• Nope

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Endorphins are endogenous opioid polypeptide compounds. They are produced by the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus in vertebrates during strenuous exercise,[1] excitement, pain and orgasm,[2][3] and they resemble the opiates in their abilities to produce analgesia and a sense of well-being. Endorphins work as "natural pain relievers", whose effects may be enhanced by other medications.

Limbaugh just said he's never felt that, not even once, in his life and he's done all sorts of exercise, played high school football including two a days, so on and so forth. He said the only thing he's ever enjoyed about exercise is when it's over.

My wife says the same thing; no runners high.

After 3 or 4 days of no exercise or sex I start to feel like a big, giant, sluggish turd. Exercise, at least 30 minutes, makes me feel great the rest of the day.

So, does exercise make you feel good?

frozenrain

YES yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does.I go insane if I can not exercise.Now I have moved to Frederick I can walk the school run,then walk to a park and trail and then walk to a giant grocery store and other stores.This in between the gym makes me feel fantastic.I love coming back from the gym and jumping in the shower.I feel a million times better.It de- stresses me so much!!
I do not smoke,drink or take any medication-exercise is my drug.Yay!!!!!!

lovinmaryland

Yes. During a 90 minute spin class I can be exhausted and about to keel over... but an hour or so after I feel great!!!

Vince

Before my knees went to sh##, and I could run a lot, I got the high. Feels like you could just keep running forever. It's great. Alass, too many years of pounding the pavement has taken it's toll on my knees and feet. Think I'll take up bicycling and see how my knees take it.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Runners High

When I was stationed in Hawaii, one of the guys there arranged to take a pee test immediately following running the Honolulu marathon.

The first test, immediately at the end of the race, tested positive for morphine.
Second test, 1 hours later was all clear.

The "runners high" is actually your brain manufacturing endorphins to mask the pain. Chemically very similar to morphine but totally gone in a few minutes.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Some days I feel like I could run for the whole day. Other days I'm dragging butt trying to get in a mile. But at the end of each run or work out I feel great.

What helps me out in a run is when I use my Nike+. I push myself just a bit more hoping to beat the last run. Right now I could us any motivation I can get. I'm becoming so bored with my workouts, I have nothing pushing me to do my best any more.

thurley42

HY;FR
Some days I feel like I could run for the whole day. Other days I'm dragging butt trying to get in a mile. But at the end of each run or work out I feel great.

What helps me out in a run is when I use my Nike+. I push myself just a bit more hoping to beat the last run. Right now I could us any motivation I can get. I'm becoming so bored with my workouts, I have nothing pushing me to do my best any more.

do you normally run on the tmill? maybe mix it up a little bit...

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
do you normally run on the tmill? maybe mix it up a little bit...

If I do a run on the treadmill it's only monday or thursday the rest of the time it's outside.

Tuesday I went for a run outside 7am. It was great, weather was awesome!

thurley42

HY;FR
If I do a run on the treadmill it's only monday or thursday the rest of the time it's outside.

Tuesday I went for a run outside 7am. It was great, weather was awesome!

yeah...i like doing the access road that runs along 235 from gate 2 to 3 through the woods. it's very peaceful in the mornings.

Vince

yeah...i like doing the access road that runs along 235 from gate 2 to 3 through the woods. it's very peaceful in the mornings.
The most I can do anymore is about 1/2 mi before my knees start killing me. I pulled the bicycle out of moth balls and aired up the tires.

thurley42

HY;FR
The most I can do anymore is about 1/2 mi before my knees start killing me. I pulled the bicycle out of moth balls and aired up the tires.

that sucks....but as long as you can get out there and do something that is the important part...

Runner's high for me has always been when I hit the zone where I feel like I could go forever, where you can stop focusing on breathing, striding, and all other physical things and focus/enjoy your surroundings.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
. I'm becoming so bored with my workouts, I have nothing pushing me to do my best any more.

I go through that every few months, too! I've started taking a few new classes twice a week so that helps keep it fun. I absolutely love body pump!

morningbell

hmmmmmm
So, does exercise make you feel good?

I HATE running, I LOVE to exercise though.... these days I'm limited and have gained weight because of the beginning of my pregnancy :dead: But when I walk or swim I feel amazing I truly believe it is a cure all for all sorts of issues from mental to pain management.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
After years of running in the military I can honestly say I never experienced that "high". I got good at running but never enjoyed it. I used to love step aerobics and I always felt great after a good workout, unstressed and happy. Unfortunately all the years of running and step took their toll and now my knees, feet, and back hurt too much to run or do any high impact activity anymore.