Russia wins COVID vaccine race, calling it "Sputnik V"

Chris0nllyn

Russia’s President Vladimir Putin, opening a meeting with the state officials, reported of the registration in Russia of the first vaccine worldwide against the coronavirus infection.
https://tass.com/society/1188135

Russia has received a request for the production of 1 bln doses of the COVID-19 vaccine produced by the Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology from 20 states, head of the Russian Direct Investment Fund Kirill Dmitriev said during an online conference.
https://tass.com/society/1188259

Russian scientists have not released any data yet.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
No lab results, no test data, no history, no information other than "we did it first".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's interesting that in one breath they denigrate Russia as the biggest threat to the world (next to Trump), and in the next they cheer because Russia says it has a COVID vaccine.

The constant inconsistency is surely bad for their mental health.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
No lab results, no test data, no history, no information other than "we did it first".

Chris0nllyn

It's interesting that in one breath they denigrate Russia as the biggest threat to the world (next to Trump), and in the next they cheer because Russia says it has a COVID vaccine.

Who is "they", because I've seen plenty say that they aren't so sure about Russia's claims.

Can we at least let potentially positive news be positive? There's a chance this vaccine will help save lives, but of course it has to be "contempt before investigation" because people see Russia mentioned.

Chris0nllyn

Chris, I'm not going to watch the ****ing news and go over social media for you.

That's fine. I was just curious who "they" were that you were talking about. If you feel somehow threatened by that, that wasn't my intention but it's not the first time a simple question has sent you over the deep end.

The scientific community appears to be cautious.
“That the Russians may be skipping such measures and steps is what worries our community of vaccine scientists. If they get it wrong it could undermine the entire global enterprise,” says Peter Hotez, a vaccine scientist at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas.
“This is a reckless and foolish decision. Mass vaccination with an improperly tested vaccine is unethical. Any problem with the Russian vaccination campaign would be disastrous both through its negative effects on health, but also because it would further set back the acceptance of vaccines in the population,” Francois Balloux, a geneticist at University College London, said in a statement distributed by the UK Science Media Centre.
“I simply haven’t managed to find any published details of a protocol,” says Danny Altmann, an immunologist at Imperial College London. He hopes the trial is closely tracking the immune responses of participants and looking out for any side effects.
“Not sure what Russia is up to, but I certainly would not take a vaccine that hasn’t been tested in Phase III,” said Florian Krammer, a virologist at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City, in a tweet. “Nobody knows if it’s safe or if it works. They are putting [health-care workers] and their population at risk.”
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02386-2

Crabcatcher79

Let's see one reputable source that is cheering this blindly without saying to be cautious of Russia's claims.

Why must you constantly lie to prove your points?