S.o.a.

We are finally 1/2 way through Season 7... the series finale season. :jameo: We have NEVER been so hooked on a series! :jameo:

On a related note, Ron Perlman has a new series on Amazon Prime (it's an Amazon original) called Hand of God. I'd say it's decent, not great. Not as good as early SOA but better than later SOA.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
We just started season II. I'm having a hard time with a biker that has his mommy run interference for him. The usual cast of flawed characters that make for some interesting encounters. I don't like to root for people that I would avoid in real life. Murderers, law breakers, gun runners, etc.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not liking the doctor/biker romance. That educated woman is NOT going to be pining after some punk ass like Jax.

There's a lot about this show that is super far-fetched.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm not liking the doctor/biker romance. That educated woman is NOT going to be pining after some punk ass like Jax.

There's a lot about this show that is super far-fetched.

I think a million jailhouse pen-pal romances prove you wrong........ :) Not common, granted, but with millions of monkeys, there will always be the outliers....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think a million jailhouse pen-pal romances prove you wrong........ :) Not common, granted, but with millions of monkeys, there will always be the outliers....

Good point. Not to mention all the women - even right in in this thread - who find this loser attractive. :twitch:

It still irks me to see an educated career woman hooked up with a biker outlaw. That's why you go to school and get your chit together, so you *don't* end up with guys like that.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Good point. Not to mention all the women - even right in in this thread - who find this loser attractive. :twitch:

It still irks me to see an educated career woman hooked up with a biker outlaw. That's why you go to school and get your chit together, so you *don't* end up with guys like that.

Not all bikers are outlaws. :nono: :smile:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Not all bikers are outlaws. :nono: :smile:

Do all the outlaw biker's moms clean their apartments, wash their clothes, unpack their boxes, babysit their kids, manage their lovelife, wipe their azzes, make sure the other biker people don't say mean things to him?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Do all the outlaw biker's moms clean their apartments, wash their clothes, unpack their boxes, babysit their kids, manage their lovelife, wipe their azzes, make sure the other biker people don't say mean things to him?

Not that I'm aware of. :lol:

lucky_bee

RBF expert

but that was kind of a main theme throughout the series: Gemma's sick obsession with Jax. His brother and father/her husband and son both died, I think he was willing to let her be crazy out of loyalty to her... like, he saw it as a way to keep the peace with her: let her be crazy, it's easier this way. But situations are constantly arising to test that loyalty and see just how far they'd let each other push it. The final season reallllly tested that mother-son bond and you see what it takes to make one or the other break it :shrug:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
:lol:

I've been hearing for a couple years now they've started filming on a spin-off series with the Mayans. Haven't read anything recently if that ever actually happened.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/mayans-mc
Mayans MC is the next chapter in the Sons of Anarchy saga, Kurt Sutter’s award-winning series. The first season of the new drama from Sutter and Elgin James will premiere on FX in 2018.

Set in a post Jax Teller world, where EZ Reyes -- fresh out of prison -- is a prospect in the Mayan MC charter on the Cali/Mexi border. Now EZ must carve out his new outlaw identity in a town where he once was the golden boy with the American Dream in his grasp.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Ugh, these icky people. :dead:

I'm annoyed with Gemma, and she's my favorite character. She's just been gang raped by Henry Rollins and Co (soap opera much, SOA?), and won't tell Clay because "that's what they want me to do!" Yeah, great reason, Gemma. I know she later does tell Clay and Jax what happened, but she should have told them right away so they could shoot the #### out of him before he causes anymore problems.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Ugh, these icky people. :dead:

I'm annoyed with Gemma, and she's my favorite character. She's just been gang raped by Henry Rollins and Co (soap opera much, SOA?), and won't tell Clay because "that's what they want me to do!" Yeah, great reason, Gemma. I know she later does tell Clay and Jax what happened, but she should have told them right away so they could shoot the #### out of him before he causes anymore problems.

I thought Henry did really good in that roll…Him and Horace Pinker (Mitch Pileggi) from the movie shocker.