Rummy

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by jlabsher
Sorry, I forgot trying to post an opinion on this board that does not conform with gun-wielding, anglo, right-wing, right-to-life, war mongering, etc, etc. is like fighting with a tar baby.
Feeling a little defensive, are we? Nobody has tried to squelch your freedom of expression on here. Sure, someone may tell you to shut up, but that doesn't mean you have to do it. Just as you are allowed, nay, encouraged to post your opinion, so are others. It just so happens you're in the minority on this board - and nationwide, if you believe the polls.

So get over it - other people have a right to their opinion, too, not just you.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by jimmy
Well, your biggest "I told you so" has yet to come about--the discovery of WMD.

While they aren't prepared to say the discovery is the smoking gun proving Iraq's possession of weapons of mass destruction, Fox News confirmed that officials are very interested in the labyrinth of labs and warehouses unearthed by U.S. forces.

The discovery was unexpected and forces in the area are testing a variety of things to best determine the significance of the find.

Marine nuclear and intelligence experts have far found 14 buildings that have high levels of radiation, an embedded reporter from the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported Thursday, noting that some of the tests have found nuclear residue too deadly for human occupation.

The Marine radiation detectors go "off the charts" a few hundred meters outside the nuclear compound, where locals say "missile water" is stored in enormous caverns, the correspondent, Carl Prine, reported. Prine is embedded with the U.S. 1st Marine Division.

Link

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hello, JH! That's Fox News and Marines saying it! Desn't count. It will only be legitimate if every member of the DU board goes over there and sees it personally for themselves.

And even then it could just be that the US planted the "evidence". In fact, that's exactly what they're saying over there now that WMD seems to be a reality.

:duh:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Hello, JH! That's Fox News and Marines saying it! Desn't count. It will only be legitimate if every member of the DU board goes over there and sees it personally for themselves.

Ohhh! Ohhh! I'll donate to send them! :howdy:

Can I pick which Hell hole?

Originally posted by vraiblonde
... And even then it could just be that the US planted the "evidence". In fact, that's exactly what they're saying over there now that WMD seems to be a reality.

:duh:
The underground complex must have been built by all those Hollywood movie people Al-Saaeed was telling us all about! :rolleyes:

J

justhangn

WELL, we have an entire nation (Frogland) of test canaries to send over there to make sure our troops are NOT hurt by that bad planted radiation.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Yeah - radiation levels that go off the charts just going near the buildings - and these guys *PLANTED* it, there? What'd they do, carry it in their pockets for three weeks?

J

justhangn

Nothing to hide here!

BRASILIA, Brazil - Iraqi Embassy employees in Brasilia started burning documents Wednesday after TV stations broadcast images of a Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) statue being toppled in Baghdad, police said. :rolleyes:

Link

jimmy

Drunkard
JH,

Yeah this COULD be it. I'm not denying it because Fox news reported it (though it is a bit strange that the others aren't--CNN tends to be the last to post 'breaking news'...waiting for credibility or out of the loop--your call). Again, all these articles say "further tests required" and I've yet to hear anything definitive from our Gov't. I'm sure they will jump all over it once tests are conclusive so I'm not worried that we won't hear about it....

Oh and as for "Where is your evidence that Bush, Powell and Rumsfeld intend to take over the world? This should be good!"

Well, not in so many words, but I believe I've brought this up before....

www.newamericancentury.org/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
CNN tends to be the last to post 'breaking news'
Unless, of course, it's election night and Al Gore is running. :bubble:

And Jimmy, please don't make me surf that whole site for where Bush says he wants to take over the world. Just tell me what section it's in, at least.

SmallTown

Football season!
Re: Nothing to hide here!

Originally posted by justhangn
BRASILIA, Brazil - Iraqi Embassy employees in Brasilia started burning documents Wednesday after TV stations broadcast images of a Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) statue being toppled in Baghdad, police said. :rolleyes:

Link

Don't these people know the civilized world uses shredders, not fire? sheesh... Get with AT LEAST the 20th century people...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:confused: Someone please explain to me why American global leadership is a bad thing? Frankly, we're already global leaders.

And tell me what this has to do with Bush and why it means he wants to take over the world?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by bluto
They thought the shredders were for shredding dissidents back in Baghdad, remember?
But they did have a stabilizing effect!

jimmy

Drunkard
Vrai,

Ok first off: Why American global leadership is such a bad thing.

It isn't---in the right format. Leading by example is one thing. Taking the moral highroad, intervening in times of crisis, helping those less fortunate than us, taking economic initiative; I see nothing wrong with this.

But America as global RULER is a different thing all toghether. We certainly can't help (and shouldn't change) our position as the strongest, richest, most 'free' country in the world. But we also shouldn't (a) abuse it to throw our weight around to get what we want or (b) assume that what is right for us is right for the rest of the world.

That is the fundamental ideology behind the PNAC---a "Pax Americana" where the US basically goes into every "hot-zone" in the world with an occupying military force and paves the way for democracy and installs friendly, democratic regimes whether the nations want us to or not simply because "we are right".

How is this pertinent to Bush and his administration? Take a look at the singatories...

Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, I. Lewis Libby, Elliot Abrams, Zalmay Khalilzad, Paula Dobriansky and Peter Rodman...all memebers of the current administration.

Other signatories of note: Jeb Bush, Dan Quayle, Donald Kagan, and Dan Quayl...

Nutjobs? Really?