or so ago.

Sorry base workers going north!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Accident just north of Exploration Drive is backing up 235 north traffic right now due the far left lane being closed. Police are on the scene, but the accident happened about half an hour or so ago.

Sorry base workers going north!

That one happened right after the big one at gate one, looked to be about 4 cars involved in that one.

:howdy:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Well ask them why on 235 N where you left exit to Buck Hewitt, they got 2-3 yield barrel looking things blocking the view of South Bound traffic so you have to nearly pull your bumper to the very edge of the traffic to see very clearly to make a safe exit.

Or you could since I don't GAF about your problem.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Watched an accident about 5 yesterday afternoon sitting in the traffic. Some guy was making a U-Turn where the Toyota Dealership is on 235 south of Buck Hewitt. People stopped so he could make the U-Turn, some woman in a Mustang came flying up the turn lane and smacked him pretty good as he was completing the turn. Looked like a newer car he was driving, too.

bohman

last Wednesday at 7 pm it was still backed up. There was a jogger right beside me at WaWa headed North. He made it to the light at Wal-Mart before I did :killingme

I got passed by a guy on a bike 3 times on my way in yesterday. Every time I hit a red light, he'd pass me again. :cds:

Teach

Confirmed Sybarite
That one happened right after the big one at gate one, looked to be about 4 cars involved in that one.

:howdy:

Yeah, I could see the red flashing lights at Pegg Road, but no detail. Rollback just took the last car from in front of Exploration Drive. All northbound lanes are open. Looks to be the same southbound, too. I can't see Pegg Road, so have no idea in that direction.

:howdy: to you, too.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yeah, I could see the red flashing lights at Pegg Road, but no detail. Rollback just took the last car from in front of Exploration Drive. All northbound lanes are open. Looks to be the same southbound, too. I can't see Pegg Road, so have no idea in that direction.

:howdy: to you, too.

I'm headed back down that way in about 30 minutes. Ugh.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Maybe if everyone was focused on driving and not their cell, the radio or that cigarette.....we'd have less of these accidents. :howdy:

Slowing down a little bit would help too. Most of us are sitting still anyway but I hold my breath watching the idiots flying up the far right and right-turn lanes, waiting for someone pulling out of a side street or SB car turning left to cross paths with them.

I have to say, once I got past the accidents today, traffic was much better than it has been all week. Looks like someone finally got the memo. :yahoo:

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Slowing down a little bit would help too. Most of us are sitting still anyway but I hold my breath watching the idiots flying up the far right and right-turn lanes, waiting for someone pulling out of a side street or SB car turning left to cross paths with them.

I have to say, once I got past the accidents today, traffic was much better than it has been all week. Looks like someone finally got the memo. :yahoo:

Exactly what happened yesterday. I actually said to myself 'here comes an acci...' and before I could finish, they hit each other.

P

playerhater

What I don't understand is why people, knowing that it's dangerous because they can't see, will still attempt to make the turn, instead of going to the light and making a U-turn.

I agree, go to the next signal light during rush hour, its what less than 100 feet away and much safer.

P

playerhater

Does the traffic seem to be more backed up over the past couple of weeks on 235 going to and coming from Pax in the mornings and afternoons? Anyone know why? May have to find a different route.

Funny you brought this topic up today and there was on accident at the light of gate one, another accident at the next light on Expedition Dr. :cds: Someone mentioned an accident at 235 N left exit to Buck Hewitt. Buck Hewitt must have been on another day. But yea for sure two accidents practically back to back during rush our one traffic light apart.

Someone mentioned the one turn lane to Chancellors is messing up traffic also. When does all this madness end?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Does the traffic seem to be more backed up over the past couple of weeks on 235 going to and coming from Pax in the mornings and afternoons? Anyone know why? May have to find a different route.

It's been more then a couple of weeks. The backup builds over time and the root cause is the light at Chancellors Run Rd.
Back in the early fall / late summer they closed the intersectoin one morning (at rush hour) to work on the light and CR Rd. Ever since the timing has been off with the other lights AND it's been shorter on 235.
Going south in the AM you can see cars backing up from there thru green lights at Town Creek, Walmart, and on back. Once you get thru that interseciton you almost always get the light at Millstone Landing. Traffic begans to flow after Millstone Landing.

Going north in the PM you have the reverse. Once you get thru CR Rd the traffic starts to move again. It might be heavy, but it moves. From CR Rd south it's like one big parking lot.

Last night there were several accidents which added to the delay. But on most days, it's simply volumn and the light at CR Rd.

PS Don't expect it to get better when the light for Kohl's goes active.

The state will probably tell you the light at 235 and CR was changed because of the light at Hickory Hills. Basically the traffic on 235 has been made dependent on Chancellors Run Rd.

The state will probably tell you the light at 235 and CR was changed because of the light at Hickory Hills. Basically the traffic on 235 has been made dependent on Chancellors Run Rd.

Additionally, coming out onto 235 from Maple (across the street from Chancellors) the light was way too short. Buses trying to get out from the school plus normal traffic would be waiting forever as 2 or 3 cars got thru. It seems like the light was retimed to allow a bit more time to get out from Maples as well.

Zguy28

Additionally, coming out onto 235 from Maple (across the street from Chancellors) the light was way too short. Buses trying to get out from the school plus normal traffic would be waiting forever as 2 or 3 cars got thru. It seems like the light was retimed to allow a bit more time to get out from Maples as well.
Soon we'll need a by-pass like in Hughesville.