Saddle help, please!

devinej

awesome. well the bates have that kind of padding under the cantle. my beval does not.

Pessoas generally do have that type of padding.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Hmmm, yes Bates do have the square panels, which is why they don't fit my guy. The caprilli, at least the older model that I have has a pretty nicely cutback pommel that would be good for high withers. It was great for the andies and freisians. I know you said you weren't a fan of Bates, but you might want to give them a try. Elam sells them, did he try any on Lincoln when you were there?

Duckz

Hmmm, yes Bates do have the square panels, which is why they don't fit my guy. The caprilli, at least the older model that I have has a pretty nicely cutback pommel that would be good for high withers. It was great for the andies and freisians. I know you said you weren't a fan of Bates, but you might want to give them a try. Elam sells them, did he try any on Lincoln when you were there?

No, and I wish we had :smack: I think Elam remembered me saying I didn't like the Bates, so he didn't bother. I'll see if someone at AMIT has one I can try. Are there any southern MD tack stores that carry saddles besides Elam's and Gayers?

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Just One More in Prince Frederick carries saddles. I can't remember all of the brands but I know they have courbette and bates and they're usually pretty willing to order stuff too.

Duckz

Just One More in Prince Frederick carries saddles. I can't remember all of the brands but I know they have courbette and bates and they're usually pretty willing to order stuff too.

Oooh, that's very good to know. I'll have to take a trip up and check out their Courbette saddles. Thanks! :huggy:

Duckz

I tried a Courbette, and it fit!! Well, it fit Lincoln, not me, it was a 16.5 and my butt just ain't that small :razz: But my mom and I both love the saddle, so we'll start looking for one in a 17 or 17.5. Many thanks to BlissfulJumper for the saddle loan! :huggy: