Rumors Gossip Low Blows

GallopNTec

Why is it that a group of people who share a common interest, a passion, lifestyle ,addiction have to spend so much time ripping each other apart?

funny how you can find out someone likes the same obscure music, or writer that you do or likes to fish or collect pennies and that common interest brings you together.

So - I love horses, some days I'm an okay rider- some days not. I'm scared of falling off, big fences, stallions and driving a trailer by myself.
When I first learned to ride most of the people were snotty horrible know it alls. But I met 2 or 3 people who were kind and generous enough to share their knowledge and experience.

if I never ride again, I'm still allowed to love horses or can I not do that ? Can I pull my horses mane if he never walks into a show ring? Am I better because I jump 3'6" courses than if I guided trail rides?
If I train with an olympic rider , drug and beat my horse but win rated shows I'm better than if I can't afford a big name saddle for my horse but ride her everyday I can & sleep in her stall right?

Send red karma green blue polka dotted - whatever.

Amy

I totally agree with you Gallop. This could be a great place to hang out but some people have turned it into a nasty unwelcoming place.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Why is it that a group of people who share a common interest, a passion, lifestyle ,addiction have to spend so much time ripping each other apart?

funny how you can find out someone likes the same obscure music, or writer that you do or likes to fish or collect pennies and that common interest brings you together.

So - I love horses, some days I'm an okay rider- some days not. I'm scared of falling off, big fences, stallions and driving a trailer by myself.
When I first learned to ride most of the people were snotty horrible know it alls. But I met 2 or 3 people who were kind and generous enough to share their knowledge and experience.

if I never ride again, I'm still allowed to love horses or can I not do that ? Can I pull my horses mane if he never walks into a show ring? Am I better because I jump 3'6" courses than if I guided trail rides?
If I train with an olympic rider , drug and beat my horse but win rated shows I'm better than if I can't afford a big name saddle for my horse but ride her everyday I can & sleep in her stall right?

Good point Gallop..Too bad there are to many whinning lil biatches in here...I myself usually stay out of the regular horse forums.Too damn much back stabbing going on. I'd rather ride alone than be slandered by peeps that don't truely know me..I'm always out to try and help people, but anymore I'd rather not. JMO

Also Tallyhoe if your in another forum asking how to get out of the horse forum because people are mean , Then why the hell are you still here?:coffee:JMO

ElliesMom

Reality check, its the same everywhere you go, whether you fish, collect pennies or whatever even Cub Scouts I am sure 4H!

Its how much you let it get to you. So dont let it. Let people talk as much as they want. I am sure there are a few people out there that disagree with things I do regarding my horse. Oh well, I am too busy to worry about them.

But you cant quit, you'll find true friends and untrue ones. Learn to cope.

devinej

there are people you might like on this forum too, we just tend to shut up when there's a fight going on. and some go talk in the MB instead of out here....

can i send polka dotted karma? that would be more fun. green dots.

so do you have horses now? do you like to trail ride? where do you trail ride? i've been to st.mary's lake a few times, its fun. greenwell too. skyview (has JUMPS!!)

i like big fences, am not too good at backing trailers, don't like stallions much, and falling off is something i'd rather not do. :otter:

erinjograves

Wow! Very well put! But you know, in the horse world (not just on forums) people can be cruel!! Everyone is right. You just need to watch your back and choose who is a friend and who is someone you should watch! I have learned that not everyone is going to agree with what everyone else is doing with thier horse. One person may agree with scareing the crap out of a horse to make him less spooky and others may tend to try to give him something else to associate the spookyness with and try to calm him that way. Alot of people LOVE sweet feed and alot of people HATE it. In all honesty, you have to do what is best for you and your horse, and forget what anyone else has to say. Yes, people can make suggestions and those are the great people to have around!!! They offer so much insight into a different way of doing things. Its the people that tell you you are a horrible horse owner because you refuse to yank on your horses mouth or beat the crap out of him when he doesnt stand still. All in all, this is just my opinion. I stay out of the fights or issues on the forum because honestly it doesnt concern me. The people who start stuff on here are just trying to get to people or trying to be entertaining! If you ask me, what was going on with Sadie was completely inappropriate. I feel for her. I dont know her personally, I dont think, but I think all of us can agree that she didnt deserve to be berated as she was. I commend her for taking it all in stride! It shows what type of person she is, and honestly, I would love to meet her!
Anywho! I have wasted enough time on here. Just remember that you are who you are and anyone who says your a bad person because of that, just tell them to suck your big toe!!! :lmao::lmao:
Have a great day!!!!!:buddies::yahoo:

Loper

Animal Poor!
Peanut wanted me to tell you that this made him :bawl:

:lmao:

:pete: anyone who knows Peanut probably doesn't even think of him as a stallion as he IS THE EXCEPTION to the norm of how many stallions ACT. :lmao: I know the only time I remember is when he let's it all hang out... :lmao::lmao: