Saddle help.

IntegritysDream

:howdy: I am looking at a Pessoa A/O English Saddle. Do they have flocked panneling? Ive looked online but i cant find anything out.

I found out that my pony needs a saddle that is raised up in the back because he has a small rib cage, and generally you dont want a saddle that goes past his last rib, but due to my size, its impossible, but the current saddle i have (Wintec close contact) the way it fits him, becaue its "flat" what ever that means, it pushed down at the back on his back and when he tries to canter or lift his back, it causes alot of pressure and some pain/disconfort, which is why he keeps rebelling or bucking and doesnt like to canter or use his back according to the chiropractor and saddler. Any suggestions to good saddles?? or can someone explain exactly what they mean by "raised in the back" i cant figuare it out. I need a 16 inch with long flaps, prefeerably close contact, but they said that it will be hard to find a close contact that will be raised up, probably easier to find a show jumping saddle. The saddler said that if its flocked, she can adjust it either way to help eleaveate some of the pressure so that is a must.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Who is telling you these things? If you're looking for a saddle fitter check out Susie Coffey - 410-489-3636.

The A/O Baloubet is wool flocked.
I believe the A/O is foam flocked.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
oh wow I didn't know you were a saddle fitter and chiropractor.

:otter:I'm surprised you know what a saddle fitter is.

There are a lot of factors that go into choosing the right saddle. Any knowledgeable person can help and give insight. Re: type of flocking (injected foam or wool, air, etc.), changeable gullets, width of the panels, thickness of the panels, cutback of the pommel, spring tree, wood tree, etc.

And, for the rider, width of the twist, length of the flap, position/angle of the flap, size of knee rolls, size and position of thigh blocks, if present, etc.

IntegritysDream

yeah. And its hard with ponies esp cause they can be so round. My pony is very wide, and needs a saddle that is shorter, like elevates kinda in the back due to his shorter back. Ive been looking, they want me to get one with flocked panneling, so they can adjust it if anything, but a lot of the new saddles have foam or airflow. Ive only found a handful of saddles that are flocked =(

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
yeah. And its hard with ponies esp cause they can be so round. My pony is very wide, and needs a saddle that is shorter, like elevates kinda in the back due to his shorter back.

Another great point, if someone on here has experience with non-children's saddles on ponies it would be Devine.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Heck, I know how to make saddles after watching the Discovery channel!:lmao: Just like the person on here who claims they teach "with a strong emphasis on dressage principles" and they have never even taken a dressage lesson.:killingme WWSS = WD:whistle:

IntegritysDream

well they didnt really suggest any which is why im in a rutt. And the owner of the farm doesnt want me to get anything over $1200 cause she said probably what ever we find that will fit him, most likely wont fit a actual horse so once i sell him, i need to sell it as a package deal.

yeah devine is gonna come take a look and help me out!! :buddies:

sadie! make me a saddle!! :lmao:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
well they didnt really suggest any which is why im in a rutt. And the owner of the farm doesnt want me to get anything over $1200 cause she said probably what ever we find that will fit him, most likely wont fit a actual horse so once i sell him, i need to sell it as a package deal.

yeah devine is gonna come take a look and help me out!! :buddies:

sadie! make me a saddle!! :lmao:

I thought you were going to look into the Bates saddle? Maybe Sadie can leave hers for you as a going away present. :lmao:

Once you find out what type of saddle will fit Indy keep checking Ebay.

Last edited:

devinej

hahahahhaha

we'll find something that will work i'm sure for less that 1200. ouch. older saddles will be flocked. like an older beval or pessoa....ahh hermes... i want....

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
hahahahhaha

we'll find something that will work i'm sure for less that 1200. ouch. older saddles will be flocked. like an older beval or pessoa....ahh hermes... i want....

Would the older Crosby's work. Maybe a Prix de Nations?

IntegritysDream

i was looking at crosbys, dover circuts, and pessoas and then there was 2 other brands that i was looking at cause they had the style i needed but i cant member the names off the top of my head. From what ive read, the bates is the same as the wintec except they are real leather (like wintec is made by bates actully), same goes for the new colligetes.. but they are just like the same layout as the bates and all. They said that i should go with a jumpers saddle cause close contact saddles, the way they are made, will be very hard to find to work for him. Id like to be able to try some of the saddles out before i buy them so ive just been looking at like dover and all where i can "test" it before i buy it.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
i was looking at crosbys, dover circuts, and pessoas and then there was 2 other brands that i was looking at cause they had the style i needed but i cant member the names off the top of my head. From what ive read, the bates is the same as the wintec except they are real leather (like wintec is made by bates actully), same goes for the new colligetes.. but they are just like the same layout as the bates and all. They said that i should go with a jumpers saddle cause close contact saddles, the way they are made, will be very hard to find to work for him. Id like to be able to try some of the saddles out before i buy them so ive just been looking at like dover and all where i can "test" it before i buy it.

Most places will let you test before buying.:howdy: