Sad news.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

h3mech

I was contacted Friday by Skillet Girl. I am sorry to announce that BCP a long time friend and one time prolific poster here at SOMD passed away that morning. Today I confirmed from Skillet Girl that her and Pan Lady gave their permission me announcing some details. A final determination has not been made but the firm belief was that it was of a heart attack. Services will be held on Thursday July 5th, at 3 pm, at Kalas funeral home in Edgewater.

I first met him at a mutual work place years ago. He showed me some of his old stomping grounds in Virginia beach and Outer banks. Was an avid boater, shooter and general outdoorsman. We biked the C&O canal together. Him and his family weathered a hurricane out at my house and we drove through the storm to bring his parents a generator. He was a generous man, and I will miss him.

sorry for your loss

CRHS89

So sorry to hear this. I used to really enjoy his stories and missed him when he stopped posting. RIP BCP.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Foxhound and I will certainly pass on all of your condolences to PanLady and Skillet Girl on Thursday. :huggy:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Foxhound and I will certainly pass on all of your condolences to PanLady and Skillet Girl on Thursday. :huggy:

That would be nice of y’all. Bruce was, certainly, a presence on this forum, plus irl. I still communicated with him after he stopped posting. I stopped hearing from him about 6 months ago. He was missed before his time on Earth ended. And, I agree in what you said about we never know, and should live it to the fullest, while we can.

I would have liked to go to his funeral, but we are committed to the grandtot babysitting thing. It is the same as we had to miss the funeral of a boy last year that our son grew up with, and, that was in Edgewater, too.

Last edited:

Bann

PREMO Member
Foxhound and I attended the memorial service for bcp (Bruce) this afternoon. It was a very nice service with a mixture of family, as well as old and new friends of Bruce's. At times it was quite emotional and there were lots of great stories shared about Bruce and a lot of laughter, along with some tears. Mostly laughing. We also got to meet his first granddaughter, who is 10 months old and is the spitting image of his daugther, SkilletGirl(Heather) - she's absolutely beautiful -with the biggest blue eyes ever!

We were able to pass on the condolences of everyone to both Marta(PanLady) and Heather(SkilletGirl) and they were very touched by them. The family had about 3 or 4 easels of pictures of Bruce throughout his life. As a young man, in the US Navy, as a young father, as a grandfather. He obviously doted on his granddaughter, as there was 1 whole easel of photos of just the two of them. So many pictures and so many memories. Out of all the pictures, there was one which stood out and made Foxhound and I laugh out loud. It was of Bruce holding Heather when she was a little baby. He was feeding her with a bottle. I asked Heather if I might take a picture of that photo to share on the forums. She said it was okay. Both Foxhound and I felt like it was "totally Bruce", as soon as we saw it. Those of you who knew him will agree, I'm sure.

It was hard to get just a picture of that one picture - but basically, it's the one in the center of this photo collage.
36730235_2134341173245915_758083271299956736_n.jpg

In case it's a little difficult to make out what the heck he is doing - he's feeding the baby her bottle in a caulking gun!! :killingme

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I think all funerals should be a celebration of life of the deceased.

When my older brother passed at 37, his Army buddies and college fraternity friends had an awesome graveside celebration of life. That levity was both needed and necessary at that time. It started the healing.

don.jpg

Bann

PREMO Member

When my older brother passed at 37, his Army buddies and college fraternity friends had an awesome graveside celebration of life. That levity was both needed and necessary at that time. It started the healing.

View attachment 123490

:yay:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Thanks for sharing with the forum, Bann; bcp was a unique person, and, was already sorely missed. I was fortunate to have known him and fam irl. Hang in there, Marta and Heather. Your husband/father was truly loved by many, and he brought humor to this forum, and made us laugh. Humor in life is most important. :huggy:

I met y’all the one time on the same day. It had a huge impact on me, over time. Rest well, Bruce.

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Foxhound and I attended the memorial service for bcp (Bruce) this afternoon. It was a very nice service with a mixture of family, as well as old and new friends of Bruce's. At times it was quite emotional and there were lots of great stories shared about Bruce and a lot of laughter, along with some tears. Mostly laughing. We also got to meet his first granddaughter, who is 10 months old and is the spitting image of his daugther, SkilletGirl(Heather) - she's absolutely beautiful -with the biggest blue eyes ever!

We were able to pass on the condolences of everyone to both Marta(PanLady) and Heather(SkilletGirl) and they were very touched by them. The family had about 3 or 4 easels of pictures of Bruce throughout his life. As a young man, in the US Navy, as a young father, as a grandfather. He obviously doted on his granddaughter, as there was 1 whole easel of photos of just the two of them. So many pictures and so many memories. Out of all the pictures, there was one which stood out and made Foxhound and I laugh out loud. It was of Bruce holding Heather when she was a little baby. He was feeding her with a bottle. I asked Heather if I might take a picture of that photo to share on the forums. She said it was okay. Both Foxhound and I felt like it was "totally Bruce", as soon as we saw it. Those of you who knew him will agree, I'm sure.

It was hard to get just a picture of that one picture - but basically, it's the one in the center of this photo collage.
View attachment 123489

In case it's a little difficult to make out what the heck he is doing - he's feeding the baby her bottle in a caulking gun!! :killingme

:roflmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

:lol: Very typical and a good memory to share.

:yay: After my mom's funeral, there was a gathering of the family at one of my aunt's house. There we share a lot of love and laughter over a great spread of food. I think Mom was smiling at that.

Bann

PREMO Member
I'm glad Bruce's funeral was a party. He'd have liked that. :yay:

There were some epic Bruce stories shared!! One buddy of his just really captured Bruce's essence and spirit and it wasn't a "formal" type of eulogy. NOT in the least!! :lol: But, it was truly one of the best I've ever heard. It brought me to tears to see the love he had for Bruce in sharing those stories and at the same time just reaching out to everyone in the room - to comfort them at the same time.