RV Campgrounds

Pete

Repete
Bethpage - Great place. Pricey but great.
Cherrystone (Eastern Shore of VA) not bad. Nice beach and piers for fishing. Lots of activities
American Heritage - Close to BG but crowded.
Harbor View - Colonial Beach. Never saw the harbor. Not a bad place. Not my #1 or #2.

Going to Castaways this year for the first time. Last year they were booked solid.

sockgirl77

Bethpage - Great place. Pricey but great.
Cherrystone (Eastern Shore of VA) not bad. Nice beach and piers for fishing. Lots of activities
American Heritage - Close to BG but crowded.
Harbor View - Colonial Beach. Never saw the harbor. Not a bad place. Not my #1 or #2.

Going to Castaways this year for the first time. Last year they were booked solid.

See, I'm not a fan of Bethpage. It's great if you're a partier, but not for small children. It's loud and there are obnoxious drunks walking around.

Pete

Repete
See, I'm not a fan of Bethpage. It's great if you're a partier, but not for small children. It's loud and there are obnoxious drunks walking around.

Never experienced drunks to that level. Between the pools, the water slides, the lake, mini golf and other stuff the kids should be comatose by 8 anyway.

sockgirl77

Never experienced drunks to that level. Between the pools, the water slides, the lake, mini golf and other stuff the kids should be comatose by 8 anyway.

:lol: I don't drink around my kids and prefer them not to be around the drunks so we've decided to never go back to BP.

HollyRockJT

Jus Chillin...

Basically :lol:

:lol: I don't drink around my kids and prefer them not to be around the drunks so we've decided to never go back to BP.

When did you go? I've been there like 6 times, and never had any problems like that...

sockgirl77

Basically :lol:

When did you go? I've been there like 6 times, and never had any problems like that...

The last time we went was a few years ago. Saw a friend of mine post on FB about their camping trip there last summer. They are a wild bunch. People like them are exactly why I will not go back. :lol:

HollyRockJT

Jus Chillin...
The last time we went was a few years ago. Saw a friend of mine post on FB about their camping trip there last summer. They are a wild bunch. People like them are exactly why I will not go back. :lol:

Ah, I've taken the kids 5 of the 6 times, haven't had any issues yet... maybe you just caught a bad weekend...

sockgirl77

Ah, I've taken the kids 5 of the 6 times, haven't had any issues yet... maybe you just caught a bad weekend...

Maybe so. Seeing my friends pics of them getting drunk and wrecking the golf cart didn't help my opinion on the place either. We love JellyStone, but I'd love to try something different this summer.

JeJeTe

Happiness
Playing off of this thread.....good recipes to pack and camping with you that are crowd pleasers and keep easily. It's a RV so we do have a mostly full kitchen but I don't want to spend most of my time there cooking. :smile:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Maybe so. Seeing my friends pics of them getting drunk and wrecking the golf cart didn't help my opinion on the place either. We love JellyStone, but I'd love to try something different this summer.

Extended holiday weekends can be pretty crazy at Bethpage coupled with the large flow of golf carts but my husband would always run the A/C on high and I would be buried under several blankets so I never heard a thing when I went to bed. When my kids were small, I did have to watch them closely so some idiot didn't smash into them with a golf cart but noticed on later visit, they had signs up saying you must have a driver's license to operate a golf cart now. One weekend at Bethpage (and we have stayed there no less than 35 times), several people were taken to the hospital with flu-like symptoms, my sister-in-law included, and I wondered if there was some sewer overflow in that lake?? On the other side, they have campers with no sewer holes. It was a busy weekend that weekend, everyone seemed to be getting sick and did count 16-17 known people who had the flu. Lake + sewer overflow did make me wonder.

Gray's Point is slower paced. They have events, a pool, playground and less partying/golf carts.

Granite Hill in Gettysburg is nice and they have several events locally and at the campground itself. http://granitehillcampingresort.com/gallery/

Pirate Land in S.C. is tons of fun for kids and we always get a spot right by the beach, which is a blast. The only downside is the fireworks on the beach every single night unless you don't mind staying awake until mid-night or 1 a.m. :shrug:

I sold my camper a few years back but I have been considering buying something small, compact, like a mini-light now that my father sold his big RV (which me and my brother-in-law used - never him) and my kids would prefer to be home vs. camping with mom and dad now. :lol:

I actually had a ton of fun at Goose Bay when I've stayed. It was close enough that we hauled our boat, kayaks, paddle boards and jet skies there and staying on site made it easy to be on and off the water.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Yogi Campground in Luray.

That last hill going into the valley is rough but also a great time.

Castaways is always a hit in O.C. but when they are booked (which is often), check out Frontier Town http://www.frontiertown.com/ because I have always had luck finding a spot there. One time we stayed next to the marsh and my dogs kept coming back very dirty, drove me crazy so I do try and avoid that spot. Some campers had a spot on the lake and were able to fish next to their site.