Ruger PC Carbine

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've had my eye on a .45ACP conversion for AR-15 for some time. Macon makes a really nice kit. Still probably go that route before buying one of the Rugers. For one thing, I don't currently have any hand guns in 9mm or .40.....

Speaking of having a rifle (or carbine) and pistol using the same round, I've been lusting after one of BFR's .50 Beowulf revolvers for a good while now. ;-)

black dog

Free America
it ac

it actually has the exact same amount of kaboom. A round that is not in a chamber is going to explode in all directions. The bullet wont go anywhere unless the pressure is directed, but the casing will turn to sharpnel. If that happens in a tube mag like the other person indicated it would likely blow the sides out of the tube and could injury the person holding the gun.
Wrong, wrong and wrong, the brass case will split and what little pressure is there isn't a problem..
If the brass does what you say, the bullet will also takeoff like a missle..

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

PeoplesElbow

So buy the Big Boy then get a pistol to match. :duh:
Have had the pistol for years, like I said I had been waiting on Henry to make a match for it.

I had not owned a pistol yet and when 2013 rolled around I panicked and was not able to think too much about what I wanted because things were in short supply then. If I could do it all over again I would have gotten a 357 revolver to go with the Henry in 357. Shooting the Henry in 357 is fantastic. 10mm in a carbine would probably be pretty great, not sure I would want to shoot a full load 10mm in a pistol very much though.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
.45 ACP... .50 Beowulf. The revolver that chambers that big guy is about $1600...but I still want one for some strange masochistic reason..