RV Park Lot Rental in Maryland

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I was looking for a seasonal site for the summer in Northern NY. One of the sites I was looking at had a "No Campers Over 10 Years Old" policy. I called and asked about it and it was not negotiable. Our camper at the time was a garage kept immaculate 12 year old unit. They didn't care. Needless to say if I had a new $100K unit I would not bless them with my presence. F them I hope their sewage system backs up on to all of their fire pits and playground.
???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was looking for a seasonal site for the summer in Northern NY. One of the sites I was looking at had a "No Campers Over 10 Years Old" policy. I called and asked about it and it was not negotiable. Our camper at the time was a garage kept immaculate 12 year old unit. They didn't care. Needless to say if I had a new $100K unit I would not bless them with my presence. F them I hope their sewage system backs up on to all of their fire pits and playground.

Usually parks will let you send a pic of the RV and give you a pass if it's not a shitshow. Monello and I ran into this a lot when we were on the road. But occasionally the park would be a hard ass about it, so I'd reserve us somewhere else and screw those people.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
For your consideration ...

Well if you're an owner of an RV/camping park, you'd not want to give anyone the chance to be able to claim residency on your property. Else how would you be able to remove them?
It can work if managed properly. Good friends of mine own one of the permanent "RV" lots at Greys Point and it's a very nice and nicely maintained little community.

https://greyspointcamp.com/

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Zar posted this about 5 years ago

Mobile homes are required to be set up on a foundation by a HUD installer in st. marys county
All new homes require a sprinkler system in st. mary's county (including mobile homes)
mobile homes are taxable as houses because they are "fixated"

A tiny home would seemingly avoid all of these regulations. Mobile home manufacturers sell "tiny homes" called "park models" which is classified as as RV's (no more than 399 sq ft) which is enough reason for the county to say "hey you aren't allowed to live in this"

Campground and Day or Boarding Camp. 12 a. General Standards: 13 (1) Site plan approval shall be required. 14 (2) Year-round residency within tents and recreational vehicles in campgrounds is prohibited.

No mobile recreational vehicle or camping trailer may be occupied for more han three consecutive months.

https://www.stmarysmd.com/docs/CurrentZO.pdf

121. Recreational Vehicles. 6 a. Accessory Standards: 7 (1) Recreational vehicles may not be occupied as permanent residences.

8 (2) In allowable zones, the property owner, his tenants or guests may make use of one camping or recreational trailer on the owner's lot subject to the following conditions:

(a) Use shall be on a parcel of 1 acre or more.
(b) The camping or recreational trailer may only be used on an intermittent basis by the aforesaid individuals for private recreational use and enjoyment of the owner's property, such as for camping or hunting.
(c) No person shall be entitled to reside in the recreational vehicle for more than seven consecutive nights.
(d) The camping or recreational trailer must be completely screened from the view of dwellings on adjacent lots by a fence or evergreen buffer. 19
(e) Each camping or recreational trailer shall be equipped with an authorized self-contained sewerage holding tank. (3) Recreational vehicles shall comply with the floodplain provisions of this 22 Ordinance.

https://www.stmarysmd.com/docs/CZO.pdf