"Rude Awakening"

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I just read a Powerline blog post from John Hinderaker commenting on a post by James Howard Kunstler. Here's a link to the Powerline blog entry:

Anyway, Hinderaker's comments and snips were interesting enough that I clicked over to read the full post he was commenting on. Here's that link:
https://kunstler.com/cluster****-nation/rude-awakening/
(the link works, but isn't completely showing b/c, well, it's a bit of profanity).

As I was reading Kunstler's blog post I kept saying to myself that the writer seemed familiar to me. So I had to laugh when I finally realized I'm currently reading one of his books (link): World Made By Hand (haven't finished it yet (about 1/3 in) so not sure what my "verdict" will be, but so far so good).

Back to his blog post.... As Hinderaker points out, Mr. Kunstler either currently remains a liberal (or is considering walking away; certainly some of the comments to his post seem to accuse him of becoming/being a Righty. What I know of him seems to make him, at most, center-left).

Kunstler's post makes the case that if The Left was a person it would be locked up in a psych ward and on forced meds. It's current behavior is such that he fears the result will essentially be the suicide of the Democratic Party (something he regrets as he sees legitimate Progressivism as having been a force for good in our country; that certainly makes the "Kunstler is a Righty" j'accuse silly).

No snips. Very much worth everyone's click-over (though I'm sure some won't like the message he's delivering). Reading time (blog post only): < 5 minutes.

Enjoy!

--- End of line (MCP)

transporter

How is the author's bullshit any different from the bullshit the author is ranting about?

The concluding paragraph:

But the Democratic Party must sense that it is about to be held accountable for all that. The Deep State officials who acted out that shadow-play on its behalf, with all its seditious overtones, are about to be frog-marched into the grand juries any week now. The party itself, or at least its executive gang, the DNC, may be included in the clean-up operation. It’s really hard to see how the party survives that. Its loyal historians will probably say that some mother****er stabbed it in the heart. More factually, the Democratic Party first lost its mind, and then committed suicide.

You whine about the lack of civility in political debate and then post this bullshit as "worth everyone's click over"??? I love the "do as I say, not as I do" mantra you ignorati types express. You must be another big supporter of Mrs. Trump's "anti-bullying" campaign, huh?

So let me explain how this laying out for you...again.

Registered Republicans lost its mind over Obama...old, white, uneducated "informed" voters couldn't handle a young black man as President. (If you doubt that go read the garbage posted on here).

Registered Republicans proved how much they despised the inexperience President Obama brought the WH by nominating a completely unfit individual in Donald Trump.

The Republican establishment then committed suicide by falling in line behind Donald Trump...a man who has no knowledge of or care for this country. Donald Trump's only concern is Donald Trump.

Yooper

So let me explain how this laying out for you...again.
So let me recommend you go back and give Kunstler's post a second read-through as you clearly missed the point. Additionally, you clearly failed to comprehend the reason why I posted it. Finally, I recommend you reread what you write before posting; in this case, poor grammar/syntax.

You whine about the lack of civility in political debate....
And so your take is to add to this lack of civility...?

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

(a) Seriously You Are Surprised At This ?

(b) Transporter has little of no respect for ANYONE not holding her world view
(a) Nope.

(b) Yup (partially). I would have ended your sentence after "ANYONE."

--- End of line (MCP)