Saddles!

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I keep hearing about Elam's...where is his shop? I would love to check out his stock. I need a new saddle for my draftx and cannot spare the $$$ now for the brand new custom I am in love with. :bawl:

Elam rocks! I took Peanut down there to fit him and I've gotten custom bridles for both of my drafts from him. His prices are also better than most of the other local stores.

If you head down Rte 4 turn right on 231 towards Hughesville.
In Hughesville follow the traffic circles for 5 South.
Continue Right on Rte 5 for about 6 miles
The driveway for Loveville Leather is on the left after Stauffer's Feed Mill. If you pass the "Short Stop" gas station/convienence store you went too far.

Actually...there's another way too.

From the above directions when you turn right to stay on Rte 5 if you go only 5.7 miles you can turn left onto Loveville Rd. (Rte 247).

Make the first Right onto Parsons Mill Rd. and in almost 1 mile the store will be on your right. Since the driveway is dirt this way is usually better as the drive way is much shorter and better kept up too.

Or, if you have a GPS you can always plug in his address - 40625 Parsons Mill Rd Leonardtown, MD 20650

Last edited:

SugarNSpikes

Thank you all for all of the wonderful ideas. I'll check eBay, and head over to Elam's sometime soon.

I'm just worried that I've never had my guy properly fitted for a saddle, and I'm horrible at saddle fitting.. I just know that he's very very wide.. and he's a stocky QH so I'm assuming that a wide tree saddle should fit him, but I really should have a professional opinion first...:whistle:

devinej

yep good plan. wide sounds appropriate, but let elam help you. there are some saddle fitting websites that can help you with the basics

fredsaid2

Dover's is having a big sale, the lowest prices I've seen on their Circuits. There is a used Elite (17.5 W) for 499.00, new at 600ish. I think all the new ones come w/ a bridle.